Most faked eye shadow colours?

julie150463

Hi ladies

I've spent days and I mean days reading this section of the Spektra forum - it's mind blowing!

What do you think are the most faked colours in the ES? I've become a nervous wreck and am continually checking, scrutinising and even demolishing some of my eyeshadows trying to make sure they are A ok!

Advices appreciated - as always

Cheers
Julie

panda0410

there is a lot of info here! and its with thanks to our members who spend time tracking down and scrutinizing items so that information can be shared with others. ebay has been a great source of purchase for a lot of us, and sometimes still is, I know that I was personally directed here by an ebay seller when I first started buying pigments and admit that I bought a few fakes as well!!

re the e/s - swimming is one of the most popular colours - but really its not always about the individual colours, sometimes groups of colours appear like with uk seller designercosmetics2007 and au seller divalaglam - they both had lists and lists of e/s that were all fake - but the commonality was that both sellers had GROUPS of identical colours for sale and all of them were fake.

julie150463

Thanks

I will check those sellers out.

I'm slowly going mad keep thinking about all this - so glad the ladies on these forums know their stuff
yes.gif

drebaby

i got swimming from beauty in the bayou seller on ebay, she was superfast but what concernedme was that the product code was B26..i had never seen them start with a B, she said it was auth..but i dunno.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebaby
i got swimming from beauty in the bayou seller on ebay, she was superfast but what concernedme was that the product code was B26..i had never seen them start with a B, she said it was auth..but i dunno.

The first letter is the run - a means it was first run, B means it was second run.

drebaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
The first letter is the run - a means it was first run, B means it was second run.

thanks for letting me know..what does second run mean?

rockin

'tis a typo, surely? lol

Obvious fakes, though, as you say. Although someone who is new to MAC wouldn't realise the glaring signs

browneyedbaby

^ Hope you've reported these! I just did, although I've reported a few things recently and Ebay hasn't done anything.

stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
^ Hope you've reported these! I just did, although I've reported a few things recently and Ebay hasn't done anything.

Yes, I tried to a couple of days ago, but they're still there... I reported some other fake shadows by another seller, those with numbers instead of names and with mirrors and applicators, and they seem to have gone!
thmbup.gif

Maybe it needs several people to report them before eBay believe it and act on it?

Latest posts