My first face o' minerals. (Def not my best, just a warning!)

aggrolounge

This was my first time using loose pigments! I wanted to test drive some of my new MMU. For this look I used only UDPP as a base. Tomorrow I'll use Painterly.. and then whenever I finally get my Fyrinnae order
crybaby.gif
I'll try using their primer. I want to figure out what's best under these puppies >.>

The color payoff was good, but it was a bit muddy looking and eh... too satiny? Idk my eyelids looked kind of oily with UDPP and these e/s on, which is unusual for me. But it was a humid day, and my face powder was also behaving strangely, so I'll keep playing. Blending is also strange, since you have to go back and forth between colors instead of just literally blending, otherwise they get all crappy. I'm not used to struggling with blending :[[. Anyway, I'm determined to love loose e/s pigments because of the price! Haha.

Enough ramblage!!

I used:
Prescriptives custom blend foundation
UDPP
MAD Minerals "UR Mine" and "Nature Lover"
Pure Luxe "Black Cat"
Palladio e/s in Almondine as highlight
Cheap-o Jordana e/l marker
tong.gif

CG Exact Eyelights
Everyday Minerals "Summer Stroll" blush (I yawn at it!)
Wet 'n Wild l/s in uhh.. "516C"? Lol.

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4203.jpg

fintia

oh man I started using pigments.. and I put bare study under them and what a mistake!! no color payoff.. hard to blend it was a nightmare.. today just to play.. I put NYX pencil and it was better.. I also have to play to see what works best.. but so far I am kind of regreting buying Bare Study.. I also use it under normal eye shadows and had the same problem..

blackeneddove

Yeah your skin def. looks amazing.. I think the eyes turned out good! Pigment/loose e/s just takes time to get used to, you'll find a better way to work with them eventually

aggrolounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontKnowMomo
Liar, that marker does not count as liquid liner!

Haha, well it's still easy to mess up, so you shouldn't have been making me laugh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintia
oh man I started using pigments.. and I put bare study under them and what a mistake!! no color payoff.. hard to blend it was a nightmare.. today just to play.. I put NYX pencil and it was better.. I also have to play to see what works best.. but so far I am kind of regreting buying Bare Study.. I also use it under normal eye shadows and had the same problem..

I'll keep that in mind! I have some Nyx jumbo pencils. I always try matte bases first, though, because I just like them better.. then I resort to shimmery ones :p

madnicole

that was sooo gorgeous - didn't see any blending problems either.
I use the Pure Luxe pigments as well as Mac, and I use both a home made mixing medium (1 part glycerine + 3 parts water/ rosewater), and an amazing product called DuWop Payoff. Both allow the pigment to be used wet so you wet your brush, dip in pigment (or mix on your hand/palette etc...mark out where you want them on your eye, paint it on, allow a minute to dry and then go over it with dry pigment to blend and voila - super intense colour and less fallout. I also love the NYX jumbo crayons as a base, and use them everyday, but still find the 'wet' use heaps tidier...HTH's!

joey444

Looooove the colors and your brows. I love pigments (I buy samples) and I find them to be vibrant and cheap. I always use Painterly paint pot and then a CCB (mostly Luna) to help them stick. I don't have oily lids so this works for me. HTH!

Latest posts