My New Babies...

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Well-known member
Our dryer died and it was time to get a new set - they were 10 years old! So I did some homework and we have been looking around at differnt stores and Consumer Report and we did narrow it down to 2 - the HE4T Elite Kenmore ( color -Sedona ) and the LG one @ Home Depot. Well what finally sold me - not just for the fact that the LG's rated a 83 out of a 100 on Consumer Report ( big fan of that site if I may add ) it was the STEAM WASH feature!! WOOT! I don't know if any of you seen that commercial for it.. but its awesome. The only drawback is that I have to wait til the 19th of this month
ssad.gif


Just wanted to share - I will post pics when it gets here..
smiles.gif


 

Bernadette

Well-known member
Oooo. My b/f keeps talking about getting some fancy stackable washer and dryer set even though ours are perfectly fine, that way he can use more of the laundry room for the garage.
I'd rather have some realy nice pots and pans though
rofl.gif
. It's odd how domestic I've become
smiles.gif
 

MAC_Whore

Well-known member
OK...I am going to be a big geek in 3...2....1

Those are so cool! I love LG and am also a big fan of the Consumer Reports website. Well worth the small annual fee. They rate and have info on EVERYTHING. It's a great way to do all of your homework/research on products in one convenient spot. Especially with big purchases.

Steam wash. Niiiiice. I want to see pics when they arrive. Hmmmm...I just might come over and do my laundry at your house.
lol.gif
 

Hawkeye

Well-known member
Those are awesome!!
When I was a kid I always wanted to ride in one of those kind of looking washing machines.
Good thing I never did.
greengrin.gif

I'm so excited for you
greengrin.gif
 

ben

Well-known member
lucky!
i love the front loading machines, they're so much softer on clothes.
enjoy.
 

juli

Well-known member
LG Steam washers are the shiet!!! OMG I freakin want them but mine aren't even 2 yrs old. they are LG tromm and love it!

I saw the steamwasher at Home Depot on Sunday and OMGG I wanted it so badddly. I know that its rated like within top 5 in Korea. One of the best! :thumbsup:

Absolutely Love it!!!
 

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Well-known member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Oooo. My b/f keeps talking about getting some fancy stackable washer and dryer set even though ours are perfectly fine, that way he can use more of the laundry room for the garage.
I'd rather have some realy nice pots and pans though
rofl.gif
. It's odd how domestic I've become
smiles.gif


LOL - I hear ya! If the dryer didn't go out I would have been fine but they were 10 years old... lol
 

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Well-known member
Amen - I love Consumer Reports~~!! I don't know if you knew before LG launched there own major appliances they were the ones that would make parts for like Kenmoore, Maytag, Fridgeaire, and some other ones!!

Sure come on down to AZ...LOL
smiles.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
OK...I am going to be a big geek in 3...2....1

Those are so cool! I love LG and am also a big fan of the Consumer Reports website. Well worth the small annual fee. They rate and have info on EVERYTHING. It's a great way to do all of your homework/research on products in one convenient spot. Especially with big purchases.

Steam wash. Niiiiice. I want to see pics when they arrive. Hmmmm...I just might come over and do my laundry at your house.
lol.gif

 

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Well-known member
LMAO - you are so funny!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
Those are awesome!!
When I was a kid I always wanted to ride in one of those kind of looking washing machines.
Good thing I never did.
greengrin.gif

I'm so excited for you
greengrin.gif

 

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Well-known member
You haven't had any problems have ya? I did my research on them... so I hope I did well!!
smiles.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by juli
LG Steam washers are the shiet!!! OMG I freakin want them but mine aren't even 2 yrs old. they are LG tromm and love it!

I saw the steamwasher at Home Depot on Sunday and OMGG I wanted it so badddly. I know that its rated like within top 5 in Korea. One of the best! :thumbsup:

Absolutely Love it!!!

 

f1rewater

Well-known member
Yum! ... appliance porn ... it's good to know i'm not the only one who gets excited with washing machines and the like.
 

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Well-known member
LMAO! You should have seen me when I saw these beauties... lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by f1rewater
Yum! ... appliance porn ... it's good to know i'm not the only one who gets excited with washing machines and the like.
 

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Well-known member
I am glad you went with the LG and not the Kenmore!!..

The Kenmore is a pile. Its super super super picky . it will stop in a middle of a wash, blink some weird letters on the screen.. then you have to restart the WHOLE load. so a 45 minute wash turns into a 2 hour wash! that and sometimes if you dont hear it beeping at you. .it just sits there.so you come home. HOPING for your jeans to be ready to go in the dryer.. but no.. you have to wait another 45 minutes (time that they could be in the dryer.. so you could wear them asap to that party.....me bitter?... no..haha) it does this.. ALL the time.. .. Too Much soap in there? it flashes "suds" on the screen.. only way to fix that.. ... Re-wash ... (not only mine does this. the same exact one at my work does this too, my friends, also does it.. arrg!)

I heard good things about the LG though. that steam feature kicks butt! I want that.. all those times I pull wrinkled shirts outta my closet.. I could just pop them in the steam feature and have wrinkle-less shirts in no time!
 

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Well-known member
WOW - I take that you have or owned the Kenmore's? Man I am really glad that I went with the LG's!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
I am glad you went with the LG and not the Kenmore!!..

The Kenmore is a pile. Its super super super picky . it will stop in a middle of a wash, blink some weird letters on the screen.. then you have to restart the WHOLE load. so a 45 minute wash turns into a 2 hour wash! that and sometimes if you dont hear it beeping at you. .it just sits there.so you come home. HOPING for your jeans to be ready to go in the dryer.. but no.. you have to wait another 45 minutes (time that they could be in the dryer.. so you could wear them asap to that party.....me bitter?... no..haha) it does this.. ALL the time.. .. Too Much soap in there? it flashes "suds" on the screen.. only way to fix that.. ... Re-wash ... (not only mine does this. the same exact one at my work does this too, my friends, also does it.. arrg!)

I heard good things about the LG though. that steam feature kicks butt! I want that.. all those times I pull wrinkled shirts outta my closet.. I could just pop them in the steam feature and have wrinkle-less shirts in no time!

 

juli

Well-known member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva_la_MAC_Girl
You haven't had any problems have ya? I did my research on them... so I hope I did well!!
smiles.gif


Nope Not at All! I love it! I don't think anyone can go wrong with LG stuff. I still want one of the steam wash washer/dryer.

ugh have u seen any of the refrigerators by LG? Damn...
 

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Well-known member
Oh yes I have... there dishwashers rock too!!!




Quote:
Originally Posted by juli
Nope Not at All! I love it! I don't think anyone can go wrong with LG stuff. I still want one of the steam wash washer/dryer.

ugh have u seen any of the refrigerators by LG? Damn...

 

Latest posts

Top