Miscarriages potentially illegal in Utah

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
why is this ridiculous? It says only miscarriages that were "intented" and "knowing". Of course it should be illegal to TRY to kill your baby.

i agree with you in a sense but the thing is a lot of people, me included, think it is a very scary controlling law that will be interputated in the wrong way.. as in accidently miscarriages will look suspicious since the cause of them are nearly impossible to find out.

kimmy

so if i lived in utah and i miscarried because my body is too small to support a growing fetus can they throw me in jail for not eating enough? i mean...i do not get this at all. i wonder how they will prove the intention.

i don't know why lawmakers can't just leave women alone about what they're doing with their bodies/fetuses.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
why is this ridiculous? It says only miscarriages that were "intented" and "knowing". Of course it should be illegal to TRY to kill your baby.

How could you ask that?
icon_eek.gif

This law, if passed, could put anyone who miscarries naturally in jeopardy of being sent to prison/jail.

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
How could you ask that?
icon_eek.gif

This law, if passed, could put anyone who miscarries naturally in jeopardy of being sent to prison/jail.

i can understand that, i didn't think of that

greengoesmoo

since this thread appeared I have been doing some reading into this subject and I must admit, it all makes me very very sad.

I appreciate that not everybody believes abortion is a good thing to do, but I am sure as women (And men) you all appreciate the right to control your own body.

In missisppi, there is ONE read it 1 singluar clinic at which a woman can get an abortion and they will ONLY perform one up till 16 weeks.
America land of the free my anus. If a woman has to leave state in order to obtain what is legally acceptable however not provided, something is obviously wrong with the people in charge.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but abortion is STILL illegal in:

Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Venezuela (Ie ALL of south america. ) Afghanistan, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Sudan, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen (Almost all middle east) Bangladesh, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sri Lanka (and a good chunk of asia. ) Malta and Ireland (Northern)

Frankly this fucking sickens me. The number of rape victims, unhappy wives, single mums, teenagers, people who simply can't afford kids or don't want kids who are STUCK with a child makes me very glad to live in a country where although frowned upon I can get an abortion if I need one.

Also, any other girls in the UK seen the standard Family planning "Thinking of an abortion" leaflets?

"At 8 weeks the BABY"
"at 14 weeks your baby"
"The latest a pregnancy can be terminated is 28 weeks, at this stage YOUR BABY"

Forgive me for this ladies who do believe by this stage an unborn is a person however, scientifically it is called a fetus, NOT A BABY! The leaflets provided to support women who need an abortion use words of attachment.

Latest posts