Nars Versus Mac Blushes

blinkymei

Okay, I hope I'm in the right forum... since I'm still trying to learn how to do makeup and stuff, I was wondering which blushes do you prefer and why (cost-wise, application, makes you break out [huge problem for me cuz I have oily/sensitive/acne prone skin])? I've heard that Nars is great but how about Mac? You can also discuss what you're favorite color is too... I'm trying to decide what to go for and I'm having the toughest time
th_dunno.gif

Kuuipo

You should try both brands out in person. Once I went NARS I never looked MAC in the blush department.....
both formulas are kind to oily, sensitive skin. Its a colour and texture issue, and for many people who shop at MAC-its a full service store so that promotes brand loyalty. MAC also brings new colours on the scene if you like change and trends. NARS only puts out a few new blushes every year because people who wear the NARS blushes often repurchase the same shades over and over.

melliquor

I love them both. Nars is more expensive but the quality is amazing. My favourite is Orgasm & Crazed. Orgasm is my second favourite blush of all time.

Nothing can top my Joyous from Mac. I LOVE THAT blush. I also really like Peachykeen, Melba, & Shy Beauty.

The pigmentation is awesome in both. I would go to the store and swatch the ones that think look nice. Maybe buy one from each and see what you prefer but most likely you would love both brands.

hunnybun

Nars blushes are one of the few times I cheat on MAC. I find the Nars quality to be so much better. I feel like the powder is more finely milled and applies more smoothly and evenly. It's true that Nars doesn't have as extensive of a color selection as MAC -- but I think they have ample choices for every shade range you're looking for. My personal go-tos are Luster (warm golden color with a bit of peach, great when you want a neutral flush without drawing attention to your cheeks or making them pink), Angelica (cool pink, very bright in the pan, but creates that perfect pretty pink flush when applied) and the all time cult favorite, Orgasam (peach w/ subtle gold shimmer -- pretty much looks good with everything and super low maintenance to apply). I have a ton of MAC blushes in all kinds of shades, but I find that I keep reaching for these three Nars colors again and again and that they are all I really need to keep me happy.
Hope that helps!

Blushbaby

I LOVE Nars blushes and own Sin, Crazed and Taj Mahal - the quality and pigment in them is amazing!! A lil' goes a long way.

I have loads of MAC blushers but have been completely overwhelmed by Crazed and Taj over the past couple of weeks. They seem to last longer on my skin than my MAC ones too. My skin is combo.

My fave MAC blushers are Loverush and Raizin.

I got MAC BP in Sweetness yesterday in the post so can't wait try this out!

Kiseki

I have both and I definitely prefer the NARS blushes, they're very pigmented but they have a sheerer finish to them allowing you to layer as desired without staining and still have that "from within" glow.

Pricier yes, but definitely better quality and their range of colors is quite sufficient in my opinion.

user79

I basically don't buy MAC blushes anymore, although that's what I started with. I prefer Nars & Bobbi Brown blushes now, I think the quality is much better. They are more pigmented and I really dislike all the sparkles and shit that MAC just looooves to put into their blushes. I prefer a matte or satin blush and then just add a highlight where I want it. The MAC blushes also seem to wear off faster on me and are so dusty in comparison to Nars & BB. I'd def check out both those lines, I think the quality of the blushes from both companies are very comparable. BB also makes wonderful cream blushes, better than the MAC ones by far. I guess it's a matter of preference but I'd rather invest in quality. Also, you can often find Nars blushes and stuff in swaps so that makes it a lot cheaper.

Strangely, my least fav blush from Nars is Orgasm!

Kuuipo

Honestly, my all all time favourite NARS blusher is Luster. My least favourite is Orgasm. It only sells because of the name, if it was called Peachfizz no one would buy it.

blinkymei

Thanks ladies... this was very helpful, so I guess I'll be getting a Nars blush soon. I like the Orgasm color but not the gold glitter in it, which brings me to another question: as a starter, how do choose the color? I remembered watching a youtube video from askmemakeup and she recommended two colors of blushes, what do you guys do and think?

Winthrop44

If you have sensitive skin I suggest trying 1 of each because NARS and my sensitive skin unfortunately do not get along. I haven't had any trouble with MAC blushes though.

ilorietta

I am NC25 and my fave NARS blusher is Deep Throat, to me the prettier version of Orgasm (I have it but DT is soooo much better!)

FiestyFemme

I like both and I tend to wear my MAC blushes more. Probably because I love pinks, and both my NARS blushes are peachy. I think they are better quality than MAC, but I find it hard to shell out $25 for one blush. MAC's new Beauty Powder Blushes are amazing though, and I find those more comparable to NARS. I have sensitive acne-prone skin too, and neither MAC nor NARS breaks me out. As far as colors go, I think I'd go for something pretty neutral as a beginner, then branch out into other colors once you feel comfortable and have application down pat.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkymei
Thanks ladies... this was very helpful, so I guess I'll be getting a Nars blush soon. I like the Orgasm color but not the gold glitter in it, which brings me to another question: as a starter, how do choose the color? I remembered watching a youtube video from askmemakeup and she recommended two colors of blushes, what do you guys do and think?

GINA and GILDA are two powder NARS blushes that are peach like Orgasm but have no sparkles. Gilda is slightly deeper than Gina.

mreichert

I prefer the Nars over MAC- yes, they are more pricey, but they last much longer. They apply very well and look more natural
smiles.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkymei

Check out this very helpful thread:

http://specktra.net/f188/favorite-na...=favorite+nars

Nox

I too prefer NARS blush (Orgasm) to the MAC variety. MAC always makes me look like a chalk board, I don't know how else to describe that icky matte, flat color it gives me.

Latest posts