matte shadows

mac_addict_erin

hey everyone!
wavey.gif

this is my first post, but i have been reading for a while now...

anyways i've decided that i want to try matte shadows and i am looking for suggestions on a matte smokey brown look. i've done searches but haven't found any fotd's so i'm hoping someone has a useful link, or suggestions for colors!

thanks in advance!

oh and for reference i'm NW20

Fairybelle

I had a MAC makeover a couple of weeks ago, however I didn't take any pics...BUT I purchased everything that was used for my smokey eye makeover:

Blanc Type (highlighter)
Brown Script (lid)
Handwritten (crease)
Signed Sealed (liner, outer 'v')

All colors are warm browns, with the exception of Blanc Type which is a cream shade.

Eyes were lined using Feline kohl pencil (including waterline)

Lashes based with Prep+Prime Lash, followed by Plushlash in black

The effect of it all is AWESOME!! So ready for fall!!

Hope this helps...

BTW, I have black hair, brown eyes. My skintone fluxes between NC 25 and NC 30...

GreekChick

Handwritten and Signed Sealed (more of a dark plummy brown) are amazing for creating that brown matte smoky eye! I've used them in almost all of my makeup applications ever since they came out.

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_addict_erin
hey everyone!
wavey.gif

this is my first post, but i have been reading for a while now...

anyways i've decided that i want to try matte shadows and i am looking for suggestions on a matte smokey brown look. i've done searches but haven't found any fotd's so i'm hoping someone has a useful link, or suggestions for colors!

thanks in advance!

oh and for reference i'm NW20

I'll check my palettes tomorrow for my whole list of browns.

Just stay away from Omega. It's ashy and is only meant for eyebrows.

NadineSz

Hi

if you have got problems to apply it even
ssad.gif
, try to mix it a little bit with the mineralized powder "light" The colour stays the same.

Hope this helps
Nadine

Miss_M

I would like to recommend Quarry, a soft muted plum brown which works great if you want a soft smokey eye look
smiles.gif

As a base you can use Malt (a matte pinkish beige) or Kid (a matte cashmere beige).

Latest posts