MAKEUP STORE COSMETICS! New discovery for me!

JustDivine

Urgh, you girls are in trouble
ssad.gif
Serious.

I went to Westfield today on other business, and walked straight past the shop because I know I am on restriction at the moment.

So, I went to my appointment, which I was told would be delayed, so told me to come back in 15 mins. I circled the centre once in that time (daily exercise!) and still had time to kill. So I thought it wouldn't hurt just to look inside the Make Up Store. WELL...I was wrong!

Little while later, 2 eyeshadows, 2 High Tech lighters....loads more guilt, 0 buyers remorse because they are actually just beautiful products!
The eyedusts were also incredibly amazing in their texture, but I had to stop at some point. Absolutely worth every penny, totally puts MAC in the shade (even though I get a MAC discount!). The texture, consistency and pure smoothness of every product is unrivalled. I checked out the Sunrise eyeshadow (rec by Katjamo) and the Oh So Fresh blush, gorgeous! But I couldn't justify another orange shadow or blush
ssad.gif

The High Tech Lighters I wasn't sure about at first, but I adore them now. I got Earth, which is a berry shade (purple-y)....it is fabulously creamy, much more so than MAC CCB's which I have 3 of but find a pain to use
ssad.gif
Beautiful on the lips, cheeks (I plan to layer under On A Mission bpb and the likes in colour...) and anywhere else. Just the most beautiful texture to work with.
As a compromise for not getting the orange blush I bought a peach shimmer toned hightech lighter, which I will use to layer under peach blushes to bring out the colour.

I ♥ the stuff.

Poupette

MUS has some nice looking things, but I won't use anything from there since they have triclosan in their eyeshadows.

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDivine
Urgh, you girls are in trouble
ssad.gif
Serious.

I went to Westfield today on other business, and walked straight past the shop because I know I am on restriction at the moment.

So, I went to my appointment, which I was told would be delayed, so told me to come back in 15 mins. I circled the centre once in that time (daily exercise!) and still had time to kill. So I thought it wouldn't hurt just to look inside the Make Up Store. WELL...I was wrong!

Little while later, 2 eyeshadows, 2 High Tech lighters....loads more guilt, 0 buyers remorse because they are actually just beautiful products!
The eyedusts were also incredibly amazing in their texture, but I had to stop at some point. Absolutely worth every penny, totally puts MAC in the shade (even though I get a MAC discount!). The texture, consistency and pure smoothness of every product is unrivalled. I checked out the Sunrise eyeshadow (rec by Katjamo) and the Oh So Fresh blush, gorgeous! But I couldn't justify another orange shadow or blush
ssad.gif

The High Tech Lighters I wasn't sure about at first, but I adore them now. I got Earth, which is a berry shade (purple-y)....it is fabulously creamy, much more so than MAC CCB's which I have 3 of but find a pain to use
ssad.gif
Beautiful on the lips, cheeks (I plan to layer under On A Mission bpb and the likes in colour...) and anywhere else. Just the most beautiful texture to work with.
As a compromise for not getting the orange blush I bought a peach shimmer toned hightech lighter, which I will use to layer under peach blushes to bring out the colour.

I ♥ the stuff.

Glad you liked it
th_DANCE.gif

jenizzle

This is available in Dublin (in Arnotts) and I've been in there a few times. I met an old friend who was working in there and she gave me some samples. The eyeshadow (breath) is a colour I'd never actually buy but it gave me a good idea of texture etc. I do very much like them but they don't have any particularly standout items for me yet. Pricewise they are a little expensive here too (I think it was either €14 or €17 for an eyeshadow, typical)

Very interested to see they have a store in Westfield though - I'll certainly visit when I'm in London in a few weeks
th_DANCE.gif

JustDivine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenizzle
This is available in Dublin (in Arnotts) and I've been in there a few times. I met an old friend who was working in there and she gave me some samples. The eyeshadow (breath) is a colour I'd never actually buy but it gave me a good idea of texture etc. I do very much like them but they don't have any particularly standout items for me yet. Pricewise they are a little expensive here too (I think it was either €14 or €17 for an eyeshadow, typical)

Very interested to see they have a store in Westfield though - I'll certainly visit when I'm in London in a few weeks
th_DANCE.gif

To be honest, even though Ireland tends to bear a ridiculous markup from the sterling price, I think that €14 or €17 for the eyshadows is reasonable, given that they cost £11. I know that given the weakness of the £ to the euro it seems a lot, but: 1) the UK price is not the determinative price across Europe, given that the brand actually is Swedish, and there is no reason/requirement for the Irish price to be pegged to the UK price; 2) You could say that about any product sold in America and in Europe...everything there is cheaper! So we do get charged more here! and 3) That's because those are prices deemed to be "what the market can handle", and they are relative to the national economic conditions.

LatteQueen

should've kept on scrolling down more..so this is the mega makeup magazine's products/store...thanks..so u can purchase their back issues? great I only have one and want to get the rest..the artistry of these products in that magazine are just gorgeous and love how they play out mini pictorial stories to display their products..

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHen
I bought an edition of their magazine once on a stall and i saved it for makeup look inspirations, it was a good read and i enjoyed the pictures( i sound like a toddler lol).

I just bought a copy of their magazine too... I'd never heard of makeup store before but I thought it would be good for inspirations. I love their vibrant e/s and pigment colors!

Shipping to the US is probably a lot..?

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatteQueen
should've kept on scrolling down more..so this is the mega makeup magazine's products/store...thanks..so u can purchase their back issues? great I only have one and want to get the rest..the artistry of these products in that magazine are just gorgeous and love how they play out mini pictorial stories to display their products..

You can download them for free from their website.

Latest posts