• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

minimizing discoloration tutorial

faifai

This is why I haven't been posting FOTDs lately...I burned my face very badly with hot wax and it left some pretty nasty looking scars, so I couldn't wear makeup. It's mostly healed up now and the scar tissue/flaky skin has mostly flaked away, leaving dark discoloration all over my left cheek and on the upper part of my right cheekbone.

So, this is how I've been getting around it recently, now that I can wear makeup again. My goal was to detract attention from the cheeks by having big, bright eyes and lightly glossy lips.

I did use a very sheer foundation, as I don't want to suffocate the scars/healing area too much, and I think some scars add character (even if it is "um, yeah, I'm stupid and did this to myself via facial waxing").

I'm sure you could get more coverage if you used a slightly heavier foundation, or if you chose to use a concealer first. It might be difficult to find one that'll blend in with the black-brown color of the scarring, though. Even the one I used, which is a perfect match for me normally, looks slightly ashy over the darkness of the scars.

Face:
MAC Select Tint foundation in NC45
Sonia Kashuk foundation brush
Sally Hansen Cornsilk "No Color Matte" face powder

Eyes:
Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof black liquid eyeliner
Prestige waterproof pencil eyeliner
Wet 'n' Wild kohl/eyeliner/brow pencil in Mink Brown
Maybelline Volum Express Turbo waterproof mascara
Wet 'n' Wild Mega Eyes creme eyeshadow in Cafe au Lait (highlight)

Lips:
Davie's Gate Pink Grapefruit lipgloss

tuto.jpg

This is how my left cheek looks with no makeup.

tuto3.jpg

Close up. You can see the skin is mostly smooth now, but still dark.

tuto2.jpg

Right cheek.

tuto4.jpg

So we start! Foundation on the hand.

tuto5.jpg

Apply in a "patting" motion instead of brushing.

tuto6.jpg

This is halfway done.

tuto8.jpg

Mostly covered now.

tuto9.jpg
tuto10.jpg

Apply slightly winged black liquid eyeliner.

tuto11.jpg

Curl lashes and apply oodles of mascara (yes, OODLES!
greengrin.gif
)
Also line waterline, and add highlight in inner corner/browbone.

tuto12.jpg

Draw in brows.

tuto16.jpg

Apply lipgloss, and lightly powder face. You're done!

tuto14.jpg

There.​

knoxydoll

wow you're stunning. I love the simplicity of this, I hope the scaring fades away, but you've done a good job of coping with it.

Tawanalee

Your scar will fade in time. I had a horrible curling iron burn in my face a few years ago (before I went natural) & you can't even tell anything happened....But back to you ...You are gorgeous & did a great job of concealing.

saniyairshad

U look amazing...scars or no scars hon thank u for the wonderful tut. I told u some ways to make the skin heal faster in ur comments on ur picture under FOTDs i hope that makes sense...
smiles.gif
ur gorgeous
th_hug.gif

metalkitty

Sorry about the burnage, looks like it's healing well, just don't forget the SPF! You still look great with or without scars though.

alaylam

you have such FABULOUS lashes! I'm getting lash envy.
and that lip colour is really pretty with your skin tone.

breathless

you did an amazing job!
sorry about your scars though. i'm sure that hurt! but, you're very beautiful =]

makeupgal

Can I just tell you that you are beautiful even with no makeup and Boo Boo's. Try putting some Clinique Rapid Recovery Cream on it. When I had my Blepharoplasty (eye job) I put it on my incisions and now you can't even see them. I also use this stuff right after waxing my upper lip and the red is gone within 30 to 40 seconds. Ask them for a sample at the Clinique counter. You probably won't even use it all up by the time you're healed and it soaks right in so I won't be greasy and yucky.

dreaeluna

poor thing, burns are terrible. Please use SPF religiously, sun will increase the darkness of scaring. i had a c-section and went fake-n-bakin' right after and my scar when crazy dark on me. Clinique does work great, I used after my nose job!

MissLorsie

awww i feel for ya hun - why dont you try threading your face instead of waxing - less chance of mistakes happening?? just a thought...

user79

Damn, how did you manage to get burned that badly? Did you not realize it was hot?
ssad.gif

Hope it heals up soon!!!

Beautiful1

I Pray That You Heal So Quickly That It Will All Just Be A Faint Memory
friends.gif
Your Make~up Is Absolutely Stunning!
pretty.gif

Latest posts