MUFE/MAC Foundation Shade Conversion

makeupmakesme

For me, NC30 works for my MUFE 130 skin color. I would say that NC30 oxidizes on my face more than 130 does, but I can definitely get away with it. If i’m not tan, 128 is acceptable. However, I do have a much more yellow undertone than a pink one, so 130 looks much better.

lenchen

I think it might be a bit confusing as several colors match the same MAC colors, but please bear in mind that the HD foundation is much more forgiving in color matching than other foundations.
I know I'm probably late on this, but this is great! very accurate. For me, I'm in between NC45 and NC50 #177 HD matches me perfectly.
In the other foundations that I use from MUFE with F&B being my favourite I wear #12. Mat Velvet+ my least favourite I'm #70.

MrsBombshell

I'm usually MAC NW35, and that's sometimes turns orange on me. I'm definitely neutral, leaning more toward pink undertones. What do you think I would be in MUFE HD Foundation?

Shadowy Lady

I am so very confused as to which shade I probably am now. I've been matched to both NC 20 and NW 20, neither works perfectly with my skin unfortunately. Recently, I started wearing NARS sheer glow in Deauville and it is a very good match so I'm thinking I have neutral undertones. And that's why neither NC nor NW works for me. I really want to try the HD line from MUFE too but I'm just so scared that I won't find a good match.

It seems that 118 would be the color to go for because it has neutral undertones.. But I read through the whole thread and it seems that 118 would be too dark for me?? Shadowy Lady pointed out that 118 is a perfect match for her but she wear NW25 which is way dark on me. I'm closer to a NC 20 in the summer and NW 15 in the winter though it is too pink. Help please! I don't have a Sephora near me (I live in Japan) so I'm trying to figure out what shade to order online.
blink.gif
I can still wear 118 now at my palest which is about NW20 in MAC. NW25 is too dark on me right now in winter/spring transition. 118 will work on you for spring/summer but you'll need a lighter shade for winter. So you'll have to invest in two shades, one for summer and one for winter.

If you want a foundation that would work with ur natural tone AND tanned summer skin MUFE HD isn't it. You'll need something very light like MUFE F&B...

Kat K

I can still wear 118 now at my palest which is about NW20 in MAC. NW25 is too dark on me right now in winter/spring transition. 118 will work on you for spring/summer but you'll need a lighter shade for winter. So you'll have to invest in two shades, one for summer and one for winter.
If you want a foundation that would work with ur natural tone AND tanned summer skin MUFE HD isn't it. You'll need something very light like MUFE F&B...
Thanks! I usually need 2 shades for any foundations I wear anyway. So I think I'll be investing in 2 different shades. NW20 is definitely dark for me now (I'm closer to NW15 now) so I'll probably grab a lighter shade first. I was looking into MUFE F&B too because I needed a foundation that photographs well. In your opinion, is MUFE HD better than MUFE F&B in this respect?

Shadowy Lady

HD definitely photographs better than F&B. I do prefer F&B in the summer though as its much lighter and doesn't require as much prepping as HD. I find for HD I need a primer and powder for perfect finish but with F&B I just apply with my fingers and go. So I use HD in fall/winter and F&B in the summer mainly.

HTH :)

Kat K

HD definitely photographs better than F&B. I do prefer F&B in the summer though as its much lighter and doesn't require as much prepping as HD. I find for HD I need a primer and powder for perfect finish but with F&B I just apply with my fingers and go. So I use HD in fall/winter and F&B in the summer mainly.

HTH :)
Thanks! This really helps!

Kat K

I finally ordered the HD foundation after doing a lot of research online about finding the right shade. I've never found my perfect match in MAC (studio fix) because they either run too yellow or too pink. I've tried several matchings and was lastly matched to NW20.. not a good match AT ALL.

I got it in 3 shades, 115, 117, and 118. 118 was way too dark (a good 1 or 2 shades dark) and 115 was very pink. So I'm swapping those away.

I've come to realize that 117 is the best match for my skin. I went back to MAC too to get rematched and the MA matched me to NC15. Which is the best match I've gotten from MAC so far. So I guess I'm NC15 instead of NC18ish as I always thought I was. HD in 117 is just a tiny bit too yellow but I can easily remedy it with one of the HD primers so no biggie. So if you're around NC15, then I would say 117 is the best one to go with.

mysteryofme

I'm somewhere between an NC 37 and NC 40 and I first bought MUFE 127, which was too light for me. I went back to Sephora and tried MUFE 153 and in their horrible lighting, 153 was a perfect match BUT when I used it after purchase, it was a bit dark and orange-y. I really like the finish of the MUFE over my Studio Fix (which i never really fell in love with) with my stippling brush and so now I mix 2 parts MUFE 153 and 1 part MUFE 127 and it's as perfect a match as I've ever gotten with a foundation.

I need yellow in my foundation, and I thought MUFE 140 was too beige-y. Both 127 and 153 have the yellow I need, but there needs to be a shade in between!

heenalotus

So for reference, I am:

C4/NC40 for MAC Studio Fix Powder
NC32/35 for MAC Studio Tech (NC32 being a tiny bit light on me)
NC35/37 in Studio Sculpt
and I am Natural Beige in both Maybelline and Neutrogena.

That being said, I never ever trust MUAs any more with color matching. I always get matched as 153/170/173 in MUFE HD and NC40/42/43/C6 in MAC and I look bright orange. Plus the color doesn't match my neck and chest one bit since they are both already significantly lighter than my face as is. I have to do a LOT of research before going out and purchasing foundation colors and look at a lot of foundation matching charts online before making a decision in person.

For MUFE HD, I have tried 123, 125, 127, 128, 140, 153, 155, 170, 173. 170 and 173 are not even close to my color and I think they would be a better match for people who are NC43-45 or even darker. 153 was bright orange and probably a good match for someone NC42/43. 128 and 155 were very similar, I would put 128 at about NC40/42 and 155 at NC42 with a strong beige/neutral undertone. 127 and 140 were nearly identical but 127 was slightly more yellow and pale and 140 was slightly more peachy. 125 really brightens up my face but it still wasn't the perfect match. Then came 123, ah 123! It says it's for light skin with an olive undertone and I think it is an amazing color for anyone who finds 127 too light and 153 too dark, it is the PERFECT in between. I would recommend it for anyone who has yellow, beige or especially olive undertones, strong warm coloring (Indians, Asians, etc), and people who have light to medium complexions. It is the perfect color for anyone who ranges between NC32-NC37. I think some NC40's can get away with it too if they find 153 too dark like I did.

Hope that helps everyone!

anje1013

MAC: I'm in between a NC25/NC30.
MUFE: HD Foundation: 140
Face and Body: #32
Duo Mat Powder: 203
Mat Velvet + 35/40

I am between MAC SFF NC25-30. Do you think MUFE HD 127 or 140 would suit me? I have a very strong yellow undertones, like this yellow prolly because I'm Chinese:
http://cafemakeup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Koh-Gen-Do-Foundation-swatch2-1024x498.jpg

MUFE Face and Body 20 is too light and leans pink on me despite having beige undertones.

I think 120 would be too light based on this swatches:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/Cinci/makeup/Swatches/Foundations-NC20NC30NW25MUFEHD1201.jpg

jenecis

According to a lot of the YouTube ladies I follow who are around NC42 - NC44, say they mix MUFE F&B #34 and #18. I'm an NC42/C6 and have the sam eissue. #34 is really beige and #18 is caramel but a little too deep (maybe for the tanned summer months it would work well on its own). But yeah, definitely try mixing #34 and #18. I find that the F&B line doesn't have a lot of yellow undertone shades either. Anyone else feel the same? OR! Depending on where you live, visit a MUFE Boutique (stand-alone store, not as part of Sephora) and I heard they can mix a custom shade for you :). Closest one on the east coast is at the King of Prussia Mall in PA. Good luck!

PrettyMee

Hey I noticed no one was the color NW35 with the acceptation of one girl. Does anyone know what the color conversion is from NW35 to MUFE HD foundation? I was guessing 130 or 145! Please Help!

MissTT

Hey I noticed no one was the color NW35 with the acceptation of one girl. Does anyone know what the color conversion is from NW35 to MUFE HD foundation? I was guessing 130 or 145! Please Help!
Probably 145, but it's hard for people to say for sure. At least you have it narrowed down to two.

rabideloise

Yes. The shades, while they look the same as the HD foundation, are different. You want to go a bit lighter because after they sit on the skin and oxidize they will darken. I am 117/118/120 and I can wear the 117 powder in the winter (it's a little too light for me in the summer) and 120 in the summer. 118 in Pro Finish is very dark on me because of the undertone. Sometimes you might be the same shade in Pro Finish as you are in HD, but I would get to a Sephora and swatch some shades before deciding.

emzy

Yesterday I was matched to #140, I have MAC Studio Sculpt in NC30 but I think its a bit dark for me…Hoping this 140 works. A while back I was matched to #128 and it was super tan and not the correct shade!

Latest posts