Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

CartoonChic

Lovely haul, jenny! Today was a fantastic polish shopping day for me, too!

I went to the Chanel boutique to pick up my order of Tendresse that got redelivered to their location some how. I stopped by Neiman Marcus while I was there to get Dior Bengale and Golden Light, both Neiman exclusive colors. I also got YSL Dore Orfevre, another Neiman exclusive color. I was so tempted to get Bleu Majorelle, but put it back because I knew I was going to Sephora next.

I got my replacement of Dior Nirvana at Sephora. They also had Illamasqua Fragile in stock, so I grabbed it and Speckle. I got one of the last two Speckle polishes that they had in stock. I was drooling over Harem just like Naughty. It's been added to my to-buy list, along with Venous and Noble. Then I made a quickie stop at Ulta to get some more Zoya Remove+ polish remover and grabbed Essie Going Incognito.

Row 1: Dior Nirvana, Dior Bengale, Dior Golden Light, YSL Dore Orfevre
Row 2: Essie Going Incognito, Illamasqua Fragile, Illamasqua Speckle, Chanel Tendresse

I also ordered the crackle set that I mentioned yesterday. It's the Dior Golden Jungle Duo. It makes this cool looking alligator pattern crackle. It didn't get approved to be sold in the US, so I had to track it down. Dior Bengale and Golden Light are from the same collection as the Duo, but Golden Light is currently being repromoted with Tutu.

Time to dance!
th_DANCE.gif
th_happy1.gif

xelamazing

I went to the Chanel boutique to pick up my order of Tendresse that got redelivered to their location some how. I stopped by Neiman Marcus while I was there to get Dior Bengale and Golden Light, both Neiman exclusive colors. I also got YSL Dore Orfevre, another Neiman exclusive color. I was so tempted to get Bleu Majorelle, but put it back because I knew I was going to Sephora next.

I got my replacement of Dior Nirvana at Sephora. They also had Illamasqua Fragile in stock, so I grabbed it and Speckle. I got one of the last two Speckle polishes that they had in stock. I was drooling over Harem just like Naughty. It's been added to my to-buy list, along with Venous and Noble. Then I made a quickie stop at Ulta to get some more Zoya Remove+ polish remover and grabbed Essie Going Incognito.

Row 2: Essie Going Incognito, Illamasqua Fragile, Illamasqua Speckle, Chanel Tendresse

I also ordered the crackle set that I mentioned yesterday. It's the Dior Golden Jungle Duo. It makes this cool looking alligator pattern crackle. It didn't get approved to be sold in the US, so I had to track it down. Dior Bengale and Golden Light are from the same collection as the Duo, but Golden Light is currently being repromoted with Tutu.

Time to dance!
th_DANCE.gif
th_happy1.gif
Wow! I wish I could high five you on your awesome haul.
eyelove.gif

Looks like I need to stop my Neiman Marcus and check out Golden Light. It looks beautiful!

CartoonChic

eyelove.gif

Looks like I need to stop my Neiman Marcus and check out Golden Light. It looks beautiful!
Thanks! Let's do a virtual high five.
friends.gif

Golden Light is very pretty, but rather sheer. It doesn't bother me, but wanted to give a heads up if you were expecting it to be opaque.

http://www.temptalia.com/dior-golden-light-vernis-nail-lacquer-review-photos-swatches

Golden Light is also known as Or Lumière (French for Golden Light) and both names are written on the label. It's said that Golden Light has also been called Golden Era. That's how it shows up on Saks' website. They use the same 207 number and I think it's supposed to be the same color even though the name is different.

CartoonChic

So I was swatching my Dior polishes and realized I have amassed 20 of them in a month's time. Then added the cost...
jawdrop.gif

Seriously, those little purchases here and there really add up and fast. I've been debating taking a business trip this month because of the expense. But my Dior purchases total nearly a third of the cost of the trip. I've been talking myself out of it even though I've said I wanted to travel more this year. I think I'll be mad at myself if I don't go.

MACina

th_worship.gif
.....AWESOME haul,CartoonChic
bigheart.gif

Nirvana and the Illas
th_drool.gif

Time to dance!
th_DANCE.gif
th_happy1.gif

nanaparty.gif

Medgal07

Awesome, awesome haul CC
eyelove.gif
. I love your choices and I love your tenacity in hunting down the polishes that you want. You're down right fierce! Ever think of adding personal shopper to your repertoire??? You're amazing!
I'm dancing in your honor!
dance.gif

Time to dance!
th_DANCE.gif
th_happy1.gif

Medgal07

eyelove.gif

Golden Light is really pretty! I was confused when I ordered mine because it was promoted under a different collection, along with Tutu which was originally promoted as part of Rosy Bow. When I saw it with Tutu I thought, this must be mine! I hope you get it too.
party.gif

xelamazing

Thanks! Let's do a virtual high five.
friends.gif

Golden Light is very pretty, but rather sheer. It doesn't bother me, but wanted to give a heads up if you were expecting it to be opaque.

http://www.temptalia.com/dior-golden-light-vernis-nail-lacquer-review-photos-swatches

Golden Light is also known as Or Lumière (French for Golden Light) and both names are written on the label. It's said that Golden Light has also been called Golden Era. That's how it shows up on Saks' website. They use the same 207 number and I think it's supposed to be the same color even though the name is different.
Yay, virtual high five!
ok.gif

Those swatches have actually made me want it even more! Sometimes I love a really beautiful sheer color that I can just slap on my nails in a hurry. I also have a feeling it would really pop over a dark navy or black polish.

Naughtyp

Time to dance!
th_DANCE.gif
th_happy1.gif
awesome haul!!! love ur choices ;)
I went researching yesterday ( swatching lol and comparing) I honestly think Illamasquas are my favorite brand now. the single swatches i did look so much better than every color I have!! Oh and I found Obsess online at sephora! yay! I'm getting everyone on my list once my payment clears.... Lament, Harem, Obsess, Mottle, Venuous, superstition and Stance. after that I'm going to be really picky ( at least with cream polishes lol) and only get unique colors in my stash. except for those resort Essie's.
ok I doubt this is going to work lol Essie and Illamasqua are my fav brands and I'm going try not to buy the same shade from 10 brands. I need to edit my collection!!
oh and I figured out what to do since I have so many np to try still. I'm going to pick two in the same color family and use one on my toes and on on my fingers. I change my toes everytime I cha ge my nails anyways so may as well sample all my colors! lol today I'm going to use Nomad But I need to decide on a second color.... HW! lol

CC once I have the polish I try not to think about how much money Ive spent amassing np lol

Naughtyp

Awesome, awesome haul CC
eyelove.gif
. I love your choices and I love your tenacity in hunting down the polishes that you want. You're down right fierce! Ever think of adding personal shopper to your repertoire??? You're amazing!
I'm dancing in your honor!
dance.gif
I have it on mine! lol my mom calls me her personal shopper ( she sends me to get her makeup and stuff at the mall) and now her bf does too ( he has me pick out stuff for my mom lol). I always get to throw something in for myself so I hve no prob running all I er town lol.

Naughtyp

My beauty haul yesterday consisted of VGN2 lipglass( was going to get Up the Amp) but they were celebrating Aids day or Viva glam so I got the lipglass instead ( I only had enough for one lipstick/gloss) and Essie peach Daquari (sp?) at Macy's.
At ulta I got Zoya Piaf and NyX Rio eyeshadow trio in life is a Cha cha love ( it reminded me of the Spolied Rich Quad) for $8 since I had so many points to use lol. now I made enough tips to go get two more Zoyas ;)

All the other colors on my list are not out yet! so I'm grabbing what I can in the meantime ;) ok lets add Zoya on my fav list as well since I have a lot of colors on my wishlist for zoya too lol. this is a never ending cycle!

Has anyone else been following lacquered lover on Instagram? She's at New York fashion week and she has been posting pics from fall np collections. DL has some new textured polishes coming out and a new glitter called Stronger( Omg it's so pretty totally getting it I love that song and Kelly Clarkson! only Amerixan idol I ever watched and voted for). theres some other stuff but I can't remember ....

Medgal07

wavey.gif
CC. Your nail polish will last well beyond the memories of your trip. You did say a business trip correct? I traveled extensively for business and rarely got to enjoy any of the locations because it was all about the business. Maybe on a few occasions I added a day at the beginning or the end of a trip but they were fleeting. Now, if you're talking about a pleasure trip/vacation that you've had your heart set upon, that's a different story. You have substantial enough collections---makeup & NP that would allow you to impose a no buy on yourself. That said, I think for most of us here it's a real hobby (cough addiction) from which we derive a great deal of pleasure! It's a tough call, but one that only you can make. Whatever you decide, you have our love & support!!
friends.gif
grouphug2.gif
friends.gif

So I was swatching my Dior polishes and realized I have amassed 20 of them in a month's time. Then added the cost...
jawdrop.gif

Seriously, those little purchases here and there really add up and fast. I've been debating taking a business trip this month because of the expense. But my Dior purchases total nearly a third of the cost of the trip. I've been talking myself out of it even though I've said I wanted to travel more this year. I think I'll be mad at myself if I don't go.

Medgal07

cheerleader.gif
Awesome haul Naughtyp!! I'm eager to hear how you like everything! Which Zoyas do you have your eyes on? I'll have to look into the upcoming fall collections that you referenced. I have a feeling my wish list will be expanding too.
girlhaha.gif

My beauty haul yesterday consisted of VGN2 lipglass( was going to get Up the Amp) but they were celebrating Aids day or Viva glam so I got the lipglass instead ( I only had enough for one lipstick/gloss) and Essie peach Daquari (sp?) at Macy's.
At ulta I got Zoya Piaf and NyX Rio eyeshadow trio in life is a Cha cha love ( it reminded me of the Spolied Rich Quad) for $8 since I had so many points to use lol. now I made enough tips to go get two more Zoyas ;)

All the other colors on my list are not out yet! so I'm grabbing what I can in the meantime ;) ok lets add Zoya on my fav list as well since I have a lot of colors on my wishlist for zoya too lol. this is a never ending cycle!

Has anyone else been following lacquered lover on Instagram? She's at New York fashion week and she has been posting pics from fall np collections. DL has some new textured polishes coming out and a new glitter called Stronger( Omg it's so pretty totally getting it I love that song and Kelly Clarkson! only Amerixan idol I ever watched and voted for). theres some other stuff but I can't remember ....

xelamazing

We've had really nice weather this weekend and it's getting me all pumped for Spring. So, in preparation, I rifled through my polish stash and got out all my unworn corally nail polishes! Can't wait to start wearing them.
amuse.gif

The polish in the middle looks hot pink, but it's actually more of a reddened coral. It's so bright, it freaked my camera out!

Naughtyp

cheerleader.gif
Awesome haul Naughtyp!! I'm eager to hear how you like everything! Which Zoyas do you have your eyes on? I'll have to look into the upcoming fall collections that you referenced. I have a feeling my wish list will be expanding too.
girlhaha.gif
;) I am gonna go to ulta tommorow to check out which Zoyas they have besides the spring collection. on my Zoya wishlist are: Julie, Gie Gie, Roxy, Carly, Cassi, Happy, Yasmin, Jem and Chyna. I have only seen a couple at Whole Foods only and not at either ulta by me. but they are $9 each there lol I like ulta cuz I can get two and use a $3.50 off coupon and get two for $13. I just saw a new thread for Opi Bond girls for Summer 2013. I want pussy galore lol it's a light pink liquid sand. I will be getting it for my cousion if she does t grab it she wanted a pink liquid sand.... I'm I te rested in some of the Zoyas pixie polishes as well for summer I want the purple one for sure. in the spring set I want the red one, Chyna.
on I stage am I also saw a new BL silver from the summer collection.... those will be arriving soon before I've even got all the spring colors ;(

Naughtyp

We've had really nice weather this weekend and it's getting me all pumped for Spring. So, in preparation, I rifled through my polish stash and got out all my unworn corally nail polishes! Can't wait to start wearing them.
amuse.gif

The polish in the middle looks hot pink, but it's actually more of a reddened coral. It's so bright, it freaked my camera out!
Nice! I only have one of those but I have a bunch of other corals I need to wear too! I'm doing the green challenge this month, so I color coded my np for the most part. I have a basket of greens(reals, aquas, turquoise, mint, jade),one of glitters and silver and golds, one of purples and blues, one with reds and vamps and blacks and one of pinks and corals. plus my huge box of Untrieds that I haven't even got to yet. it's got a lot of polish In there I won't have enough space in my baskets lol so until I get more, I'm just going to keep them in the box. I also need some nail sticks. where did u a get them? I keep swatching on envelopes or paper!

Medgal07

WOW
eyelove.gif
The colors are amazing---they just sing nice weather! Love them all!!!
amuse.gif

Medgal07

;) I am gonna go to ulta tommorow to check out which Zoyas they have besides the spring collection. on my Zoya wishlist are: Julie, Gie Gie, Roxy, Carly, Cassi, Happy, Yasmin, Jem and Chyna. I have only seen a couple at Whole Foods only and not at either ulta by me. but they are $9 each there lol I like ulta cuz I can get two and use a $3.50 off coupon and get two for $13. I just saw a new thread for Opi Bond girls for Summer 2013. I want pussy galore lol it's a light pink liquid sand. I will be getting it for my cousion if she does t grab it she wanted a pink liquid sand.... I'm I te rested in some of the Zoyas pixie polishes as well for summer I want the purple one for sure. in the spring set I want the red one, Chyna.
on I stage am I also saw a new BL silver from the summer collection.... those will be arriving soon before I've even got all the spring colors ;(
I love your Zoya wish list. Mine keeps growing too--no matter how hard I try to put the breaks on! I'm changing my mani today. I've had Illamasqua's Mottle on for 5 days with no chipping. I love it, could keep it on longer, but I need to give another NP a chance. I think I'll wear Neely next because it's green, soft & pretty!!!

Slimmycakes

] I also got YSL Dore Orfevre, another Neiman exclusive color.

Time to dance!
th_DANCE.gif
th_happy1.gif

OHH I'm so jealous. I wanted that Dior top coat but never got around to looking for it. Good purchase. Thanks for the info on YSL Dore Orfevre. Never seen it before and just may purchase. What other department stores have exclusive colors?
Quote: Originally Posted by Naughtyp Has anyone else been following lacquered lover on Instagram? She's at New York fashion week and she has been posting pics from fall np collections. DL has some new textured polishes coming out and a new glitter called Stronger( Omg it's so pretty totally getting it I love that song and Kelly Clarkson! only Amerixan idol I ever watched and voted for). theres some other stuff but I can't remember ....
Hm, thanks for the suggestion. Does anyone have any good IG people to follow in terms of nails and fashion?

Slimmycakes

Here's a mani I did with the new L'oreals I purchased... before it messed up. This mani chipped before I left the house today... with a top coat.
rants.gif
I love the color of this mani but the quality just isn't there.

And my Illamasquas arrived yesterday! Can't wait to do a mani with them. Also meant to get Dior's Amazonia but it was sold out when I went back on the Sephora site. But passed the Dior counter today and there it was. So wooohhoo, my first Dior polish.