My Hair, aka The curse!

xFlossy

*sigh*

Ok, I have unruly thick, curly and wavy hair, it is also dry and coarse. If I had a dollar for the amount of times I have cried over it and contemplated shaving it off, well, lets just say, I would be a very rich Woman!
tong.gif

It is boofy and running a hairbrush through it makes it go beserk!

Years of torture over it from other Kids in High School has made me really insecure about it. They used to ask me if I brush my hair, or ask other stupid questions. The People who come up to me and say how beautiful it is, get offended when I ask them if they want it. Ugh, they don't have to live with it.

I discovered the Hair Iron back in my early 20's and love it! Problem is, by days end, it is back to it's wavy self up top. So I have wavy roots and straight ends. It also frizzes up to boot! ARGH! because my Hair is so thick, my scalp sweats, which makes my hair go mental! I have tried thinning it out, while it works in Winter, come Summer time (with high temps and humidity) any effort is futile! Hell, I even get hot while I am Ironing my hair!

My question is, what can I do to make my hair ironing efforts last longer? I have a heat defence spray from redken which is fantastic may I add, but is there anything else I can use? Hairspray perhaps?

Thanks in advance, Ladies
smiles.gif

vintageroses

hey hun!
smiles.gif
OH no
ssad.gif
I have unruly hair too! & it's super thick!

I use Frizz Ease (which i feel has been working really well for me!) I use the straightening balm when i blow dry my hair & i blow it straight i usually don't flat iron my hair after, it depends on where i'm going etc. It works really well for my hair!
greengrin.gif
It looks really good! I use frizz ease daily nourishment leave in too! & i feel it does help in taming me hair. They have an extensive range which you can check out, i've never tried the shampoo or conditioner or serum though.

Also straightening by sections would help you to get all the hair! (i think you are probably already doing that
tong.gif
)

HTH you!

xFlossy

Thanks for your reply
smiles.gif

I have used that shampoo before, John Freida right? That gives me baaad dandruff so I just stick to tresseme (sp?). I do have the leave in stuff too which I use, I forgot to add, but as I said, by days end, I have flyaways etc.

lol yup, I do section it off. Takes me about 45 mins to do it lol. As I said, by the end of the day its gone back to crap so I just don't bother anymore and whip it up in a bun and leave it.

vintageroses

Ohhhh!
ssad.gif
I don't have that problem. lol. HMMMM, maybe you hair oil? it might help it to stay still for a longer period of time! haha.

I really feel you, esp since i just purchased my straightener about a year ago, before that i had to just whip my hair in a ponytail.Why can't we just have perfect hair!?
cry.gif

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortnSassy
have you thought about getting your hair relaxed?

This is a good suggestion because eventhough you may be wary of chemically processing your hair, it might help you have to straighten your hair less which means less heat damage over time. My hair is poofy and curly and rambunctious and when I use to straighten it all the time I got my best and quickest results during the time I had my hair relaxed.

xFlossy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortnSassy
have you thought about getting your hair relaxed?

I have, and it's over $400 for my hair and its just past my Shoulders. Lasts 6 weeks apparently and I have to refrain from getting my hair wet for at least 3 days while the chemicals do it's work.

Nah, pass.

Thats the only thing thats available for me. I have seen the stuff in a box, I think it's around $50 but I would be too scared I would stuff it up and have all my hair chucked in the bin. I was talking to a Hairdresser and she said because I dye my hair Blonde, then it's not recommended anyways. Whether or not she was just trying to pan me off to go and get her to do it for me is something I have thought about too.

Hairdryer, I haven't seen it. Australia is so limited to what we can get our hands on and I can't justify spending more on postage from the us or wherever than what the thing cost. Gotta love it here
angry.gif

GLAMORandGORE

if your stylist says it only last six weeks, PLEASE change stylists immediately. relaxers stay in your hair until they grow out, and you have to get your roots done as they grow in. the hairdresser you talked to is right about blonde hair and diy relaxers-it's just not a good idea. doing relaxers isn't the easiest, especially if you're inexperienced. having blonde hair also isn't easy, hah, so you can see that adding the two just isn't that good of an idea. do you blow dry your hair straight with a paddle brush before you flat iron it? that should help the lasting power, and make your job with the flat iron a lot easier as well.

Meisje

Frizz Ease worked really well for me.

I have flat, limp, stick-straight hair, but I got some extensions and they were, although mostly straight, a completely different kind of hair. It frizzed terribly in humid weather, and it was quite a shock, as my own hair gets flat and greasy in humidity. The extension hair frizzed, fluffed and grew like one of those "just add water" dinosaur kid toys in humidity.

Latest posts