Nail Polish Discussion - Any Brand

Anitacska

So I had another look at my order and while there was a discount, it was £5 off the whole order, so it should still apply in full. I messaged her again (still politely) and she's refunded the rest.

Now, will I receive my next PPU order? I'm always worried when I have to contact her like this. I know she doesn't like me (the feeling is mutual, of course) and I'm afraid she might take revenge. I probably should start ordering from the US site...

Anitacska

I got my RC order. Flash Lights is jut insane, all you can see with flash is the reflective gold glitter. I included a picture without flash too. I'm curious to see what it looks like swatched.

IMG_20211006_094202483.jpg

IMG_20211006_094238541.jpg

PearlyQueen

So I had another look at my order and while there was a discount, it was £5 off the whole order, so it should still apply in full. I messaged her again (still politely) and she's refunded the rest.

Now, will I receive my next PPU order? I'm always worried when I have to contact her like this. I know she doesn't like me (the feeling is mutual, of course) and I'm afraid she might take revenge. I probably should start ordering from the US site...
I got an incorrect polish in my last delivery, she's said she'll send the correct one and a returns label for the wrong one, hopefully get sorted out soon. I also gave in and bought my small basket of goodies from RC - and a huge order of Nailed Its and Wildflowers from Hypnotic.
Have you seen the new PfD trio? I've only seen two of them, one I want and a green I really don't like. Any I decide to get will be in my Black Friday order! I also saw the sneak peeks at Glam's next release today, and I am feeling another order coming on there (the larger collection has 4/5 I fancy at first glance).
I've finally started the mega nail polish clearout and eBay them process - very early days, but working oldest polishes to newest, pretty much everything untried is on its way out, but I'm finding I really like some of them, so I may backslide!
At one point about a year ago I went through my Nails Inc box and tried to pull out everything I didn't want and cross check to see if they were new, ended up with a whole 3 polishes to sell! So this time I'm being very ruthless but still loving some of the colours, I'm such a hoarder.

Anitacska

I got an incorrect polish in my last delivery, she's said she'll send the correct one and a returns label for the wrong one, hopefully get sorted out soon. I also gave in and bought my small basket of goodies from RC - and a huge order of Nailed Its and Wildflowers from Hypnotic.
Have you seen the new PfD trio? I've only seen two of them, one I want and a green I really don't like. Any I decide to get will be in my Black Friday order! I also saw the sneak peeks at Glam's next release today, and I am feeling another order coming on there (the larger collection has 4/5 I fancy at first glance).
I've finally started the mega nail polish clearout and eBay them process - very early days, but working oldest polishes to newest, pretty much everything untried is on its way out, but I'm finding I really like some of them, so I may backslide!
At one point about a year ago I went through my Nails Inc box and tried to pull out everything I didn't want and cross check to see if they were new, ended up with a whole 3 polishes to sell! So this time I'm being very ruthless but still loving some of the colours, I'm such a hoarder.
Hope she sorts it out quickly.

I like the purple and the flakie topper from the PfD trio, and like you I'm saving my purchases for Black Friday.

Unlike you though I'm finding the big Glam release very meh. I don't want any of them. I do like the rose gold holo from the trio and if it's still available, I'll probably order the bronzy one from the Gossip Girl trio. I currently only have one polish waiting to be shipped.

Ooh well done for sorting out your polishes. I should sell loads of mine, but I seem to have chronic time shortage. I've hardly even found time to match up polishes to wear lately. I have yet to swatch my new Tonics and Girly Bitses and my PPU order, plus there's a big envelope full of polishes I need to put away. I'm either too busy and/or too tired. I have gone 2 days in the past week without polishing too, I fell asleep early on Friday and ended up just putting on a base coat when I woke up.

Then on Monday my middle one was coughing so much and was complaining of shortage of breath, we ended up phoning NHS 111 as we thought it might be Covid, so no polishing that night either. (They said they'd send an ambulance, but then decided it wasn't serious enough, so was told to just drive to A&E, but in the end we opted to wait to see an out-of-hours doctor - who then didn't phone until 4 am! We made the initial call at 10 pm. Luckily by then they had stopped coughing and fell asleep. It's probably just a bad cold though as it started with very runny nose, sore throat, etc. The cough is still there, but getting a bit better.)

Sorry about the essay. I just feel like I'm always so behind, there's always loads to do, but never enough time. Nail polish has almost become a chore too. If only the damn polishes stayed on my nails for more than 2 days, I'd happily keep them for a week right now.

PearlyQueen

Hope she sorts it out quickly.

I like the purple and the flakie topper from the PfD trio, and like you I'm saving my purchases for Black Friday.

Unlike you though I'm finding the big Glam release very meh. I don't want any of them. I do like the rose gold holo from the trio and if it's still available, I'll probably order the bronzy one from the Gossip Girl trio. I currently only have one polish waiting to be shipped.

Ooh well done for sorting out your polishes. I should sell loads of mine, but I seem to have chronic time shortage. I've hardly even found time to match up polishes to wear lately. I have yet to swatch my new Tonics and Girly Bitses and my PPU order, plus there's a big envelope full of polishes I need to put away. I'm either too busy and/or too tired. I have gone 2 days in the past week without polishing too, I fell asleep early on Friday and ended up just putting on a base coat when I woke up.

Then on Monday my middle one was coughing so much and was complaining of shortage of breath, we ended up phoning NHS 111 as we thought it might be Covid, so no polishing that night either. (They said they'd send an ambulance, but then decided it wasn't serious enough, so was told to just drive to A&E, but in the end we opted to wait to see an out-of-hours doctor - who then didn't phone until 4 am! We made the initial call at 10 pm. Luckily by then they had stopped coughing and fell asleep. It's probably just a bad cold though as it started with very runny nose, sore throat, etc. The cough is still there, but getting a bit better.)

Sorry about the essay. I just feel like I'm always so behind, there's always loads to do, but never enough time. Nail polish has almost become a chore too. If only the damn polishes stayed on my nails for more than 2 days, I'd happily keep them for a week right now.
Received the replacement about 20 mins after I posted!
PfD I'll probably just get the purple.
Having seen more of the Glams I'll probably pick up two since I have an open order, the bright blue and bright purple flakies.
I know what you mean about being tired, I'm in the office two days a week now, and it's horriible! I'm constantly stressed about Covid and 3 hours on a bus each day is not helping with that. Plus that's six hours I've lost of "me tiime", and I'm feeling it. Add on the early starts and lack of sleep from stress and it's not going well at all, with plenty of other irritants adding into the mix.
Hope your middle child is feeling better now, take care xxxx

PearlyQueen

I also have two manis to share:
poppin tags 3.JPG poppin tags1.JPG poppin tags 2.JPG
Amy's Nail Boutique Poppin Tags. I really liked this one, even though it nearly went on the sale pile instead of on my nails. It's a brand I bought just three polishes from via Etsy in my early indie days, never got round to wearing any of them till now and this was the only one I was happy with when they arrived. Depressingly, after a few days at home, just one day in my surgical gloves I wear for work and this was peeling off.
I replaced it with Illyrian Altar de Muertas:
altar de muertos 2.JPG altar de muertos 3.JPG altar de muertos 1.JPG
This is gorgeous, bright and glowy. Sadly I didn't get many pics as I did it in the evening and wore it to work next day - when the gloves did their thing again and it looks horrible now. I then got a horrible break in one fingernail and so I should have changed it days ago, but like you I can't be bothered... and the gloves thing is so annoying.

Anitacska

Received the replacement about 20 mins after I posted!
PfD I'll probably just get the purple.
Having seen more of the Glams I'll probably pick up two since I have an open order, the bright blue and bright purple flakies.
I know what you mean about being tired, I'm in the office two days a week now, and it's horriible! I'm constantly stressed about Covid and 3 hours on a bus each day is not helping with that. Plus that's six hours I've lost of "me tiime", and I'm feeling it. Add on the early starts and lack of sleep from stress and it's not going well at all, with plenty of other irritants adding into the mix.
Hope your middle child is feeling better now, take care xxxx
Sorry you're not having a good time right now either. That is a long time spent travelling. My children tell me a lot of people don't wear masks on the train anymore, I'm seeing the same thing in the shops, despite still having 40k new cases every day. I don't understand people.

Why do you have to wear gloves at work? I hate those things. And hand sanitisers.

Thanks, my middle one is feeling better now, but still coughing quite a lot. Now my eldest has cought it too. I'm just waiting to come down with it, actually quite surprised I haven't yet!

Anitacska

I also have two manis to share:
View attachment 69851 View attachment 69852 View attachment 69850
Amy's Nail Boutique Poppin Tags. I really liked this one, even though it nearly went on the sale pile instead of on my nails. It's a brand I bought just three polishes from via Etsy in my early indie days, never got round to wearing any of them till now and this was the only one I was happy with when they arrived. Depressingly, after a few days at home, just one day in my surgical gloves I wear for work and this was peeling off.
I replaced it with Illyrian Altar de Muertas:
View attachment 69854 View attachment 69855 View attachment 69853
This is gorgeous, bright and glowy. Sadly I didn't get many pics as I did it in the evening and wore it to work next day - when the gloves did their thing again and it looks horrible now. I then got a horrible break in one fingernail and so I should have changed it days ago, but like you I can't be bothered... and the gloves thing is so annoying.
These are both very nice.

Latest posts