NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

MarieMary

Here is a review of the Loose Light Reflecting Setting Powder with before and after pictures:
http://www.beautylish.com/a/vxrms/lighter-than-air-nars-light-reflecting-loose-setting-powder

elegant-one

Here is a review of the Loose Light Reflecting Setting Powder with before and after pictures:
http://www.beautylish.com/a/vxrms/lighter-than-air-nars-light-reflecting-loose-setting-powder
"forgot until we glanced in the mirror and noticed how pretty our skin looked!" - quoting the ladies in the above link.

I think that sentence captures how this powder makes you feel. It did me. Look how pretty my SKIN looks. They're exactly right.

I am so glad that Sephora made the mistake they did, just so I could own both loose & pressed powders.
greengrin.gif

luvlydee

"forgot until we glanced in the mirror and noticed how pretty our skin looked!" - quoting the ladies in the above link. I think that sentence captures how this powder makes you feel. It did me. Look how pretty my SKIN looks. They're exactly right. I am so glad that Sephora made the mistake they did, just so I could own both loose & pressed powders.:D
Now i want the power instead... Le sigh

MarieMary

How does this compare to MUFE HD powder? Do you get the white cast?
In the reviews available so far, they all say it photographs well, without the dreaded white cast. But to be on the safe side, better wait for a couple more reviews just to be sure. :D

shontay07108

I think a powder has to be pretty terrible to get a white cast. I remember using the MUFE HD powder the first few times, looking at pictures and being horrified by my white forehead. I wasn't applying it right. After I realized I couldn't just throw the powder on my face, I no longer looked like I went face first into a bowl of flour. :lol: I'm starting to rethink buying this powder now. I wonder how much light reflecting it can actually do on my dark skin. Like I said before, I have several powders already and now, I have a Rebecca Minkoff bag in my sights that I need to save for.

Anneri

What did you do wrong shontay? I haven't used a setting powder for ages, so I just would dust it all over with a fluffy brush?

elegant-one

How does this compare to MUFE HD powder? Do you get the white cast?
No, no white cast at all! And, I even tried a spot where I piled it on just to see what happened & still no white out ;) Just blurred smooth appearance. Not sure if that is how it will work for everyone, but that is how it was for me.

I did not like the MUFE powder. It did leave white powder. I never bought it.

elegant-one

I'm starting to rethink buying this powder now. I wonder how much light reflecting it can actually do on my dark skin. Like I said before, I have several powders already and now, I have a Rebecca Minkoff bag in my sights that I need to save for.
Nice bag!

I don't think that will happen with this powder, but check it out in person if you can first.

shontay07108

What did you do wrong shontay? I haven't used a setting powder for ages, so I just would dust it all over with a fluffy brush?
The fluffy brush was my problem. I was using the Mac powder brush and, to me it's not suitable for loose powder. I started using the MUFE HD buffer brush which is soft, but packed. I pressed the powder on instead of just fluffing it on there. That solved the problem. Now, I use a Real Techniques powder brush and it's absolutely perfect. Soft, huge and it has a long handle which the MUFE brush didn't. That brush was stumpy and it was made of wood or something so, over time, it cracked. I went to Sephora yesterday and noticed they upgraded by changing the handle to metal(? I don't know what these damn materials are, but it's more stable). I prefer long handles, but MUFE is my favorite brand, so I'll probably buy it anyway. The point of all this is, A tightly packed brush is the way to go.

shontay07108

Nice bag! I don't think that will happen with this powder, but check it out in person if you can first.
I just bought the Chloe bag of my dreams and I said I would never buy another bag again. Yeah, right! This one is so nice, though and it's on pre-order from Nordstroms. I gotta have it. It's a beautiful periwinkle color. I know I'll end up with this powder at some point, but I don't really need it right now. Thank goodness Nars isn't into that limited edition/quantity nonsense.

elegant-one

I know I'll end up with this powder at some point, but I don't really need it right now. Thank goodness Nars isn't into that limited edition/quantity nonsense.
thud.gif
Your bag sounds lovely! Yeah, one bag never works. You can wait on the powder for sure. It will always be around. Getting a new bag is always wonderful.

Besides, you have such nice skin, you prolly don't need the powder anyhow.

katelyn0

Went to my Sephora today and it wasn't there...
ssad.gif
I guess it does say Feb 1st though. I'll check again on the weekend!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I know I'll end up with this powder at some point, but I don't really need it right now. Thank goodness Nars isn't into that limited edition/quantity nonsense.
It's funny, because I've noticed that I ALWAYS go back for seconds or even thirds on Nars collections and I probably end up buying way more than I would otherwise because I have that extra time to think about it. I'm very happy about that too, because a couple of my favourite lipsticks- Pago Pago and Bilbao- ended up coming home with me that way. I seriously think I swatched and tried Pago Pago on three or four times, then I tried it in a store that had natural light and was blown away by how much it brightened my whole face. I had enough of a gut feeling about it to know there was some reason to keep swatching it, but if it had been super-limited, I wouldn't have committed based on how it looked to me at first.

I saw the Nars powders at Sephora today. They were in a display, but not in the regular Nars section. The pressed powder is bigger than I expected for some reason. Definitely thinking I want this, but I'll probably wait until the summer when I want something lighter than my usual Dior powder.

Prettypackages

Sorry peeps, just getting around to coming here. And, I can't use the thank button as it says I am over my limit of rating content ???No clue what is up with that.

Yes, this powder is definitely worth looking into. If you end up loving loving the powder, I think it would be nice to have the pressed in your purse or for traveling. If you put it on & then stand back & look in the mirror, I think you should see a difference. I only did one side of my face so I could compare.

I used the powder on bare skin first to see how it would make my skin look. Then I wanted to see if it muted/changed the color of the blushes so I used those over the powder. I felt that it made a fantastic smooth flawless canvas. You could always do a dusting over the MU then.
cool!! thank you!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I really want this powder, the loose one. How do people with very dry skin like it?

(And I want the Hourglass one as well.)

Latest posts