NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powders

elegant-one

Well... I didn't wait for a code. I just ordered it.
lol.gif
At least I was trying to be strong and resisted for a day.
greengrin.gif
lmao.gif
friends.gif
very funny!

sadiebaby781

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO excited to read this!!! And yes, the car mirror is the best test.
th_thstars.gif
Now the need to make it in a spray for the whole darn body!
Absolutely not! And, now we know for sure that it does not on WOC either - double Yay!!

thanks guys!! I've been looking for a good setting powder to enhance over-all glowiness and get that "photoshopped" look. I was thinking about purchasing the guerlain meteorites, because T gives them such good reviews, but now there's this one too that everyone says is great! anyone wanna help me decide which to get?
winkiss.gif

MarieMary

Café Makeup posted their review of the Loose powder, with great tips on how to apply it.

http://cafemakeup.com/2013/02/02/nars-loose-translucent-crystal-setting-powder/

Edit: sadiebaby781, we posted practically at the same time, lol. I suggest you read the review from Café Makeup. It's detailed, and they do compare the loose vs pressed powder. :)

elegant-one

thanks guys!! I've been looking for a good setting powder to enhance over-all glowiness and get that "photoshopped" look. I was thinking about purchasing the guerlain meteorites, because T gives them such good reviews, but now there's this one too that everyone says is great! anyone wanna help me decide which to get?
winkiss.gif
I don't own any of the meteorites, but I believe they are kind of a different animal than the NARS powder. Meteorites will have more glow/shimmer whereas the Nars is strictly softening 'photoshop' blurring look for the skin. It's also a great setting powder which lasts & keeps the makeup looking the same for hours.

MaitaiFluff

I don't own any of the meteorites, but I believe they are kind of a different animal than the NARS powder. Meteorites will have more glow/shimmer whereas the Nars is strictly softening 'photoshop' blurring look for the skin. It's also a great setting powder which lasts & keeps the makeup looking the same for hours.
Couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

CartoonChic

Thanks for the responses to my question posted earlier in this thread. I'm getting ready to order the loose powder from Sephora. I still have my 10% coupon to use for becoming a VIB. I'm just trying to decide if anything else will hop into my cart before I order.

PixieDancer

I came, I saw, I was enabled, I bought.... BOTH! LOL
Thanks for the rec elegant-one! You certainly know how to push a product missy! I don't think there's much I wouldn't buy that you recommended! FYI PLEASE be gentle going forward!
girlhaha.gif

elegant-one

I came, I saw, I was enabled, I bought.... BOTH! LOL
Thanks for the rec elegant-one! You certainly know how to push a product missy! I don't think there's much I wouldn't buy that you recommended! FYI PLEASE be gentle going forward!
girlhaha.gif
OMG! I died laughing when I read this girl!
lolz.gif

I think that if anyone ends up loving this, they are prolly going to want both. I love you - you are just too cute
friends.gif

elkaknits

Ok ladies give me your opinion

lately I have been putting on foundation or concealer under my eyes and maybe on my nose and using the FM BP all over instead of you know foundation on my whole face, some blush, mascara and l/s for a daytime thing.

My daughter asked if I was wearing makeup because of my blush nothing else which means WIN cus I am going for naked but better than :">

Soooooooo would any of you wear this In Place of foundation? No my skin is not great but I am kinda fond of the FM BP which somehow seems to soften any discoloration {hopefully not just in my head}, wrinkles, pores etc.

Thank the heavens I backed it up but I would like to know I have something else that performs the same miracle

elegant-one

Ok ladies give me your opinion

lately I have been putting on foundation or concealer under my eyes and maybe on my nose and using the FM BP all over instead of you know foundation on my whole face, some blush, mascara and l/s for a daytime thing.

My daughter asked if I was wearing makeup because of my blush nothing else which means WIN cus I am going for naked but better than :">

Soooooooo would any of you wear this In Place of foundation? No my skin is not great but I am kinda fond of the FM BP which somehow seems to soften any discoloration {hopefully not just in my head}, wrinkles, pores etc.

Thank the heavens I backed it up but I would like to know I have something else that performs the same miracle
Yes, I would wear this in [lace of foundation & did. It worked. But, I also think you could use it with the FM BP. I LOVE & hoarded lots of the FM BP as it is amazing. This powder can work with the FM BP for a really really nice finish. Like you, I always strive for that Naked but better natural look. This powder will definitely enhance that.

MaitaiFluff

Ok ladies give me your opinion lately I have been putting on foundation or concealer under my eyes and maybe on my nose and using the FM BP all over instead of you know foundation on my whole face, some blush, mascara and l/s for a daytime thing. My daughter asked if I was wearing makeup because of my blush nothing else which means WIN cus I am going for naked but better than :"> Soooooooo would any of you wear this In Place of foundation?  No my skin is not great but I am kinda fond of the FM BP which somehow seems to soften any discoloration {hopefully not just in my head}, wrinkles, pores etc. Thank the heavens I backed it up but I would like to know I have something else that performs the same miracle
I did while I was sick. I didn't want to do a full face because my skin felt as awful as I did, so moisturizer and the loose powder made me feel comfortable enough to leave the house.

shontay07108

Alright, I've flip flopped again. I want this powder. I cannot be left out of the loop. I want to go pick it up, though b/c I am too impatient to order. However, it's starting to snow and it's supposed to snow shower from now until tomorrow night. Hopefully, I can get outside tomorrow and get this magic powder.

elkaknits

thanks ladies

I think I will keep wearing my fabulous FM BP at home with brush and take the pressed with me for touch ups. And I believe I will try layering them! OK time to get experimenting. I have been holding onto this pressed and not playing with it cus I really do want the loose but if it doesn't work I will just exchange it for the loose later. I think they would probably melt it even if I haven't cracked it open just cus it is cosmetics? So wasteful. I always make a point of telling peeps if I did or didn't use something but a friend who works at macy's says it doesn't matter a return is shipped back :C

linainoz

Yes, I would wear this in [lace of foundation & did. It worked. But, I also think you could use it with the FM BP. I LOVE & hoarded lots of the FM BP as it is amazing. This powder can work with the FM BP for a really really nice finish. Like you, I always strive for that Naked but better natural look. This powder will definitely enhance that.
Ok, I'm going to bite. What is FM BP? I've tried to guess from the context, but I have no idea
huh2.gif

Latest posts