Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

I loved Blackpool! Maybe I'll watch it again soon...
I too like the EP collection (several of them anyway) but I don't need more holos and obviously still broke. Also not interested in the next Glam releases, money saved yay! But Lemming have a discount code today so I ordered a few more. I tried to use the discount code and a $5 dollar reward code but I was right, couldn't do both. So I took one item out of the order which didn't qualify for the anniversary discount, checked out, placed the missing one on a separate order with the voucher and asked her to combine both orders with my previous unfulfilled one... I'm hoping to get away with it!

Ooh that's cool with the code/voucher! I love it when you can do that.

Have you received your Illyrians yet? I saw that she had another restock a few days ago, but nothing new, and now the shop is closed again.

No, I don't care for the Glams either. Or anything else at the moment! Still waiting for news on the Tonic collection, but so far nothing. I would like some PfDs and EdMs, but nothing is urgent. I've mostly spent my money on swatchsticks lately!

Anitacska

Okay, so GB and FF are doing PPU after all, and I love the FF polish. I might get it and get the PfD to go along with it, or maybe Ard As Nails. I just hate it that the exchange rate is still so pants. :(

The new Tonic collection is a bit underwhelming, although I've yet to see some proper swatches. I'll probably get a few because Tonic, but I'm not feeling excited about the release. At least they'll stay in stock until the end of the summer, so hopefully I can combine with the next collection. We'll see.

Anitacska

Some new mani pictures, first up is Tonic Polish Novitiate with Glam Polish Escape Artist. I really liked both of these.

IMG_20200421_105150258.jpg

IMG_20200421_105158905.jpg

IMG_20200421_105241335.jpg

Next is Femme Fatale Thief in the Shadows with Femme Fatale Crystal Stag (one-off sample). These are both quite old (2015 I think), they're really nice though.

IMG_20200423_144432948.jpg

IMG_20200423_144455719.jpg

IMG_20200423_144520342.jpg

This is ILNP Sirene (H) with Dance Legend Phobos. I'm sure I have several dupes for both of these, but they're both nice.

IMG_20200425_130948503.jpg

IMG_20200425_130959859.jpg

IMG_20200425_131039977.jpg

IMG_20200425_131150144.jpg

Anitacska

Is anyone buying from PPU? I only got 2, the Femme Fatale and PfD. I've just managed to sell a few things on Depop and saw that Different Dimension have 3 cuticle pens for $11.50 (UK price), so I think I'll order those too. Otherwise I've found this theme very underwhelming. Just how many peach polishes do we need???

I'm passing on the new Tonics right now. I was thinking about ordering the FTLOP box and some PfDs, but actually I don't love the box that much, so we'll see what next month's looks like. I do want to get some PfDs at some point soon, but might as well wait until there's a box I like.

I only bought 5 polishes in April (only April and May PPUs, as the May PPU UK opened yesterday, nothing else). I didn't even feel like I was missing out on anything. Maybe I'm cured???

boschicka

Is anyone buying from PPU? I only got 2, the Femme Fatale and PfD. I've just managed to sell a few things on Depop and saw that Different Dimension have 3 cuticle pens for $11.50 (UK price), so I think I'll order those too. Otherwise I've found this theme very underwhelming. Just how many peach polishes do we need???

I'm passing on the new Tonics right now. I was thinking about ordering the FTLOP box and some PfDs, but actually I don't love the box that much, so we'll see what next month's looks like. I do want to get some PfDs at some point soon, but might as well wait until there's a box I like.

I only bought 5 polishes in April (only April and May PPUs, as the May PPU UK opened yesterday, nothing else). I didn't even feel like I was missing out on anything. Maybe I'm cured???
I ordered 4 from PPU. Can't even remember the brands. Three of them essentially the same berry color and nothing all that special about them, but I need to keep buying the same thing over and over again apparently.

I've been meaning to order from PFD too. I love her business model, but it's easier to neglect the brand and push it to the back burner b/c limited items take priority.

As for being cured, I have been shopping less overall. I think the current situation/mood sobers things up and makes some things seem less important? Or perhaps I'm just more exhausted, so care less about chasing products? Whatever the reason, I hope I'm able to maintain it when life returns to new normal.
PS. Congrats on the Depop sales.

PearlyQueen

Ooh that's cool with the code/voucher! I love it when you can do that.

Have you received your Illyrians yet? I saw that she had another restock a few days ago, but nothing new, and now the shop is closed again.

No, I don't care for the Glams either. Or anything else at the moment! Still waiting for news on the Tonic collection, but so far nothing. I would like some PfDs and EdMs, but nothing is urgent. I've mostly spent my money on swatchsticks lately!
My mystery bag delivery has arrived, and I'm pretty pleased with them. My protos - not so lucky, they "departed transfer airport London" on 13th and haven't heard any more - that usually means customs have them, but not had a card, can't chase with anyone, Royal Mail are saying they've left US but not gone to them yet, it's a massive headache when things disappear at that stage. I'll do mystery pics soon for you. I missed the Illyrian restock you mentioned, but I'm not really in the mood for buying Illyrians until the others arrive, unless something spectacular/unmissable is on offer.
I'm skipping PPU and FTLOP as I thought I would, FTLOP is pretty but nothing I can't live without, only really fancy the PfD, as is so often the case. PPU has a few pretty polishes I would like to buy but none of the brands are ones I buy regularly and most I have never tried, and my trusted brands haven't put anything up I want - not a surprise, the sweets theme lends itself to colours I just don't wear. Not impressed with the new Tonics either, though I don't often buy from them. I did splash out on a few Shleees from their restock yesterday - a bit naughty but I do like them, and I don't often go for an order. They tend to do a weekly restock with a mix of old and new, and it's usually about 12 colours, most weeks I fancy just one or two, which works out expensive to keep paying their very high shipping costs. This time I fancied 4, and they had a couple I had my eye on in their "leftover" stock from previous times, so I went for it. Something to look forward to. I also heard back from Lemming who are happy to combine shipping on my three orders, so hopefully a few quid back from that. I didn't like their new collection much so only bought oldies on sale. Otherwise, I'm on a go-slow with nail polish, which is necessary anyway.

PearlyQueen

Some new mani pictures, first up is Tonic Polish Novitiate with Glam Polish Escape Artist. I really liked both of these.

View attachment 67564

View attachment 67565

View attachment 67566

Next is Femme Fatale Thief in the Shadows with Femme Fatale Crystal Stag (one-off sample). These are both quite old (2015 I think), they're really nice though.

View attachment 67567

View attachment 67568

View attachment 67569

This is ILNP Sirene (H) with Dance Legend Phobos. I'm sure I have several dupes for both of these, but they're both nice.

View attachment 67570

View attachment 67571

View attachment 67572

View attachment 67573
I really like all of these polishes! Favourite is probably Phobos, which I do own but I don't think I've worn it.

PearlyQueen

I fancy a few PfDs too but I might actually hold off till Black Friday, there's usually an incentive then.
Well done on just 5 in April, I bought 12... all Lemmings. You're not cured, I've been where you are before, once some nice collections start appearing you'll be straight back on them!

PearlyQueen

I ordered 4 from PPU. Can't even remember the brands. Three of them essentially the same berry color and nothing all that special about them, but I need to keep buying the same thing over and over again apparently.

I've been meaning to order from PFD too. I love her business model, but it's easier to neglect the brand and push it to the back burner b/c limited items take priority.

As for being cured, I have been shopping less overall. I think the current situation/mood sobers things up and makes some things seem less important? Or perhaps I'm just more exhausted, so care less about chasing products? Whatever the reason, I hope I'm able to maintain it when life returns to new normal.
I think we all have our quirks when it comes to buying the same colours over and over, I'm a red with flakies gal myself. I used to buy all the multichromes, every brand same shift...
I do agree, polish seems more trivial than usual at the moment, and the CV pandemic has left me with much less money to spend. I too hope I can reign things in, because I just don't have the cash to shop like I used to.

PearlyQueen

This week I've been wearing Illyrian Butterflies. A pig to photograph, I tried to capture the shimmer today with my other hand, so a few odd little pictures. I've been wearing it for over a week, so minor tipwear might show on some of the last pics I did today!
butterflies 1.JPG butterflies 2.JPG butterflies 3.JPG butterflies 4.JPG butterflies 7.JPG butterflies 8.JPG butterflies 10.JPG

Anitacska

Thanks. Annoyingly I had to refund one of my buyers as she gave up on waiting for Hermes to pick up. Typically they came to collect the other packages the following day! Especially annoying as she bought 3 blushes from me. Ugh. Could've bought 2 polishes for that! Oh well, I did buy the DD cuticle pens though, I like them and at that price it's a really good deal.

Are you still working? I'm probably more tired than before the lockdown, even though I don't go anywhere and try to do as little housework as possible. Yes, polish just doesn't seem that important right now. I'm also hoping I won't go back to buying loads of polish again, to be honest, I haven't bought much since Black Friday, my total for the last 5 months is only 71 which is really nothing by my standards! (I bought 67 polishes in November alone, hahaha! Although that's not my average, I think I was buying more like 30 a month last year.)

Anitacska

My mystery bag delivery has arrived, and I'm pretty pleased with them. My protos - not so lucky, they "departed transfer airport London" on 13th and haven't heard any more - that usually means customs have them, but not had a card, can't chase with anyone, Royal Mail are saying they've left US but not gone to them yet, it's a massive headache when things disappear at that stage. I'll do mystery pics soon for you. I missed the Illyrian restock you mentioned, but I'm not really in the mood for buying Illyrians until the others arrive, unless something spectacular/unmissable is on offer.
I'm skipping PPU and FTLOP as I thought I would, FTLOP is pretty but nothing I can't live without, only really fancy the PfD, as is so often the case. PPU has a few pretty polishes I would like to buy but none of the brands are ones I buy regularly and most I have never tried, and my trusted brands haven't put anything up I want - not a surprise, the sweets theme lends itself to colours I just don't wear. Not impressed with the new Tonics either, though I don't often buy from them. I did splash out on a few Shleees from their restock yesterday - a bit naughty but I do like them, and I don't often go for an order. They tend to do a weekly restock with a mix of old and new, and it's usually about 12 colours, most weeks I fancy just one or two, which works out expensive to keep paying their very high shipping costs. This time I fancied 4, and they had a couple I had my eye on in their "leftover" stock from previous times, so I went for it. Something to look forward to. I also heard back from Lemming who are happy to combine shipping on my three orders, so hopefully a few quid back from that. I didn't like their new collection much so only bought oldies on sale. Otherwise, I'm on a go-slow with nail polish, which is necessary anyway.

Oh no, sorry about your missing package. I did see a photo the other day about how overwhelmed the Royal Mail is, so try not to worry too much yet.

Ikwym about PPU, I liked the look of another polish that I ended up not buying because it's not from a brand I usually buy from. Although I do have 1 of their polishes, but haven't worn it yet. I thought I might like more this month, but everything is looking a bit samey.

I'm not hugely bowled over by the Tonics, but I don't think there's been many swatches around. I like 6, can't be bothered with the base coats and neons and definitely not that glitter topper! I wasn't that keen on the fall collection either, I guess even with Tonic I won't like everything.

Anitacska

I fancy a few PfDs too but I might actually hold off till Black Friday, there's usually an incentive then.
Well done on just 5 in April, I bought 12... all Lemmings. You're not cured, I've been where you are before, once some nice collections start appearing you'll be straight back on them!

I don't think I can wait that long! But I will wait until next month to see if I like the FTLOP box. It's not urgent.

PearlyQueen

Thanks. Annoyingly I had to refund one of my buyers as she gave up on waiting for Hermes to pick up. Typically they came to collect the other packages the following day! Especially annoying as she bought 3 blushes from me. Ugh. Could've bought 2 polishes for that! Oh well, I did buy the DD cuticle pens though, I like them and at that price it's a really good deal.

Are you still working? I'm probably more tired than before the lockdown, even though I don't go anywhere and try to do as little housework as possible. Yes, polish just doesn't seem that important right now. I'm also hoping I won't go back to buying loads of polish again, to be honest, I haven't bought much since Black Friday, my total for the last 5 months is only 71 which is really nothing by my standards! (I bought 67 polishes in November alone, hahaha! Although that's not my average, I think I was buying more like 30 a month last year.)
Oh that is annoying. Hopefully someone else will come in for them.
I'm working from home, and keeping pretty busy Mon-Fri, but I don't have all that travel time which is nice (about 3 hours a day).

PearlyQueen

Nebula Mystery Bag:
Fox Fur Nebula, Helix Nebula, Medusa Nebula, always in that order, red flakes Fox Fur, Black Flakes Helix, shifty pink with gold shimmer & holo dust Medusa Nebula:
DSC02659.JPG DSC02660.JPG DSC02661.JPG DSC02662.JPG DSC02669.JPG DSC02670.JPG DSC02673.JPG
My individual shots of Medusa were all rubbish, and I've totally failed to catch the shimmer in any of the pics, maybe a hint in the last one!

Anitacska

Nebula Mystery Bag:
Fox Fur Nebula, Helix Nebula, Medusa Nebula, always in that order, red flakes Fox Fur, Black Flakes Helix, shifty pink with gold shimmer & holo dust Medusa Nebula:
View attachment 67588 View attachment 67589 View attachment 67590 View attachment 67591 View attachment 67592 View attachment 67593 View attachment 67594
My individual shots of Medusa were all rubbish, and I've totally failed to catch the shimmer in any of the pics, maybe a hint in the last one!

Thank you! I like Fox Fur and Nebula.

Speaking of Illyrian, I saw that she's restocked some polishes. Nothing caught my eye, of course I wouldn't be buying anyway. I have actually spent all my Depop money on perfume.

PearlyQueen

New mani is Pahlish Don't Blink:
don't blink 1.JPG don't blink 2.JPG don't blink 3.JPG don't blink 4.JPG
If you look closely a couple of the images show the small copper and gold flakies hiding in the bling. I actually really like this, it looks very metallic most of the time and very sparkly in bright lights.

Anitacska

I have some manis to show too. First is Quixotic Polish Drops of Dusk with Different Dimension Pixie-lated. I really liked this mani, the Quixotic is so glowy and Different Dimension never disappoints.

IMG_20200427_153523899.jpg

IMG_20200427_124100158.jpg

IMG_20200427_124150287.jpg

IMG_20200427_124203794.jpg

Next is Painted Polish Dusk to Dawn. First time I used PP (I think I have 4 of her polishes altogether) and was very happy with it.

IMG_20200429_124501461.jpg

IMG_20200429_124559396.jpg

Finally, this is Femme Fatale Evil Queen with Pahlish Sunset Firefly. I really loved this mani, Evil Queen is just amazing and the Pahlish is gorgeous too. Definitely my favourite of the 3 manis.

IMG_20200501_132450397.jpg

IMG_20200501_132504647.jpg

IMG_20200501_132517515.jpg

IMG_20200501_132602079.jpg

PearlyQueen

I have some manis to show too. First is Quixotic Polish Drops of Dusk with Different Dimension Pixie-lated. I really liked this mani, the Quixotic is so glowy and Different Dimension never disappoints.

View attachment 67599

View attachment 67600

View attachment 67601

View attachment 67602

Next is Painted Polish Dusk to Dawn. First time I used PP (I think I have 4 of her polishes altogether) and was very happy with it.

View attachment 67603

View attachment 67604

Finally, this is Femme Fatale Evil Queen with Pahlish Sunset Firefly. I really loved this mani, Evil Queen is just amazing and the Pahlish is gorgeous too. Definitely my favourite of the 3 manis.

View attachment 67605

View attachment 67606

View attachment 67609

View attachment 67608
Love these! Especially the Quixotic and Pahlish.

Latest posts