Mascara: Water proof or not?

Corien

Do you normally wear waterproof mascara or not? And why?

I use waterproof mascara, because it rains here a lot, and if my mascara isn't waterproof, it isn't on my lashes anymore, but somewhere near my chin. I only don't like the fact that's it's so damn hard to take off!

mbee

I don't ever wear water proof mascara, because to me.. it makes my lashes look unnatural and waxy. Sometimes it even seems smudgy-er to me... maybe its just me.

macslut

I don't wear waterproof because I practically take off my eyelashes off as I am trying to get the mascara off. Being eyelashless is not a good look.

prinzessin784

I never use waterproof basically because it ruins my lashes. When I take it off (or try to anyway) it just smears around and makes a huge mess which gets in my eyes and in the morning I have nasty black, waxy eye boogers. It's just not pleasant lol. I don't have a problem with smudging either so I am fine with the regular stuff!

macslut

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
I never use waterproof basically because it ruins my lashes. When I take it off (or try to anyway) it just smears around and makes a huge mess which gets in my eyes and in the morning I have nasty black, waxy eye boogers. It's just not pleasant lol. I don't have a problem with smudging either so I am fine with the regular stuff!

I am not the only one hwho wakes up with nasty black eye boogies. I feel less weird.
lmao.gif

~LadyLocks~

I'm a non waterprof mascara wearing chick. I guess because I always found that when I try a waterproof one, it takes way more effort to get it off rather then the non one. For me, I just don't see the need to wear waterproof mascara because the one I use works like a charm at all times, even in my crying moments lol.

kchan99

I use waterproof mascara on rainy days and when I have watery eyes from my allergies. I know some contact lens wearers who use waterproof mascara to prevent mascara running when they use rewetting drops. I wear contacts, but I can put in eye drops without getting lashes wet.

aeni

I switch. When I can't get all the WP off, I just wash my face normally with cleanser. I don't care about eye boogies in the morning since I'm washing my face again and am happy my eyes have naturally pushed out the mascara anyways.

A few girls I have worked on always use WP and they have VERY sparse lashes. They say they've always had their lashes that way - so I'm not too sure if the lash lack is due to them getting the WP off or not.

Beauty Mark

WP dries out my eyelashes way too much, so when I do mascara, it's not WP normally.

If I decide I need, I use generic Vaseline to take it off. Oily products will remove WP mascara well.

Dreamergirl3

I ALWAYS always always use waterproof mascara. My eyelashes are VERY stick straight, and will curl, but as soon as I put mascara on them, they wil droop back to being straight. With regular mascaras (and I've tried a LOT), they'll look nice and curled and stuff for about 10 minutes, and by the time I'm out the door, are limp and stick straight again.

Waterproof mascaras are the only kind that keep my lashes curled and pretty. I use Maybelline Full N Soft waterproof. When I put it on after I curl my lashes, they stay put. Natural looking, and my curl never quits. It IS a pain in the a$$ to take it off, but to avoid that I just use olive oil. Cheap, doesnt ruin my lashes and is a gentle way to get it off. I use a lash conditioner at night rarely, my lashes are hardly ever dry because of my mascara. The only time my lashes fall out or come out is when I sleep with it on, or try to rub it off with regular cleanser.

stevoulina

I usually wear a non-waterproof mascara and on top of that a waterproof one! But I'm in a hurry, I'll definitely wear WATERPROOF mascara!
smiles.gif

pixichik77

I'm using a smudge-proof, water proof right now, but usually waterproofs smudge like CRAZY on me. It's insane. In fact, MOST mascaras smudge on me, so I've tried almost all of them out there to find one that won't. No luck yet...

Jeannine8

I use to try and never wear waterproof mascara, but for whatever reason I started using it, and now I can't go without it! I try and use regular mascara because I don't want to totally mess up my lashes, but waterproof just works so much better on my lashes for some reason. It holds the curl better and longer.

~Valerie~

I use regular because my eyes are very sensitive as it is, and I don't want to spend extra time aggravating them trying to get the mascara off at night.