NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

MarieMary

I am Miss O.I am rather upset that nobody responds to my post.Maybe I am doing the posts incorrectly.I want to ask if anybody can advice me on Matt lipstick.I use Chanel.I require a sharp line outlining my lipsticks.If u can advice please do so.I am feeling left out.Billy no mates or what.x
Welcome to Specktra!
It's a big lively community, so your post probably got lost among the many that are posted everyday. It's nothing personal if you didn't get an answer. ;)
Specktra is well-organized, so your question will probably find many answers if you post it in the Recommandations section: http://www.specktra.net/f/188/recommendations
Since we're in the NARS section, I'd recommend the velvet matte lip pencils. Texture is great, it's long lasting, and it's confortable on the lips. I don't use lipliner so I can't help you with that, but I see other Specktra members have already given great recommendations. :)

aradhana

I am Miss O.I am rather upset that nobody responds to my post.Maybe I am doing the posts incorrectly.I want to ask if anybody can advice me on Matt lipstick.I use Chanel.I require a sharp line outlining my lipsticks.If u can advice please do so.I am feeling left out.Billy no mates or what.x
welcome to specktra!
i didn't see your post, but as the others have mentioned - please don't take it personally. i know i've had some of my posts go un-noticed from time to time!
i find with matt lipsticks it really helps me to use mac prep + prime on my lips first...it helps the lipstick go on more smoothly. i guess it helps with a lot of lipsticks finishes, but with the mattes it is more important to me so they don't get all bally.

elegant-one

Got my reflecting powder, however they sent me the loose instead of the pressed...uggh! They are sending me the pressed right away.

So, I will actually be able to use/compare both for you!

EDIT: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the powder!!!! So, I will keep both the loose & the pressed.

On me, it made my skin look incredibly smooth, flawless, soft-focused. It also made the powder contour & blush go on so smoothly & soft & color true!!!
love.gif

luvlydee

Got my reflecting powder, however they sent me the loose instead of the pressed...uggh! They are sending me the pressed right away.

EDIT: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the powder!!!! So, I will keep both the loose & the pressed.

On me, it made my skin look incredibly smooth, flawless, soft-focused. It also made the powder contour & blush go on so smoothly & soft & color true!!!
love.gif
if you end up liking the loose over the pressed i might end up exchanging it for the loose instead. i really dont know how much powder im supposed to put on! lol i dont want to over do it. I havent touched it since monday. i forgot to wear it on tuesday when i left and today i was just too all over the place with this mac archie release fiasco lol. please let us know which one is better

shontay07108

Ugh. Elegant has convinced me to go ahead and add yet another loose powder to my collection. Hopefully, it's at my local Sephora when I step out tomorrow or Friday. I really prefer loose powders over pressed. I feel like it takes less to do what I need to do. That's just me.

hwdsprincess

Got my reflecting powder, however they sent me the loose instead of the pressed...uggh! They are sending me the pressed right away. So, I will actually be able to use/compare both for you! EDIT:  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the powder!!!! So, I will keep both the loose & the pressed. On me, it made my skin look incredibly smooth, flawless, soft-focused. It also made the powder contour & blush go on so smoothly & soft & color true!!! :love:
Yes I knew my leaning w the loose sounds better, I think I'll buy it when Archie's comes to Nordstrom thanks love for ur input

hwdsprincess

Ugh. Elegant has convinced me to go ahead and add yet another loose powder to my collection. Hopefully, it's at my local Sephora when I step out tomorrow or Friday. I really prefer loose powders over pressed. I feel like it takes less to do what I need to do. That's just me.
Hello little lady :bigstar: havent seen u in awhile... I think I'm convinced w the loose I'm getting it at Nordstroms

shontay07108

Hello little lady :bigstar: havent seen u in awhile... I think I'm convinced w the loose I'm getting it at Nordstroms
Haaay! :lol: I wish my Nordstroms sold Nars, but they don't. They do sell it at my local Saks and they usually get their stuff early, but it wasn't there when I checked yesterday. We'll see.

katelyn0

I am going to pick this powder up tomorrow thanks to the good things elegantone said about it in the Archie thread. Hoping my Sephora has this in stock!

shontay07108

I just read what Elegant posted in the Archie thread and it makes me realize that one of the beautiful things about dry skin is not having to touch up during the day! However, even if I did, I'm so ridiculous that I would carry a damn loose powder in my bag. :eek:hboy:

hwdsprincess

Haaay! :lol: I wish my Nordstroms sold Nars, but they don't. They do sell it at my local Saks and they usually get their stuff early, but it wasn't there when I checked yesterday. We'll see.
I'm ordering online since my sephora and Nordstroms or any higher end stores are like half hour from me so I'll save the gas wait at home : )

hwdsprincess

I just read what Elegant posted in the Archie thread and it makes me realize that one of the beautiful things about dry skin is not having to touch up during the day! However, even if I did, I'm so ridiculous that I would carry a damn loose powder in my bag. :eek:hboy:
Oh believe it lol I'll have a loose powder in my purse not like I don't already have 7 lipsticks in there

Prettypackages

love.gif
you put blush and contour on top of the loose powder? I thought it should go on last?

elegant-one

Sorry peeps, just getting around to coming here. And, I can't use the thank button as it says I am over my limit of rating content ???No clue what is up with that.

Yes, this powder is definitely worth looking into. If you end up loving loving the powder, I think it would be nice to have the pressed in your purse or for traveling. If you put it on & then stand back & look in the mirror, I think you should see a difference. I only did one side of my face so I could compare.

I used the powder on bare skin first to see how it would make my skin look. Then I wanted to see if it muted/changed the color of the blushes so I used those over the powder. I felt that it made a fantastic smooth flawless canvas. You could always do a dusting over the MU then.

VampyCouture

Thanks for the review, Elegant! I'm thinking I'm going to pick this up at Sephora this week. I'll let you know how it holds up on my VERY oily skin!

elegant-one

Thanks for the review, Elegant! I'm thinking I'm going to pick this up at Sephora this week. I'll let you know how it holds up on my VERY oily skin!
You are very welcome my dear! I hope that it works well for you & you end up liking it. Please let me know.

Anneri

Thank you, elegant! Did you also get one of the new Hourglass powders? I'm wondering how they compare or if they are for completely different purposes?

ChosenOne

Oh Maitai and elegant...why would you do this to us, lol. This powder sounds just heavenly! I usually prefer pressed powders to loose since I find it faster and less likely to make a mess, so I'm leaning toward the pressed, but idk. I should decide quickly though because Feb. and March are supposed to be "no-buy" months for me (with the exception of an item or two from Sephora's Jasmine collection in March). Maybe I should just get a pressed AND a loose to make the choice easier (by eliminating it altogether!). This powder just sounds like a must-have for both my personal stash and especially my freelance kit!

Latest posts