My Homemade Lipgloss

MACActress

So I decided to try and make the lipgloss with Cyens' tutorial, except I used vaseline instead of a pre-existing lipgloss. I made 2, although they show up very sheer.

Sorry about the bad pictures, I just couldn't get them to come out right.

HommadeGloss.jpg

The purple one looks a lot more pink irl.

Color2Gloss.jpg

Color1Gloss.jpg

Designergirl9

I have made colors with vaseline to. Mine came out with more color but I put alot of pigment in them.

I love color one!!

MACActress

IRL mine were a bit more pigmented, but not much.

I probably didn't use enough. But now my pigments look like they've been used so I was afraid to use more =P However the one Tony & Tina pig. that I did use a lot of was too strong a blue/purple, hence Color #2 looking kinda bad =P

Ada

I made one using that tutorial the other day, usind Burt's Bees lip balm and Melon pigment mixed with a little bit of Pink Bronze. It came out pretty sheer but it has a nice noticible shimmer. I'm planning on making another one soon that's mostly Pink Bronze and maybe a little bit of Bright Fuschia to make it a bolder color.

MACActress

The purple has some Apricot Pink but most of it is Tony & Tina color dust (I think that's what it's called, not sure) in Plebian (sp?)

sigwing

I have a ton of lipbalm making stuff. You can get some really great bases online, but I'd recommend just going to Hobby Lobby to find some, and whatever you use, get some of the beeswax to add to it. I've used old lipsticks to help add the color and consistency, too. And I like it a little firmer, so I've used the chapstick type tubes. You can find ALL kinds of pigments and flavorings online, too....it's easy to get hooked on making your own!

MACActress

For my like, 10th birthday or something I got a makeup kit from one of my friends. I just found it a few months ago and took out the cheap blushes that were in there. \=) Unfortunately there are only 3, so I have to look into ordering some sample jars or something if I want to do anything else.

asnbrb

I used Carmex to make my colored balms and used old sample containers to put them in (I like to transfer all my samples into matching containers haha).

sigwing

There's also a topic around here about where to get little containers and it should be in this section, back in the older topics. I know I posted several great links to places to order cheap plastic lipbalm containers and jars.

Latest posts