Michael Jackson's Thriller

MACa6325xi

You know it's Halloween and every year my daughters and I have this disagreement about Michael Jackson's Thriller video. I think it's one of the best videos of all time. They think he's a freak and he's no longer relevant in today's music. I keep telling they're wrong. What do you think?

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Classic song & video, IMO.

agreed.

Id totally learn the Thriller dance if i had the chance!

MAC_Whore

Spot on, Lara.

BTW, Phillipino prison looks pretty fun, eh? Yeeeaaaah, next time, pick a "female" lead without a receding hairline!
lol.gif

Indigowaters

I think you're right, buuuuut this generation knows nothing about Michael like we do. I remember having the Michael t-shirts, posters and microphone. With so many dances out now, they aren't phased like we were when the Moonwalk came out. I thought about him and alot of performers we liked. Now we're the ones saying, "In my day, Michael could spin, kick and dance with the best of them"....
rofl.gif

Man, I feel old. :s

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
I think you're right, buuuuut this generation knows nothing about Michael like we do. I remember having the Michael t-shirts, posters and microphone. With so many dances out now, they aren't phased like we were when the Moonwalk came out. I thought about him and alot of performers we liked. Now we're the ones saying, "In my day, Michael could spin, kick and dance with the best of them"....
rofl.gif

Man, I feel old. :s

They may learn to appreciate when they get older. In school I'm getting to see more music videos now than I ever knew about beyond I LOVE THE 80s. Who knew Duran Duran had cool makeup videos?

SparklingWaves

He didn't look like a freak then. I really wish he didn't get addicted to plastic surgery. Yes, I think it's a classic video.

wolfsong

Haha! Oh that video pawns all else! Does anyone else think that they look like penguins at the start - the way the migrate? And the 'womans' mock terror! Oh my...

Someone should start Thrillarobics classes...

I remember when Michael was hot. It was the time before he decided having a face like a bleached white skull was a good look. I was a huge fan of his as a young'un - that makes me feel old... Its a shame that kids/teenagers dont have many of these true Popstar type people, like there used to be. Now its all reality 'stars' and flavour-of-the-months and 'gangsters/hoes/pimps/justin timberlake types'... Hopefully this will pass, and talents like that of Robert Smith, Michael Jackson, Adam Ant etc will rise again. We need more GLITTER, more DANCE MOVES!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
You know it's Halloween and every year my daughters and I have this disagreement about Michael Jackson's Thriller video. I think it's one of the best videos of all time. They think he's a freak and he's no longer relevant in today's music. I keep telling they're wrong. What do you think?

I think both opinions are right! Thriller - awesome video and music. Wacko Jacko today - a freak!

Esperanza

He's a pretty scary man today, no doubt about it.... But he's always been the King of Pop and "Thriller" is definitely one of his best song and video (and the makeup, awesome... this is the great makeup artist Rick Baker who has done them). And just play "Thriller" in a party and everybody will go and try the dance, it works ALL THE TIME!!

spectrolite

Michael Jackson will *always* be a star even if he is a crazy freak these days. He has given the world so many classic hits! Thriller is a great song and the video rocks! The zombie shuffle dance always brings a smile to my face lol...

Latest posts