New batch of fakes released?

Cyanide.Candy

Now, I'm only guessing here, but does anyone know if there's a new batch of fakes doing the rounds?

The only reason I ask is because there seems to be large supply of the same colours on eBay atm, particularly on the UK site.

The colours that keep cropping up are:

Bright Fuschia
Genuine Orange
Grape
Clear Blue Sky
Polished Ivory
Nocturnal Plum
Pastorale

along with a few others...

Now the packaging on these looks to be legit - no more thick bases, stickers where they should be, colour names on the stickers - not just a number etc. they look very good.

Along with the same colours being sold by a multitude of sellers, another alarm bell was the fact that some sellers were describing the boxes as being "worn"..

Anyone know anything else?

abbyquack

Interesting...I don't know b/c I don't ever look at pigments on line- there's too much of a risk for fakes, imo. You just never know. Let us know if you find anything else though
smiles.gif

panda0410

These colours were all circulating in the same group of fakes last year.

These could be more of them, but you'd have to look at them individually to see. I know there are more fakes than authentic pigments on ebay atm, it never used to be this way
ssad.gif

Exotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
These colours were all circulating in the same group of fakes last year.

These could be more of them, but you'd have to look at them individually to see. I know there are more fakes than authentic pigments on ebay atm, it never used to be this way

yep panda is right. they were circulating around ebay last year. ebay australia definately has more fake than real mac. it's pathetic. I rarely buy pigments now.. and when I do it's from sellers I trust.

Cyanide.Candy

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I just searched through some old threads - definitely the same as the batches around last year methinks.

I was delighted to see some Pro shades like Genuine Orange and Bright Fuchsia etc... around, I wouldn't chance buying them now though, it's all too likely they'll be fakes.

It's seriously scary how good they are getting at copying the packaging, but especially the pigment itself - right down to the texture and the way it "balls" in little clumps.. scary stuff!
ssad.gif

Exotica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide.Candy
seriously scary how good they are getting at copying the packaging, but especially the pigment itself - right down to the texture and the way it "balls" in little clumps.. scary stuff!
ssad.gif

I know what you mean. almost every item has been faked now.. pigments, blushes, dazzleglasses, quads, lipsticks, you name it.. i'm waiting until the day I see my beloved pro pan refills faked.. they're the only items I feel safe buying on ebay *sigh*

cloudsweare

Big question from a specktra and MAC newbie about these fakes.

I order from the Mac site and the Mac site only. But, since I am not a pro member and don't have a store around. I was thinking about ordering Marine Ultra pigment from a site called Bridgette's Boutique. Anyone ordered from there? Are they legit? After reading this about the fake Pro pigments I'm a wee bit scared.

iadoremac

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareclouds
Big question from a specktra and MAC newbie about these fakes.

I order from the Mac site and the Mac site only. But, since I am not a pro member and don't have a store around. I was thinking about ordering Marine Ultra pigment from a site called Bridgette's Boutique. Anyone ordered from there? Are they legit? After reading this about the fake Pro pigments I'm a wee bit scared.

Alot of specktralites order from bridgettes boutique and people say shes legit

cloudsweare

^Thank you.
smiles.gif

Also about the ordering over the phone. I'm going to have to look and see if there is a PRO store close enough to me that will ship without costing a fortune. I think there is one in Louisville. But, I'm not sure. Have to look at the store locater.
greengrin.gif

Latest posts