My "I love live Samba music in SF" haul

fash10nista

So, I was taking a lunchtime stroll with an old friend, heading towards the Embarcadero...There was music playing but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from....I turn the corner and what do you know? A samba band playing and people from the sidewalk just dancing!! I love the energy in the city....
smiles.gif

Anyway, I went to go check out the CCO and I could cry...seriously....

More MAC items than any other CCO I've been to!
th_worship.gif

So I got: (for now, lol)

Sweet Sienna and Melon pigments
Comet Blue dazzleglass
Cream O'Spice lipliner
Take a Hint tendertone lip balm

Next week...watch out now...wheeee!!!
th_DANCE.gif

fallenang3l211

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash10nista
So, I was taking a lunchtime stroll with an old friend, heading towards the Embarcadero...There was music playing but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from....I turn the corner and what do you know? A samba band playing and people from the sidewalk just dancing!! I love the energy in the city....
smiles.gif

Anyway, I went to go check out the CCO and I could cry...seriously....

More MAC items than any other CCO I've been to!
th_worship.gif

So I got: (for now, lol)

Sweet Sienna and Melon pigments
Comet Blue dazzleglass
Cream O'Spice lipliner
Take a Hint tendertone lip balm

Next week...watch out now...wheeee!!!
th_DANCE.gif

you were able to get into the cco?!? i thought it was by invite only!! when did you go?

fash10nista

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenang3l211
you were able to get into the cco?!? i thought it was by invite only!! when did you go?

There was an event during lunchtime and there happened to be a CCO table where they were giving out goody bags with samples and an invite card! Anyway, I stopped by and couldn't help getting a few things...

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prx
There's a CCO in SF? Where? I'm so excited!
smiles.gif

Its at the 2 Embarcadero Center Lobby Level. I just walked in there on Wednesday with no invite card and was able to purchase some things. I think this is the only CCO that is invite only and they aren't going to make money like this.

There was no one in there when I went and there was no sign indicating that it was invite only. fash10nista-did you see a sign indicating that the store was invite only? Maybe they should make it for San Francisco residents only with proof of residency so I can shop there all I want.

MrsRjizzle

The invite only thing is obnoxious and doesnt make sense to me.
Dear CCO, You are a buisness selling overstock or discontinued makeup, only an outlet store... Are you seriously picking and chosing your customers?

As said above this cant last long!

BTW- What qualifies people for this invite?

hhunt2

Yay Fash10nista! Good Job. Enjoy your goodies.

Menlon is so pretty and thats great you got your hands on a dazzleglass at a CCO. I've noticed when Vacaville has them, they sell out within a few days. And Gilroy never has them

I think it's so funny how they need to have a table out to advertise their business (it's also a waste of time. lol, they can spend more time stocking shelves for us). Just b/c they chose to be invite only. Or maybe they just chose a wrong location to have a CCO. I don't think there's many business's in that building yet (mainly offices).

fash10nista

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRjizzle
BTW- What qualifies people for this invite?

It's open to Embarcadero Center employees only but if you say you work down the street or a block away, they will let you shop...

fash10nista

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
fash10nista-did you see a sign indicating that the store was invite only?

I did not notice it yesterday but I remember going there previously and it did have the "Invite Only" sign on the door...

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash10nista

I did not notice it yesterday but I remember going there previously and it did have the "Invite Only" sign on the door...

Since someone said its not open on weekends, I will head over there to see if there is a sign that said "Invite Only". What if you lied to them saying you work in Embarcadero Center, do they make you show proof?

fash10nista

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
Since someone said its not open on weekends, I will head over there to see if there is a sign that said "Invite Only". What if you lied to them saying you work in Embarcadero Center, do they make you show proof?

Not sure but it may be a possibility...

angieangel

GREAT HAUL!

That location always has the most variety of MAC goodies! I remember picking up a few treasures from that store such as subtle pigment, lightscapade and porc. pink msfs!, all the mcqueen paint pots (OMG), and some of my favorite le shadows of all time such as cosmic and solar white.

yeah, unfortunately it's still invite only to my knowledge. From what I recall, there's no free-standing signage that says it, but it's painted on the door (which was cracked open last time i went, so it is easily missed.)

This is different from other CCO's because it's actually called "the company store" and is geared for the Embarcadero employees, nearby businesses, or Estee Lauder employees. I think there's only a few of these types of stores in the nation-the only other I've heard of is in NYC. Right upon entrance they request to see an ID or paystub. I am able to get in since I am an ELC employee, and I remember the first time I visited, I was asking them how they are able to make their sales goals due to the fact that there is only a handful of people that are allowed to come in everyday and I remember the lady telling me that they don't have to worry about sales goals.

So what I took away from that conversation is that the purpose is not to drive sales (obviously since it's invite only) but more as a treat to estee lauder employees and EMB. workers, giving them slightly discounted products and sometimes a last shot at favorite discontinued item.

I can understand how frustrating it is due to it's exclusion, but I really do feel bad for the two workers that I always see in there. I can only imagine how many people get upset at them for their business set-up, and how akward it is to turn customers away-ugh! But at the same time, it's not their personal decision to do so, it's the corporate offices and they are only doing their job.

I promise they really are sweet ladies though, so try not to give them the stinkeye if they can't let you in
sneaky.gif

fash10nista

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowyourmind
awesome haul! I want Sweet Sienna & Comet Blue!

I can do a CP for you if they still have it? Just LMK...

Latest posts