Massive Dazzleglass Rant

abbey_08

sorry if this has been posted before but im SO annoyed.
angry.gif
iv bought dazzleglasses before but i took my baby sparks out for the 1st time last night and reapplied a few times...a hell of a lot of it has gone already, like over a quarter of the tube!!!!!!!!! its ridiculas how little product they put in these espec considering they decieve you into thinking theres loads cos the tube is long and they cost more. i love them but i swear im not buying another one because they are such a waste of money!!! i cant see the tube lasting longer than 3 more nights out...which is so irritating!!! is there any other lipglosses out there that achieve the same look without being ripped off by the size and price?!

jaclynashley

Try mixing maybe clear lipgloss with a MAC glitter you like?
smiles.gif

Or maybe a lustreglass since they have nice colors and aren't sticky like some people find the lipglasses to be.

susu

this is why i never bought one of the dazzleglasses, even if they're damn pretty. i think they contain only 1,8 grams - a normal lipglass has 4,8...

LMD84

oh yes i know what you mean, i have date night and ms fizz and try and use them sparingly and i find that i use less if i put on a tendertone or lipsmacker first

CellyCell

I agree that one of my dazzleglasses is half-way gone and I rarely use the sucker. I think it has to do with it's thickness.

My friend bought a drugstore lipgloss called "Diamonds" I don't remember the brand but it looked a hell of a lot like dazzleglass when applied to the lip. It could be Sally Hansen?

YSL has some nice ones too with actual gold in it... gorgeous stuff!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksis210
Sephora has a VERY similar lipgloss to MAC's Dazzleglass...and with the friend's and family sale you can get 20% off as well!
smiles.gif

here's the link:
Sephora: Sephora Brand Ultra-Shine Lip Gloss: Lip Gloss

I actually tried these and I have to say I was underwhelmed. The quality is nowhere near as good as the Dazzleglass. They don't have the same amount of sparkle and the glitter is not as multi-dimensional.

I wrote about it below with a few swatches too:

http://specktra.net/f165/dazzleglass...ml#post1243925

f!erce

Milani makes a product called Glossy Tubes that I just tried this weekend and it reminds me of Miss Dynamite. Lots of shine but not sticky, feels almost like lotion for your lips since it makes them so soft and tons of glitter.
thmbup.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Yeah, I've used mine alot and there's still alot in them. But maybe it's because I layer it over lipsticks so I don't use as much? I have, however, noticed that we've gone through several tubes of each tester already at work.

sambibabe

LOL.. what a good thread! I have all five Dazzleglasses and use Sugarimmed the most. Yesterday I noticed about 1/6 of the tube is gone (only a week old).. I just thought that it must have been lying flat for awhile and the lipgloss is stuck on the sides! Grrr.. Now I will make sure I use other colors evenly, so I don't just deplete Sugarimmed.

Heiaken

I think it's just complitely wrong how dazzleglasses have so much less product and cost so much more than normal l/g. I only have sugarrimmed and I doubt if I will buy anymore allthough they are super pretty but damn they are pricey!

Cocopuff

Thanks ladies for the information. I have 7 dazzleglasses. I use mine over lipsticks and have not really seen much gone. I will use them sparingly. I am not in the mood for buying backups when I think that MAC knows how much of a hot seller they are and hopefully will make them permanant OR have a collection out every year.
mac_dazzleglass.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

My trainers told me that the Dazzleglasses cost so much more because they use Reflects Glitters for the 'dazzle' effect. I'm not sure if the higher pricetag is worth it though. :/

AdlersMommy22

no joke... i almost had a flipping heart attack the other day because i was putting on baby sparks at work and my friend reached her hand out to use it too... it was like one of those movie scences where its all slo-mo and im looking at her like "wow i really dont want to let you use this.." then i very reluctantly hand over my dazzleglass in super slow motion and shed a tear at the same time because im well aware that theres a god chance she's gooping the product on with about 3-4 applications and my tube's going to be 1/2 empty when i get it back...........

blindpassion

ahh yes, the age old dazzleglass rant, I went on one of these for weeks back when dazzleglass first came out.

But in all honesty, its now, so many months since the first launch and I haven't even gone through a whole dazzleglass yet.

abbey_08

iv very nearly used up all my spanking rich. i seriously think macs having a laugh with the silly amount of product you get!! everyone always says how nice they look on though...adlersmommy ur alot nicer than i would of been!! lol

CantAffordMAC

Grrrrrr. This pisses me off too. And I know everyone can say "Well then dont buy them" but everyone loves dazzleglass and I just dont think its fair either.

I have used my Baby Sparks 2-3 times, and there is already a noticeable amount gone. I ALWAYS layer over lipsticks, and I still see a lot of space in my tube. especially Sugarrimmed, which I use the most, and STILL only use a handful of times out of the month, I probably have a third of the tube left.

I actually might boycott dazzleglasses until I get my Pro discount. Because this is ridonkulous.

abbey_08

yeh i know what u mean...they know they have a great product so take advantage with higher costs and smaller packaging. i wish they did a holiday set with 5 mini dazzleglasses...but what would be the point cos you would only get 2 uses out a mini version haha

User49

I noticed this on our mac counter. Obviously our testers get used every day by the general public but we all were a bit surprised by how fast they went down and we had to change them over! I agree, stick to lustreglass! ;o)

Latest posts