NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

Knope2012

This powder sounds amazing! I won't pick it up right away, as I'm still using my MAC Marilyn powder for that kind of glow, but I probably will when I finish this one. I'm coming around to buying more NARS products. They do make my favorite highlighter- Albatross.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
My skin is dry/dry normal especially in this cold. It seems fine with dry skin areas.
Thanks. I just tried to order it, since I found a discount code. It worked at first, but when I loggd in it was removed from my cart.
blah.gif
I'll wait for another code.
sigh.gif

singer82

Ive always been in search of a good setting powder. I have the sample size mufe one. I like it, but it's just cause I'm pale so the whiteness doesn't look so bad. This one sounds so much better though! How it's it with redness? I got it around my nose and checks. I vowed to have a no buy till April after Archies, so I'll pick this up later:)

valkolak

Here is a review of the Loose Light Reflecting Setting Powder with before and after pictures:
http://www.beautylish.com/a/vxrms/lighter-than-air-nars-light-reflecting-loose-setting-powder
Oh no! It has algae in it...that's so highly comedogenic that I might have to pass on this magical powder. Although since it's a finishing powder and not a skincare product it might be ok. Do you think I could get a sample at Sephora?

MarieMary

Another glowing review with before and after pictures:
http://10ambeauty.com/new-from-nars-light-reflecting-setting-powder-review-and-photos/
In the comments she adds that it also controls oil.

MarieMary

My Kaspersky didn't detect anything. For those who don't want to click, she says it's awesome, and more of a light diffusing than light reflecting powder.

BluEyeDoc

I went on Sephora.com yesterday and somehow ended up with both the pressed and the loose in my cart, along with Diorshow Maximizer. Apparently I was in the mood for things that are white. :)

I'm super excited for the powder. I plan to keep the loose version with my vanity, and the pressed in my purse. I've yet to find a good setting powder - I love the look in the MUFE HD in real life, but on camera it's really unfortunate. I am practically tranparent I'm so pale, so I don't need any extra help with looking ghost white in photographs.

I'll try to update once I've given them a try!

luvlydee

Another glowing review with before and after pictures:
http://10ambeauty.com/new-from-nars-light-reflecting-setting-powder-review-and-photos/
In the comments she adds that it also controls oil.
Thank you for this. She said she noticed a difference once she used a buffing brush so i want to try this over my mac face and body foundation to see. Hopefully there will be no need to get the loose version if i end up getting this to work

elegant-one

I went on Sephora.com yesterday and somehow ended up with both the pressed and the loose in my cart, along with Diorshow Maximizer. Apparently I was in the mood for things that are white. :)

I'm super excited for the powder. I plan to keep the loose version with my vanity, and the pressed in my purse. I've yet to find a good setting powder - I love the look in the MUFE HD in real life, but on camera it's really unfortunate. I am practically tranparent I'm so pale, so I don't need any extra help with looking ghost white in photographs.

I'll try to update once I've given them a try!
I am transparent as well - we call it jellyfish skin
lol.gif

I posted this in the archie thread, but I used this today brushed on quickly over blush/my whole face & under my eyes & then looked at it in the car mirror in daylight & I could not believe how flawless & beautiful my skin looked. I'm in love with this powder!!

MarieMary

I am transparent as well - we call it jellyfish skin
lol.gif

I posted this in the archie thread, but I used this today brushed on quickly over blush/my whole face & under my eyes & then looked at it in the car mirror in daylight & I could not believe how flawless & beautiful my skin looked. I'm in love with this powder!!
I didn't know about this expression, so accurate!
girlhaha.gif
Count me in as another jellyfish. :p
I read somewhere that they recommend using the Botan Brush to apply the loose powder because of the shape and bristle density.

Michelemu21

I bought the pressed powder yesterday and love love love it! I am over 40 and have fine lines around my eyes but oily skin otherwise. I set my concealer with La Mer powder but for on the go I have been using MSFN. I tried this in the store and at first I wasn't wowed but decided to give it a go and when I got outside to my car I couldn't believe it! It literally photoshops out my fine lines and pores...after I finish La Mer (it will take me a long time) I have no doubt I will buy the loose version of this. I think this will become hg for me along with GA Master Corrector...one of a kind products I can not find a dupe for and can't live without.
heart.gif

VampyCouture

Okay, I'm thinking of heading out NOW and buying this powder! lol

Is it better to use it all over the face or just on certain areas of the face?

sadiebaby781

does anyone know if this product will give the "ghost face" look like some other finishing powders? (MUFE HD i'm looking at you)

MarieMary

does anyone know if this product will give the "ghost face" look like some other finishing powders? (MUFE HD i'm looking at you)
In the reviews available so far, they all say it photographs well, without the dreaded white cast.
You can check the links that were posted here, there are before and after pictures, and full reviews. ;)

elegant-one

Okay, I'm thinking of heading out NOW and buying this powder! lol

Is it better to use it all over the face or just on certain areas of the face?
girlhaha.gif
I'm snickering dear

However you like. But, it does work under the eyes without emphasizing lines! I used it all over

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. I just tried to order it, since I found a discount code. It worked at first, but when I loggd in it was removed from my cart.
blah.gif
I'll wait for another code.
sigh.gif
Well... I didn't wait for a code. I just ordered it.
lol.gif
At least I was trying to be strong and resisted for a day.
greengrin.gif

Latest posts