Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

PearlyQueen

I like Alchemy and that's a good deal, but I'm trying not to overspend, so will stick to just a few brands. I have already bought 4 polishes from Different Dimension, the deal was just too good to miss. Having seen some swatches of the new PfD polishes, I think I will get 3 or 4 of the new ones, the charity polish and 3 from the Halloween collection. Depending on the LEs EdM is releasing I may or may not order as I only want 3 older polishes. I'm considering buying about 12-15 polishes from Color Club and around 10 from ILNP too.

I love the new FF collection, but luckily I only want maybe 3 from PPU and 1 or 2 from Glam.

Forgot to say I've decided not to order from Pahlish after all. The polishes I like aren't that unique.
I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing. Nail Artisan has now sold out of the polishes I wanted, so that's off. PfD is a given, and it will be a big order. Illyrian haven't said if they're doing anything. PPU has no PfD this time so might not be shopping at all - nothing I've seen so far is calling me. I do want a very few Lollipop Posses and Great Lakes (so far 3 LP and 2 GL). And will look at Fancy Gloss and Lemming. And just one Glam. Not saying there won't be anything else but the Alchemy does just replace the Nail Artisan! I will have a big Stackry invoice though, my blanket is 5lbs and the other stuff is polish. Thank goodness I sold a fair few things on eBay to pay for this BF!
Illyrian's getting moans on FB again about late delivery - she's pulled out the old "waiting for bottles" excuse, hoping mine will ship soon. I want to be able to check out so I get my blanket in time for Xmas, so another Illyrian order is always a risk with timing. Especially on Black Friday.

Anitacska

I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing. Nail Artisan has now sold out of the polishes I wanted, so that's off. PfD is a given, and it will be a big order. Illyrian haven't said if they're doing anything. PPU has no PfD this time so might not be shopping at all - nothing I've seen so far is calling me. I do want a very few Lollipop Posses and Great Lakes (so far 3 LP and 2 GL). And will look at Fancy Gloss and Lemming. And just one Glam. Not saying there won't be anything else but the Alchemy does just replace the Nail Artisan! I will have a big Stackry invoice though, my blanket is 5lbs and the other stuff is polish. Thank goodness I sold a fair few things on eBay to pay for this BF!
Illyrian's getting moans on FB again about late delivery - she's pulled out the old "waiting for bottles" excuse, hoping mine will ship soon. I want to be able to check out so I get my blanket in time for Xmas, so another Illyrian order is always a risk with timing. Especially on Black Friday.
Ah yes, the good old bottle issue! Didn't she already have a long TAT as it is? I seen to recall someone saying it in another group.

Yeah, no PfD or EdM in PPU this month and Ethereal has pulled out, so that's one less polish. I like the Femme Fatale, Different Dimension and Fair Maiden (and the Night Owl, but I'm sure I have some very similar polishes, so will probably pass on that).

PearlyQueen

Ah yes, the good old bottle issue! Didn't she already have a long TAT as it is? I seen to recall someone saying it in another group.

Yeah, no PfD or EdM in PPU this month and Ethereal has pulled out, so that's one less polish. I like the Femme Fatale, Different Dimension and Fair Maiden (and the Night Owl, but I'm sure I have some very similar polishes, so will probably pass on that).
To be honest I don't recall her giving a TAT, if she had I wouldn't have believed it anyway! It was a pre-order which are always longer of course. So I just looked at her site and it says she's emailed everyone, and by bad luck I know my laptop has been autofilling my details with an incorrect email address and Illyrian order was one that I had the issue with. So of course there's no correct email address on file with her (because we don't have accounts, just orders and so I couldn't correct it at the time). I've now emailed her to find out what's going on, but won't be holding my breath for a response...
Just had a nose around the Fancy Gloss site, their BF release is up for wishlisting - and I don't want them so that's good!

PearlyQueen

Wow, got a speedy response from Vanessa! As expected, unspecified issues plus bottle shipment and pigment delivery delays...
Interestingly, end of message:
Because of shipment delays, Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals will be postponed until further notice.

Little bit non-specific there about BF/CM but I read it as not happening at all.

Anitacska

Wow, got a speedy response from Vanessa! As expected, unspecified issues plus bottle shipment and pigment delivery delays...
Interestingly, end of message:
Because of shipment delays, Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals will be postponed until further notice.

Little bit non-specific there about BF/CM but I read it as not happening at all.

Blimey! Doesn't sound like her at all to be responding so quickly. Why can't she post an update in the group about these things?

That's a bit disappointing about the BF sale.

PearlyQueen

Here you go:

View attachment 68440

View attachment 68441

View attachment 68442

View attachment 68443

View attachment 68444

There's been no swatches of the new collection or the charity polish. I'm pretty sure I have most of the returning polishes, but I might get Kelpie. I've passed on it several times, but not 100% sure I actually want it.

She hasn't posted any spoilers of the PPU polish yet either, I wonder if she's doing PPU at all. I did ask, but she didn't approve my post.

I actually like a few of the new Pahlishes and have been contemplating buying some. I love the free polish for $80 spend, but not sure I want to spend that much.
Finally got round to checking these returning polishes. I have all except Kraken which I don't want. Which means I have Kelpie if you want to put it on your swap list instead of buying it!

Anitacska

The Color Club sale (50%) is on already, so I've ordered 12 polishes. EdM has posted swatches of the LE polishes and I love 4 and like 4. Still undecided about the new PfD shades, but I think I'll get 4 plus the charity polish. Not getting the blue flakie one and the dark red. Now just waiting to see what discount ILNP will have.

Oh, did you see the new Enchanted collection? Looks like microglitter. And a measly 10% discount. That's a pass for me.

PearlyQueen

The Color Club sale (50%) is on already, so I've ordered 12 polishes. EdM has posted swatches of the LE polishes and I love 4 and like 4. Still undecided about the new PfD shades, but I think I'll get 4 plus the charity polish. Not getting the blue flakie one and the dark red. Now just waiting to see what discount ILNP will have.

Oh, did you see the new Enchanted collection? Looks like microglitter. And a measly 10% discount. That's a pass for me.
Nice work on your CC order! I can't see the EdMs so I'm guessing that's posted in her group, I don't plan to shop there though, maybe I'll have a look once they've launched and see if there's anything I want! I'm not sure about new PfD collection either, I want so many of the older ones that will be discounted that I can't decide if I should leave these for another time. I do like most of them though. I'm hoping for some on a whim colours as well though she hasn't mentioned anything.
I really like the new EPs, probably won't buy though as they're too expensive and not included in any stockist sales as they exclude all preorder items.

Anitacska

I slept through my alarm and missed the PfD sale. By the time I checked, the GWP polish was gone and I only had 4 polishes left of the ones I wanted, so decided not to bother. Did you manage to get what you wanted?

PearlyQueen

I slept through my alarm and missed the PfD sale. By the time I checked, the GWP polish was gone and I only had 4 polishes left of the ones I wanted, so decided not to bother. Did you manage to get what you wanted?
That's a shame, I stayed up and got all I wanted - culled my basket because shipping took a big increase after 20 polishes, so stuck to that, no On A Whims so I was checked out by 3:03! Skipped the new collection, will buy another time I think. It was an expensive order!
However, Alchemy has gone wrong - she said 12pm in the post above, it seems to have started at 12am instead. No mystery bags, just individual polishes. Some of my choices sold out. And the free shipping code only works for US delivery. I've messaged her, I think the free polish is still there (5 of them left) and I really want it, not sure what to do if I don't hear back...
Very annoying!

Anitacska

That's a shame, I stayed up and got all I wanted - culled my basket because shipping took a big increase after 20 polishes, so stuck to that, no On A Whims so I was checked out by 3:03! Skipped the new collection, will buy another time I think. It was an expensive order!
However, Alchemy has gone wrong - she said 12pm in the post above, it seems to have started at 12am instead. No mystery bags, just individual polishes. Some of my choices sold out. And the free shipping code only works for US delivery. I've messaged her, I think the free polish is still there (5 of them left) and I really want it, not sure what to do if I don't hear back...
Very annoying!

I'm not really that fussed. I only wanted the newer polishes anyway, plus the GWP. I'm glad you managed to get what you wanted. Perhaps I could get a decant of the GWP in our next swap if it's pretty?

Sorry about the Alchemy sale. It's frustrating when things don't go to plan. I messed up my Sainsbury's home delivery order last night, forgot to double check that it went through and it didn't, so I had to redo it for collection for tomorrow afternoon. Ugh.

I'm hoping I'll be luckier with the EdM sale, at least that's at 11 pm, not 3 am.

PearlyQueen

I'm not really that fussed. I only wanted the newer polishes anyway, plus the GWP. I'm glad you managed to get what you wanted. Perhaps I could get a decant of the GWP in our next swap if it's pretty?

Sorry about the Alchemy sale. It's frustrating when things don't go to plan. I messed up my Sainsbury's home delivery order last night, forgot to double check that it went through and it didn't, so I had to redo it for collection for tomorrow afternoon. Ugh.

I'm hoping I'll be luckier with the EdM sale, at least that's at 11 pm, not 3 am.
Well customer service at Alchemy is lovely! She apologised for the timing confusion, and created me a free shipping code. She said everything is still in stock, so hopefully that means I'll get the free gift polish too, maybe even the balm (which is nice to have but not too bothered about it). I ended up ordering three mystery ppu overpours and asked her not to include Blood Moon which I already have, hopefully I won't end up with three bottles of Blood Moon! I haven't bought any of the other PPU polishes, so fingers crossed...
Harlow are doing a 15% discount code on PfD pre-order for the new shades if you are interested it's BLACQUERFRIDAY2020

PearlyQueen

Well she just contacted me again, confirmed I'm getting Neutron, and a balm, and asked me for my choices of PPU colours - I picked three that I nearly bought at the time, and if she has them I'll be very happy indeed! She also asked what balm I'd like so if I get all I want this has been a great experience!

Anitacska

Well customer service at Alchemy is lovely! She apologised for the timing confusion, and created me a free shipping code. She said everything is still in stock, so hopefully that means I'll get the free gift polish too, maybe even the balm (which is nice to have but not too bothered about it). I ended up ordering three mystery ppu overpours and asked her not to include Blood Moon which I already have, hopefully I won't end up with three bottles of Blood Moon! I haven't bought any of the other PPU polishes, so fingers crossed...
Harlow are doing a 15% discount code on PfD pre-order for the new shades if you are interested it's BLACQUERFRIDAY2020

That is excellent customer service!

Thanks, but again most of the shades I wanted from PfD are sold out and I wouldn't qualify for free shipping anyway, so I'll sit this one out. I'll probably order them a few at a time with the FTLOP boxes as the shipping doesn't go up until you're over 6 or 7 polishes. I tend to receive the orders within a week and no customs, so I'm happy to order from her directly.

I decided to order from Girly Bits instead, got 7 polishes for £56 shipped. Again there's usually no customs on orders from her, so I'm happy.

Anitacska

And I've just placed my ILNP order. She sneaked in a couple of new multichromes, their holo versions and the holo version for Eclipse, just as well as I checked the site before checking out (I'd already put everything in my basket). I got the 2 new multichromes (non-holo) as well. I think I bought 14 polishes (plus an extra Eclipse for someone) and got over $60 off as I had $27 worth of points too. The best deal today by far!

boschicka

I was annoyed with the PFD site. Items sold out as I was checking out, but instead of just removing the items and letting me complete my order, it sent me back to my cart. I had to remove the item and then check out again. Of course during the extra time, more things sold out and again, it sent me back to my cart to repeat the foolish process. I think I lost out on 3-4 polishes total, but I believe they will be back. BUT the loss of the polishes put me under the shipping threhold, so I had to pay for that as well. Not the end of the world, but not a pleasant experience either.

boschicka

Well she just contacted me again, confirmed I'm getting Neutron, and a balm, and asked me for my choices of PPU colours - I picked three that I nearly bought at the time, and if she has them I'll be very happy indeed! She also asked what balm I'd like so if I get all I want this has been a great experience!
Wow, that's impressive CS! Congrats on the win!

boschicka

And I've just placed my ILNP order. She sneaked in a couple of new multichromes, their holo versions and the holo version for Eclipse, just as well as I checked the site before checking out (I'd already put everything in my basket). I got the 2 new multichromes (non-holo) as well. I think I bought 14 polishes (plus an extra Eclipse for someone) and got over $60 off as I had $27 worth of points too. The best deal today by far!
I'm afraid to check the ILNP site. I think there are too many polishes I want, so I best just avoid it completely.

Latest posts