Need help choosing a new concealer

Lashista

I'm in need of help choosing a new concealer and possibly a foundation. I have been using Mac Studio fix fluid foundation and Pro Longwear concealer for about 5 years, but for the past few months it's been looking cakey, and not really blending into my skin as it used to.
I think I need to try a dewy/luminous foundation, I have combination skin and the Mac Matte finish was jsut exaggerating it more.
I have my eye on Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation but I also need a new concealer.. I know shape tape and nars are so highly raved about, but I heard they both are drying..
If I use a luminous foundation finish, should my concealer also be a luminous finish, or a matte finish? I don't want to have dry matte spots all over my face after putting it on over my luminous foundation 😬 And any brands and formulas you gals could recommend I'd do much appreciate it! Thanks!

fabulousmoolah

I use sephora store brand concealer but I mix in a couple of drops or argan oil. I am over 40 and my under eyes will look crepe-y if concealer is too thick. The oil thins it out plus moisturizes the skin so you don't get the dried out cake.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Do you use a primer underneath foundation? Have you changed your moisturizer or sunscreen in the last five months?

Lashista

Do you use a primer underneath foundation? Have you changed your moisturizer or sunscreen in the last five months?
I don't use primer under my Foundation, I used Maybelline baby face a few times but it made my skin look even worse, and I haven't changed my moisturizer in a year

shellygrrl

Staff member
(Just wanted to make sure something else in your prep routine hadn't changed first.)

I used to have combo skin and tended to prefer light or medium coverage with a natural, semi-matte, or satin finish. One of my faves was Make Up For Ever Ultra HD. There's a broad shade range (expanded to 50 shades earlier this year), medium coverage, natural finish. As I recall, it applied well with either a brush or a beautyblender. I also liked It Cosmetics CC Cream's original formula in the silver tube (only 12 shades, so may be harder to match).

You can also mix your existing foundation with oil so it isn't so matte.

Latest posts