NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

GlamMomAngel

I just got this in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to try it. But for the second day now, I look exactly like a ghost :shock: It totally changes the colour of my foundation, what am I doing wrong? You all seem to love it so much...
Hi! Try using a duo fiber or fan brush. Blush brushes can pack on color. You just need a light dusting of this powder. Hope this helps!

JaeisFancy

I haven't experienced any flashback at all, I have the compact version. I wear NC 40/42 and I apply it with synthetic face brush. My only bad experience is that it breaks me out if I wear it too many days in a row.

Pinky & Poodle

Hi! Try using a duo fiber or fan brush. Blush brushes can pack on color. You just need a light dusting of this powder. Hope this helps!
Thank you GlamMomAngel! I don't have a fan brush, but I'll try to apply it with an even lighter hand.
The brush I'm using is really soft, I never use it for blush, I don't think it gives me enough colour

GlamMomAngel

Thank you GlamMomAngel! I don't have a fan brush, but I'll try to apply it with an even lighter hand. The brush I'm using is really soft, I never use it for blush, I don't think it gives me enough colour
Just use a really light hand. & then take a picture with flash to see if it's still giving you flashback

Pinky & Poodle

I haven't even tried taking pictures with this stuff yet, It's a 'real-life' ghost look I'm enjoying
001_unsure.gif

My boyfriend came in the door on new years eve day and said I looked like porcelain, which would be fine if that matched the rest of me. But it doesn't!

Pinky & Poodle

NC25 is my best bet. I think of myself as quite pale, so I never expected a 'translucent' powder could be too light for me. It makes me look like the product in the container, even when dusted lightly. Wayne Goss raves about this, so I thought I was safe ;-)

Pinky & Poodle

I would do the same if I could, but you can't return cosmetics in Denmark. Did you have the same problem with it, or was it something else you didn't like about it?

Pinky & Poodle

Ok, today I tried again, with as little powder as possible. I tapped the brush on the lid after lightly dipping it in the pan, so there was actually no visible powder on the brush.
I now, almost, can't see the powder on my skin and is excited to see if it will help prevent shine with this tiny amount
smiles.gif

MandyLee

I havnt experienced any white cast with the loose verison. I love this powder. I love the way it blurs my pores an just the smallest amoung sets my under eye concealer very nicley.

dash4

I love this powder too! I hit pan on my pressed version (I have the loose too)..I NEVER hit pan on ANY of my products, but I did hit pan on this sucker.. I use the pressed for touchups and while traveling because the loose is messy.. and occasionally I use the pressed version at home..

I knew I should have gotten a backup during Sephora's F&F or their VIB sale.. I went to see if Nars has any deals going and noticed it went up $1 in price.. If I recall correctly - it was $34... now it is $35.. I still have enough of the pressed to last a few more months..

I don't notice any white cast at all.. and it has a much more natural finish on my skin compared to the Hourglass Ambient powders (I have Dim and Diffused)..

I heard that Wet N Wild/ Fergie has a new powder out - I think a "mattifying" powder, which people claim is a "dupe"..

allthingsglam

Just got this I have it in the pressed powder.what brush do everybody use I don't like that little powder puff thing.also I don't really notice a difference am I doing anything wrong with this product lmk please thanks in advance

PeachTwist

I bought the loose version because I remembered elegantone raving about it last year before I went AWOL.. I tried it last week and wasn't impressed, so I'll have to try it again. I think maybe I applied it wrong, but I usually press my setting powder into the skin so as not to move my foundation and it seems from what I've read you don't do that with this one?

PeachTwist

Bump. Anyone?
you can apply it lightly with a brush you don't have to press it in [COLOR=0000FF] I agree w/Monsy--I use my NARS Yachiyo and dust it lightly over my face. I have both loose & pressed.[/COLOR]
Thanks, ladies. So, just so I'm correct - I'd use this instead of my MSFNatural? Or would I use this afterwards?

Medgal07

Bump. Anyone?

Thanks, ladies. So, just so I'm correct - I'd use this instead of my MSFNatural? Or would I use this afterwards?
Some people layer it over a setting powder. I prefer just the light dusting w/o any other setting powder because I hate putting yet one more thing on my face.
You can try it both ways and decide which one you prefer.

Latest posts