My Very First!! EOTD

star1692

First off I cant believe I'm even posting this! I hope I get better sometime soon! Please be honest and tell me what you think. I'm open to suggestions..

Shimmer

I like the colors against your eye color.
smiles.gif

I would suggest cleaning up your brows to frame your eyes better.
smiles.gif

fairytale22

I agree with the brows (though I'm not one to talk) and working on the precision of liner to get a smoother line.
smiles.gif

kaliraksha

Cleaner brows would make this eye look lots better =) I agree with the eyeliner comment- sometimes its not you though you might want to experiment with different eye liners... I got a flat pencil for the top line or use fluid line and its a million times better than when I was using regular pencil or fluid

Lovely color for your beautiful eyes =)

MacVirgin

i agree with the comments above, but i like the color u used tho.
I woul like to see your next posting using the tips you got from the girls
smiles.gif

prppygrl69

Star i'm very proud of you for finally getting the guts up to post a look.Have you been doing your make up long?So far i think your doin a good job,so keep it up.

mia88

I agree with the brow comments above, and also, try using an angle tipped brush for lining...it's like magic I tell ya!! Creates a nice straight and even line.

star1692

First off I want to thank everyone for the suggestions!! I really need to get my eyebrows looking right, but I'm scared to pluck them because I don't want to mess them up. What would be the best eyeliner to get? Right now I have liquid liner from maybelline. I really need to get fluidline and a good brush. I can't believe how nervous I was about posting this!. ....prppygrl...can you believe I finally did it??!!!

ebonyannette

^ Girl I am horrible at liquid liner, I use either the kind from Avon cause it comes in a tube that looks like a pen and its Super Easy to draw on, of I use Fluidline and I like to use it with the 266 brush cause I have more control but the 209 is good with the f/l too.
Dont be afraid keep posting, with all the tips from Specktranetites I have gotten alot better than when I first started.
Oh, and for the brows they have stencils at Rite Aide/Walgreens for like $4 you get 4 different shapes, that might help you. Or you can just go get them done for like $15-20 and then all you have to do is maintain the shape.
I like the shadow and how you contoured the crease, the pic is really close up so its kinda hard to see the full effect.
But good keep working on it

star1692

I'll get better pics next time for sure. I hope I dont become addicted to posting now! lol. Thanks for you all being so sweet and the advise

spencoh

just showing some love
greengrin.gif

a really good cheaper brush is the liner brush by nyx, since you have liquid liner a good idea would be to dampen the brush when your done applying the liner, and going over the line in short strokes, just to smooth everything out a bit

mia88

Quote:
Originally Posted by star1692
First off I want to thank everyone for the suggestions!! I really need to get my eyebrows looking right, but I'm scared to pluck them because I don't want to mess them up. What would be the best eyeliner to get? Right now I have liquid liner from maybelline. I really need to get fluidline and a good brush. I can't believe how nervous I was about posting this!. ....prppygrl...can you believe I finally did it??!!!

You could probably still use a brush with your Maybelline liner...just take some out and onto the back of your hand, then dip an angle brush and try it out that way
smiles.gif

MACtastic

If you don't wish to invest on Fluidline or brushes just yet (although I highly recommend them), the Maybelline liner will still work (I use it too sometimes :p ). The key is practice, practice, practice. If you've got some free time one day, just grab the liner and practice different techniques to find what way is best for YOU. Its different for everyone. Just have some eye makeup remover on hand hehehe. And its kinda good to practice with the cheaper stuff...that way you don't feel like a $20 product is going down the drain
greengrin.gif

As for the brows, don't mess *too* much with the shape. Just clean them up and pluck the strays a bit. If you wish to fill them in, use a matte shadow as close as possible to your brow color, and practice doing short feathery strokes with an angled brush.

HTH. Congrats on your first FOTD! Good luck! <3

salvador4dali

hey congrats on putting up your 1st EOTD! Nice colour! U said you've got a liquid eyeliner - I've got the 266 and it doesn't create the v thin line I like and I find it odd to use so I went to an art shop and found the best brushes for doing liquid eyeliner - its a god send! There are different thicknesses but I use the brush thickness of '0000' (being the thinnest) there is also '000' and '00'. So you can see which sorta thickness you prefer. Not only do they do a thin line, or a thick line (depending on what you want) but in UK they only cost something like £2 - which is much cheaper than the 209 which is £12 - bargain! So even if you ruin it practicing and practicing its not the end of the world!

I was going to buy a fluidline and the 209 but I bought rimmel liquid eyeliner. Armed with my artist brush '0000' I practiced and practised and found that its pretty much fool proof. I apply little pressure in the inner part of the eye and slightly more pressure towards the outside to get a line that starts v thin and get gradually thicker towards the outside. But the key, as mentioned above, is practice makes perfect! And try out the artists brushes - you will never look back!

star1692

All I can say is WOW! I never thought everyone would be soo awesome! I can't express how much I am over come with all you girls!! I'm planning one taking everyones advise in one way or another. Hopefully one day I'll look like I know what I'm doing. All I need is someone to go MAC shopping with now...hehe

spencoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvador4dali
hey congrats on putting up your 1st EOTD! Nice colour! U said you've got a liquid eyeliner - I've got the 266 and it doesn't create the v thin line I like and I find it odd to use so I went to an art shop and found the best brushes for doing liquid eyeliner - its a god send! There are different thicknesses but I use the brush thickness of '0000' (being the thinnest) there is also '000' and '00'. So you can see which sorta thickness you prefer. Not only do they do a thin line, or a thick line (depending on what you want) but in UK they only cost something like £2 - which is much cheaper than the 209 which is £12 - bargain! So even if you ruin it practicing and practicing its not the end of the world!

I was going to buy a fluidline and the 209 but I bought rimmel liquid eyeliner. Armed with my artist brush '0000' I practiced and practised and found that its pretty much fool proof. I apply little pressure in the inner part of the eye and slightly more pressure towards the outside to get a line that starts v thin and get gradually thicker towards the outside. But the key, as mentioned above, is practice makes perfect! And try out the artists brushes - you will never look back!

i love my walmart art brushes! lovelovelove

Glitziegal

Can't really add anything to the advice given. I would just like to say I think you were very brave to post your first FOTD, the girls here are all really helpful and kind so you will be improving in no time at all.

Also Liquid liner is probably the hardest thing to master, if and when you get one you will be amazed at how smoothly and easily the fluidlines apply.

I look forward to seeing many more FOTD's from you
smiles.gif

Latest posts