Nail Art Stamping

MzEmo

Hey people!

OK so those of u interested in saving money and doing ur own nails at home, i came across this product called Konad nail stamping. i dont know if u can post videos on this thread but heres the link to the nail demo: YouTube - Konad Nail Art Demo Video

Ive been trying to attempt to do my own nails without going to the salon. And so far ive only mastered doing leopard and zebra printed nails. So im deciding on getting the Konad set sometime soon. I still havent decided which plates to get so ill probably be purchasing it sometime within this week and possibly post up results >.< But everything is so nice i just want to get all of it.
drools.gif

Well this is just a heads up for the nail freaks out there on specktra
winks.gif
The link to the site is mlKonad Stamping Nail Art. Shipping is not for free but the official site is way cheaper than www.WowSoCool.com Konad Stamping Nail Art which jacked up the price a lot.

Oh and one more thing this is the nail gallery for the nail stamps: Revolutionary Nail Art System, Konad USA

edit: so dont listen to me when i said to go to http://www.konadnailart.com/index1.ht to buy the products. go to wowsocool.com because the people from konad does refers people to go to it. I believe that konadnailart.com is a fake site! so dont buy it there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry guys. but wowsocool is the real deal

aziajs

I love Konad. I was going to do a thread on this when I actually bought the kit. They have Kiosks at some malls and that's actually where I saw it for the first time. It's a very neat concept. I can't wait to try it.

.k.

yea i have some.
sometimes it sucks that the image plate gets all scratched up due to the scraper. and u have to have patience because sometimes the whole image does not show up correctly.

.k.

yea i have some.
sometimes it sucks that the image plate gets all scratched up due to the scraper. and u have to have patience because sometimes the whole image does not show up correctly.

NatalieMT

I have the Konad kit, I think it's the A one, I love it! Bought it on holiday last year at one of the mall kiosks. I usually do my toes with one of the flower designs white on red and everyone comments on how nice it looks. I don't use it that often so the polish has lasted a long time and obviously the kit lasts forever aslong as you look after it.

It's pretty easy to get good results too - I mean even I manage it, I agree with the above poster when they say sometimes it takes a couple of goes to transfer the whole image though. True it is an expensive buy but I no longer get pedicures, I just use this instead. So it is a good money saver. Also none of my local salons offered airbrush designs anyways, so I guess you could say this is actually better.

aziajs

I don't know if you guys have tried this but I have heard that it helps:

1. Use an emery board to roughen the surface of the stamp a little to create more adhesion of the polish

2. Apply the stamp before your nail polish is completely dry. When I had it done at the kiosk, the girl applied polish to my nail, got the stamp ready while the polish got tacky. Then, she applied the stamp to my nail. It all happened very quickly.

aziajs

UPDATE: I finally bought it!

Here are a few pics. *NOTE* These are crappy. I am just now getting the hang of how to do it. I will update with more pictures when I really get good results. Here are a few tips:

1. Using the Konad polish works best. I tried using a few of my normal polishes and they were o.k. but not as vibrant as the Konad.

2. Lightly filing the stamp helps to pick up the design better.

3. MOST IMPORTANTLY. Work quickly, but don't stress yourself out trying to rush like a crazy person. Just move at an efficient pace. AND...use LIGHT pressure when placing the stamp on the plate. I was pressing down hard thinking that I would get a better impression and I wasn't getting anything (as you can see on the fuschia nail). Instead I just pressed lightly, almost tapping the plate, and it came out perfectly.

konad_1.jpg

konad_2.jpg

ppalada

i have the konad kit..bought it a few months ago at one of those kiosks at the mall..i LOVE the houndstooth design! it is an awesome concept and it doesn't take long to get used to. I've just been too lazy to paint and stamp my nails. hahaha

GreekChick

Me too me too! I recognized your hands
greengrin.gif
. It's addictive it's not even funny. I have plenty of NFU-Oh's coming my way, and now you've convinced me to stop kidding myself and just order a Konad. I'm so broke, it's the board's fault!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
Me too me too! I recognized your hands
greengrin.gif
. It's addictive it's not even funny. I have plenty of NFU-Oh's coming my way, and now you've convinced me to stop kidding myself and just order a Konad. I'm so broke, it's the board's fault!

That is too funny! I have only posted a couple of times on there so I can't believe you would recognize my hands. LOL.

I used to be on there all day long. You are right - it's very addictive.

I REALLY want some NFU-Oh's. I am going to order some in a couple weeks, maybe. I bought a NYX polish called Purple Ave, which is ok. It's the same concept of the opalescent flakes but I don't think it's as great as the NFU-Oh's. You'll have to post some swatches when you get them!

GreekChick

I would but my camera skills suck! I've tried taking pics of my nails but I have yet to get the hang of it.
You should order the NFU-Oh's from the Ebay seller, she's very reliable, and the shipping was super quick! Someone posted close-ups of ALL the flakies today on the nb, they are insane! You should search for them!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
I would but my camera skills suck! I've tried taking pics of my nails but I have yet to get the hang of it.
You should order the NFU-Oh's from the Ebay seller, she's very reliable, and the shipping was super quick! Someone posted close-ups of ALL the flakies today on the nb, they are insane! You should search for them!

I just saw them! Which one's did you order?

Did you see Scrangie's swatches too?

Scrangie: Search results for NFU-Oh

GreekChick

I saw both!
I currently own: 13-46-48-49-50-60.
I have 51-52-56 on their way and now I'm lemming 59. Yeah. They're awesome!

Latest posts