Most Over rated MAC Shadow?

laa_cat

My vote goes to...

Shroom- I am never impressed by this eyeshadow. It looks nothing spectacular. Don't be mistaken, I do wear nude colors.

Satin Taupe- I can't get this work on me as a simple overall wash neither is it dark enough as a liner. The mauvey taupey color makes me look really tired. Love ME 945 so much more.

Paradisco- Cannot get the color show up. bleh~

annaleigh

There are a few shadows that people raved about, but didn't work for me. I wouldn't categorize them as overrated, though, since they work well for many. I'd have to agree with the votes for Parrot. It's lovely - but so are hundreds of other e/s shades.

absolut_blonde

-Paradisco: Terrible colour on me.
-Trax: hard to blend, goes on unevenly, shows up a weird purple shade and the gold shimmer isn't visible at all. Basically just looks like a bruise on me.
-Pink Freeze: Frosty whitish blah! I hate Pink Freeze and MAC insists on putting it in lots of palettes. At best, it's a slightly blueish toned uberfrost on me. Ick.

leppy

Parrot - passed over it easily when it was out, pretty but not the miracle colour it seems to be

Trax - blends terribly, shimmer goes everywhere and looks like a punch in the eye

Moth Brown - this was the colour of dirty pavement on me.

Cranberry - the colour of irritated skin & totally prone to turning fuschia..

Hepcat - its like the nightmare colour that all red lipsticks turn on me. Hideous.. can't even stand the colour of it in the pan.

I love shroom. I think those that are getting smacked for colour is all a little too subjective to really say.. I'm sure all the colours I listed above are favs for some people just not great with my colouring. Not that people shouldn't bash them to their hearts content lol I certainly did.. but I just mean no one get upset if your favs are bashed!! MU really changes on different people..

litlaur

Chrome Yellow - I'm a big fan of brights, but yellow just doesn't work with my skintone.

Trax, on the other hand, I absolutely love. I could see how it might look bad or weird on others, though.

bluegrassbabe

I'm voting for parrot, too. It is a pretty color, but not worth all the hype at all. There are a ton of blue-greens out there, and parrot is just not that unique. I have issues with it fading into and kind of mudding up the other colors when it's blended, but maybe thats just me.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
Parrot. it's gorgeous and i love it to death, but there's just too much hype about it.

ditto.. shroom too.. blegh..

BEAUTY MARKED! I found it messy, not especially shimmery, and not at all true to the color in the pan. Then it shattered on me half way through. I think Satin Taupe and Black Tied are overrated, without being bad; they just didn't do it for me. Idol Eyes was a complete disappointment.

faithhopelove24

Quote:
Originally Posted by more_please
Hmm, I would say many of the Lustre formula shadows. I tend to get too much sparkle, and not enough color. Example: mythology

ditto... I agree totally!!

doloreshaze

Satin Taupe - This is just too light to look good as a crease colour or an overall wash on me. It also makes me look tired. So now I use it as a lid colour with a darker brown in the crease, and it works well enough for that purpose, but I wish I hadn't paid $13 for it!

JessRocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bront82
I have to agree, parrot is a beaut, but has too much hype to ever live up to its fame. sadly, i wish mac would seriously produce more matte colors - sometimes all this sparkle motion is just way too much. in the market today, it seems nearly impossible to get non-shiny products (nails, eyes, face, you name it)!

I totally agree with you....i like matte colors but I think they should have more.....

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by more_please
Hmm, I would say many of the Lustre formula shadows. I tend to get too much sparkle, and not enough color. Example: mythology

Mythology used dry doesn't leave much colour but if you apply a layer of it wet first as a base it's amazing.

baby_yousei

Paradisco for sure, no pigmentation, bad blendability, and when I did get the color to show up, it wasn't all that exciting either =P