my matte blush always looks splotchy!

mariserinb

grrrr....i like to wear matte blush almost every day. i use either nars or milani. i have tried about a million different brushes, and no matter what, it always ends up splotchy--darker in some areas, or looking like i applied it in a weird shape....

never had this problem with more shimmery blushes!

any advice for it to go on more smoothly?

thanks!!!!!

LC

Matte blushes can be tricky! Same with matte shadows, definitely harder to blend than shimmery ones.

A couple tips:

make sure you've set your foundation with a powder before you're putting on your blush. When matte colors touch anything that's even a little bit wet, they will look splotchy. If you already set with powder then try this next tip

take a 109 brush or something similar that is dense like a 109, and just LIGHTLY get your blush on it, then super super lightly sweep it onto your face. Like, to where the brissles are just barely touching your skin. Keep repeating that until you get the desired color of the blush.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

LC

mariserinb

i definitely always set with a powder first. so i will definitely try the second tip. thank you!

jazmatazz

With my matte blushes I have to go really lightly at first and then build up. I also tap my brush gently against my cheek to deposit the color first then buff it out after the blush is where I want it to be.

For super pigmented matte blushes I find putting blush on the brush, then gently swirling it over a paper towel to take off some of the color then applying it help.

RandomnessWithK

i have this same problem! this is a great post! i don't have a 109 - so i'll have to see what i can use from my brushes to try to do this!

i hate splotchy blush on me!

mariserinb

hmm. yeah i definitely always end up buffing out with another brush afterwards. i think it's also a lighting issue.
ssad.gif

DirtyHarriet

I wear mineral makeup and then a skunk-type brush to apply the blush. I then blend with the kabuki I used to apply the minerals. Gives me a non-splotchy application.

elektra513

I get perfect matte blush application when patting it on the cheek rather than just smooshing it around. I use the 116, start applying slowly and building up.

Latest posts