NEED weight loss motivation!!!!!

Piarpreet

Hey girls!

So I'm starting to feel like I actually need to lose weight. I no longer feel attractive, no matter the make up, the clothes...etc. And it is not just a matter of self-esteem, but a matter of health, since iI dont feel very comfortable with my self (physically). But got NO motivation whatsoever

Piarpreet

I pass on my university gym. It's embarrassing I work there.... lol I just need the motivation, not the control or measurement.

madeinbrklyn

i totally understand how you feel. i've been working out alone for the past couple of months...because i recently started feeling disgusted by my weight. my face is actually looking thinner now, and my stomach is slowly (very slowly lol) shrinking. all of my friends are super skinny...or too lazy to actually want to workout. but i believe in you, if you wanna lose weight..do it girl!

kaliraksha

The only way to motivate yourself is to get to the root of why you want to lose weight. Is it for your future? Are you tired of a certain experience of being overweight? There are a lot of good and bad reasons to lose weight, the ones that seem to work are the ones that you do for yourself. But please try to put it in a positive light and allow yourself the room to make mistakes, because no one eats "right" all the time.

I don't know... nothing has ever quite motivated me as much as the prospect of living longer and better sex!

Piarpreet

ive been on a "diet" and going to the gym for the past 4 weeks.... its slow, but its a matter of changing habits, making better choices, and being more active.

Started at 214 august 29th I'm at 207.4 as of today... slow but... a long way to go :(

Mac-Guy

Check out Weightwatcher 's online program: http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/www/online_01.aspx

Richelle83

It may sound a bit drastic but I know of a few that went on a fruit and water fast, worked out an hour a day and lost a significant amount of weight in a short time frame.

I will be starting tomorrow.

XicanaQueen

Here's a link to a forum on Reddit. Its a good way to motivate yourself. People post actual results and what they are doing to achieve their results. It's also a good support group.

http://www.reddit.com/r/loseit

maclovin baby

I'm in the same boat,I will be going to see my husbands family to mexico in december and I would love to lose at least 20 pds by then but I have no motivation.it just seems like there's always something better to do than workout not to mention my 2 year old gets mad when I even try to use my treadclimber.I think he likes playing with my love handles...yeah I thhink that might be it.ayways good luck girl!

Mac-Guy

It's more of a support group and being held accountable for what you eat/exercise/do, but it certainly helps to be connected with like-minded people to support each other.

Piarpreet

I wish I had to lose 20 lbs. My number is supposed to be 74, but I refuse to weigh what I was told is "my weight" which is 140lbs, so...64. :(
Need to be at 180 in mid-december, i'm graduating and want to look almost good for the pix...

I'm in the same boat,I will be going to see my husbands family to mexico in december and I would love to lose at least 20 pds by then but I have no motivation.it just seems like there's always something better to do than workout not to mention my 2 year old gets mad when I even try to use my treadclimber.I think he likes playing with my love handles...yeah I thhink that might be it.ayways good luck girl!

Mac-Guy

Take it slowly, one pound at a time. There is no overnight cure, but you are going in the right direction. Just keep going and start exercising more rigorously (cardio!).

Brittni

The motivation you should get to want to work out is that AMAZING feeling post-work out!! ;) And then watching the numbers drop in a healthy manner. Best of luck!

Honey&LemonGirl

Maybe find a workout partner who has similar goals to you (like similar starting weight, etc.)? My girlfriend & I don't live in the same state anymore, but we've decided to become long-distance workout partners. We keep each other on track and it makes you more likely to exercise since someone will hold you accountable if you don't. It's been working out great for us so far!

Piarpreet

@ brittni well, if by healthy u mean slow... hahaha that's exactly whats happening. I'm starting to like weight lifting but I'm literally still hating cardio. It exhausts me...i'm so unhealthy I cant run a mile yet. It's draining, my heart rate freaks out... its just a big mess....

@honey&lemongirl I have a friend who is 10 lbs lighter, but she is eating normal (as in yummy foods that are prolly not that healthy for you) and she only joins me for weight lifting NOT cardio... still she is dropping at a faster rate.... But ya.... In the end we r alone and we loose the weight on our own....

maclovin baby

oh no honey i dont only have to lose 20,i need to lose at least 80 but that is not going to happen in 10 weeks so i set my goal at 20.my sister does weight watchers and she has been losing weight,but i have a thyroid problem which makes it super difficult to lose weight even with dieting and exercise.ughhh

Mac-Guy

Hahaha I did listen to you since u said cardio i've been doing more. From 20-30 mins to an hour.
Just add a few minutes of cardio each time and you will see you can do it. It helps to watch tv, especially if they do like marathon runs of ANTM or Millionaire's Matchmaker.

Latest posts