New here! Help please! =]

xtiffineyx

Hi everyone! I was wondering if you guys could help me out with my makeup.

I buy all my makeup from the drugstore/walmart, but I'd be open to trying to find something on the net.

I don't really know what colors look best on me, but I feel like gold looks good on my eyes, and anything with a purplish undertone looks good on my lips.

I'm completely lost when it comes to blush though, it never looks right.

I'm naturally pretty pale, but my moisturizer has the gradual self tanner in it, so I have SOME color due to it. Here's a recent picture with my godson:

l_dbda0ddde192aece1fdc81ab78e7a74c.jpg

Any Rec's would be appreciated! I feel like I'm stuck in a rut
ssad.gif

browneyedbaby

Hmm, blush... Nars Orgasm (would look great on you!!)... Mac Blushbaby/Pink Swoon/Pinch o'Peach/Buff... Benefit Dandelion... well there's a few to look at. You'd look lovely with a light sweep of a medium bronzer too.

Oh, and welcome!!

laguayaca

First off you are gorgeous! Try the new FaFi blushes I think they would look great on everyone! MAC shadow: Goldmine, Amber Lights Pigment: Melon! Flirt which you could buy at Kohls department stores have alot of colors similar to MAC and the payoff is pretty good!

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguayaca
First off you are gorgeous! Try the new FaFi blushes I think they would look great on everyone! MAC shadow: Goldmine, Amber Lights Pigment: Melon! Flirt which you could buy at Kohls department stores have alot of colors similar to MAC and the payoff is pretty good!

Thanks! I looked up Goldmine, and I really like it, so I'm gonna try to get some of that.

I don't live near anything, literally. The closest Kohl's is over an hour away. Do they sell mac at places like Belk (It was formerly Elder Beerman @ our mall)? Or places like Macy's?

user79

I can def see you in Nars Desire, Deep Throat, Luster and Gilda blushes!

I think green eyeshadow tones would work really nicely with your colouring.

mariecinder

I second, you are gorgeous! I see you in MAC eyeshadows like Mulch, Antiqued (really brings out my blue eyes), Goldmine, and Sable. I think blushes like Pink Swoon and Springsheen would look great on you too! As for lips, I'd love to see you in bright pinks like Bombshell or Lovelorn.

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
I second, you are gorgeous! I see you in MAC eyeshadows like Mulch, Antiqued (really brings out my blue eyes), Goldmine, and Sable. I think blushes like Pink Swoon and Springsheen would look great on you too! As for lips, I'd love to see you in bright pinks like Bombshell or Lovelorn.

All those colors are gorgeous! I'm gonna start saving my money so I can get my hands on as many of them as I can!

You all have been so helpful! Thanks so much =]

xtiffineyx

Also, could anyone tell me if they think I'm cool or warm toned?? I tried looking at my veins, but I honestly couldn't tell.

SquirrelQueen

You're so pretty---you look like you really don't need makeup!

If you get a chance, you might want to schedule a makeover with the nearest MAC counter. You can locate stores (freestanding MAC stores as well as counters in department stores) on the website, http://www.maccosmetics.com

Sometimes it can be a little intimidating to order MAC, or any cosmetic, on the Internet---at least until you get a feel for the colors they use. Swatches can look different on you monitor than they do in person. Do look here on Spektra for swatches of colors that you think you might like. Also look on eBay---can't necessarily recommend buying cosmetics on eBay because there are some unscrupulous sellers---but you might get a better idea of what will work for you when you see the different swatches that are posted with the auctions.

Oh, and
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

xtiffineyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelQueen
You're so pretty---you look like you really don't need makeup!

If you get a chance, you might want to schedule a makeover with the nearest MAC counter. You can locate stores (freestanding MAC stores as well as counters in department stores) on the website, M·A·C Cosmetics

Sometimes it can be a little intimidating to order MAC, or any cosmetic, on the Internet---at least until you get a feel for the colors they use. Swatches can look different on you monitor than they do in person. Do look here on Spektra for swatches of colors that you think you might like. Also look on eBay---can't necessarily recommend buying cosmetics on eBay because there are some unscrupulous sellers---but you might get a better idea of what will work for you when you see the different swatches that are posted with the auctions.

Oh, and
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

Yay! There is one relatively close to me! I'm gonna check it out as soon as I'm down that way again.

Thanks for the compliment but I definitely have to wear makeup. My skin isn't the greatest. I have big pores, & my chin is almost constantly broke out. I'm so jealous of girls with perfect skin. In that picture I have on L'Oreal Mineral makeup, eyeshadow as eyeliner, mascara, & I think I had on Good Glowing in After Glow by Mark. I read the reviews on MA and they said that it was really similar to Orgasm.

You all have been so nice and wonderful I'm so glad I found this site!

Latest posts