My go at a "retro" look....

mystikgarden

and I use "retro" loosely! I do not like the way it turned out at all.

I think maybe I just don't have that "look" but I love that style so much, any suggestions?

Here's what I used:

Face:
Bare Minerals -Fairly lite
Physicians Formula -Vegas Strip Bronzer
true match concealer -fair/light

Eyes:
N.Y.C -Sparkledust in Champagne
Jane. -Clubbing
Rimmel -fever
Cheap lashes
Max Factor Volume Couture mascara
N.Y.C -Browzer in Brunette

Lips:
N.Y.C l/s -Retro Red (looks terrible on me!)

P1010028-1.jpg
P1010034-1.jpg
P1010035-1.jpg
With artistic flare (lol)​
P1010042-1.jpg
There we have it!​
Thanks for looking and have a lovely day!​
(it's raining here
weeping.gif
)​

mystikgarden

Thanks you guys! This was not one of my favorite looks. My sisters birthday is coming up and she's having me do her makeup (which she never wears) and I was trying some things out...

Thanks again you all are AWESOME!!!

User49

Well I think you have the retro look down.
clap.gif
I think a lot of what makes this look work is having black hair and uber cool peircings/glasses/polka dot clothes! But I think you have pulled it off elegently! I would use something like a blusher or bronzer that is a bit stronger to really lift and emphasize your cheekbones. Also maybe a light colour e/s just in the middle of the eye and above the black liner to really make your eyelids appear to have a wider depth. And get some fake eyelashes! It is a must! Even if you just used corner lashes. Something clumpyer and more volumizing on the lashes! And I would try doing the red lips matt instead of gloss! :ilike:

mystikgarden

Thanks glitter! I will defiantly be taking some of you suggestions the next time I try to go retro. I had some falsies on but they aren't very thick and the matte red sounds so much more appealing!!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I really do appreciate each one!!
smiles.gif

Latest posts