Makeup and Shoe Rec for Holiday Party!

daisydeadpetals

I have a fancy holiday party on saturday..and I need help! I bought this dress:
22908479_B1.jpg

This is me
Philadelphia13Oct0600679.jpg

New2007.jpg

Can anyone help me figure out what makeup to wear??

Also, I'm trying to pick shoes and I'm having trouble finding what I want..
I really love these, but I don't know if they really go with the dress...
827-208011-p.jpg

and I just picked up this pair, and I'm sure they'd probably go with the dress fine, but I don't love them...I guess they can be my back up in case I don't find anything else!
New2006.jpg

What do you think??
Thanks in advance!!!

SWEET LUST *

I think the steve madden shoes you have are fine.
Is the dress that you bought navy or black? You can do a blue-based smokey eye with a silver-toned glitter liner. If you're looking for something brighter, maybe greens on your lid with deepblue on the outer v and plumage in crease. HTHs

sexypuma

I think the 2nd pair of shoes will look better with the dress. As for MU, red lips are hot. I would totally go for red lips, simple eyes with lots of mascara. I like mac red l/s, pure vanity l/g, autobody red l/v, or wild 'bout you l/s.

HTH

Fairybelle

Shoes first: I love the Steve Madden shoes in the lower photo. The top ones are cute, but look a little more appropriate for work (would look hot with a cute silk retro-style cream blouse and navy wide legged slacks!) even though I suppose the pleats on the first shoes would go well with the dress...but the second pair looks dressier due to the thinner heel!
Makeup: Girl, you've got gorgeous lips, so why not dress them up in a glam berry tone with a simple cat eye?
Eyes: Bare Canvas all over, with Shroom e/s all over lid up to browbone. Use Malt e/s lightly over lid, with Wedge in crease and outer 'v'. Line eyes with MAC liquid eye liner in Boot Black, making cat eye line thicker towards outer edge of eye. Lashes can go with just a curler and some MAC Fiber Rich Mascara in Black (or, add falsies on the outer edges if you want more drama).
Cheeks: Soft sweep of Mocha blush
Lips: Line lips with Vino l/l, fill in. Top with Odyssey l/s, and Clear Lipglass.
Gorgeous dress, by the way!! I would have bought that one too!! Good luck with whatever look you go with-- this is just my rec!

daisydeadpetals

Thanks for all of your suggestions!!

I kind of knew the top shoes wouldn't work as well, I was just in denial and wanted an excuse to buy them, haha - I've been looking at them for months
smiles.gif

The dress is a layer of black chiffon over a layer of deep blue, it's even prettier in person!

Now I have to go and practice my cat eye
smiles.gif

Hawkeye

I really think a smokey bronze eye would look amazing. If you use it you can use a bit of dark olive green as well and then use peach blush and lipgloss along with some bronzer.

I think if you did a dark smokey eye (like with black etc) it would be too matchy and I personally get bored of the classic makeup looks LOL

d_flawless

the 2nd pair would go well. with shorter dresses, you always need to show off your feet, a closed toed wouldn't work since it's too stiff looking.
i really like the dress. a smokey eye with a bit of blue incorporated would look awesome. i love contrast or deep truth for darker blue looks

Latest posts