My mom chooses her loser sister over me

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX

There are people out there who have different types of problems going on and maybe aren't thinking clearly but do WANT to get help and get better. Your aunt just doesn't seem to be one of those people. It seems as if she just wants the attention, and everything to be focused and catered to her. I feel that letting her into your own home and maybe even life once your independent would be like allowing poison into your life. You obviously am not having a good situation with her living with you right now and it's probably not going to change later on in the future. Sometimes you have to think of yourself and what's best for yourself above others especially if the relationship between you and the other person is toxic.

But I really do hope that you are able to move out soon and get away from all this mess. It would be a lot healthier and less stressful for you. And don't let your family "guilt" you into feeling bad about this whole thing with you and your aunt. There's a good reason why you feel this way and actually feel glad that you are able to see through your aunt's manipulative behavior and actions and not be willing to go along with them.

Some excellent points!
If your aunt were making a sincere effort to get help and turn things around, it would be an entirely different ball game. However, I don't get the feeling that's the case.
People who don't know any better may tell you, "Well, if you would be really careful to always do and say the right thing, everything would be fine."
Not.
Certainly, you should not abuse your aunt (and it doesn't sound like you do), but any attempt to "make her well" by wearing yourself out trying to always do and say the exact "right thing" will just make you a nervous wreck, and your aunt will still have the same problems she's always had.
She has some *very* hard work to do, to get to the real root of her troubles, if things are ever really going to change.
I really feel for all of you.

X4biddenxLustX

^^ I totally agree. You really don't want to live your life as if you're walking on thin ice constantly in your own home. That's no way to live. You shouldn't have to worry about if saying this or that will upset her or offend her especially if you're not doing anything wrong.

Goat Goat Etc.

Good news, got accepted into the new school and will be searching for a new place.
greengrin.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Goat Etc.
Good news, got accepted into the new school and will be searching for a new place.
greengrin.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!
congrat.gif

I am SO glad that you're not letting your family dysfunction hold you back!
th_DANCE.gif

God has made you a strong person, and you'll gain strength as you live and grow.
Please continue to keep us updated.

X4biddenxLustX

YAY! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad that things will be starting to get better and less stressful for you! And congrats on getting accepted!

Boasorte

THat sounds like my aunt with my mom, except my aunt makes way more than anyone in my immediate family, and STILL lives with my mother.

Your mom is prolly thinking she's family, gotta put up with it-no.

Girrl- get out when you can. ( Sorry if that sounds like really bad advice but I've been in similar positions, and you can only ignore for so long, bb)

Latest posts