New Mac store in Union Square, NYC

Ernie

MAC Cosmetics makes Union Square deal By REW Staff 8:00 AM, JUNE 19, 2014 M·A·C Cosmetics is staking a claim to Union Square, signing a long-term lease at 853 Broadway, announced The Feil Organization, the building’s owner and manager. The store is expected to open in time for the holiday 2014 shopping season. M·A·C Cosmetics will occupy space on the ground floor, and have a two-level storefront with 25 feet of frontage along 14th Street, giving it visibility in the expanding retail district, said Brian Feil, vice president of leasing for The Feil Organization. “In recent years, Union Square has become a new headquarters for style. Other retailers in the area include Nordstrom Rack, lululemon athletica, an upcoming Reebok Fit Hub and CrossFit gym, and one of the best Whole Foods Markets in the country,” said Feil, who represented the building in the transaction. “M·A·C Cosmetics is a perfect complement to that fashionable shopper.” M·A·C (Make-up Art Cosmetics), a brand of professional cosmetics, was created in Toronto, Canada, in 1984 and is part of The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. M·A·C was represented in the lease transaction by RKF’s Robert Cohen and Jackie Totolo. Located at the southwest corner of Broadway and 14th Street, the 157,000 s/f 853 Broadway is in the heart of the retail district in and around Union Square. Pedestrian traffic totals 350,000 people daily, and nearly 250,000 consumers visit the nearby Union Square Greenmarket weekly. The Union Square subway station is the fourth busiest in New York City, with more than 34 million riders yearly. A façade renovation for the first five floors of the 21-floor office building will be completed in July. In addition, Feil is upgrading the rest of the storefront around M·A·C.“With a stunning new glass façade extending four floors, this will be a standout building in Union Square,” Brian Feil added. “The addition of M·A·C will make it even more of a landmark in the area.”

Dalshandra

MAC Cosmetics makes Union Square deal By REW Staff 8:00 AM, JUNE 19, 2014 M·A·C Cosmetics is staking a claim to Union Square, signing a long-term lease at 853 Broadway, announced The Feil Organization, the building’s owner and manager. The store is expected to open in time for the holiday 2014 shopping season. M·A·C Cosmetics will occupy space on the ground floor, and have a two-level storefront with 25 feet of frontage along 14th Street, giving it visibility in the expanding retail district, said Brian Feil, vice president of leasing for The Feil Organization. “In recent years, Union Square has become a new headquarters for style. Other retailers in the area include Nordstrom Rack, lululemon athletica, an upcoming Reebok Fit Hub and CrossFit gym, and one of the best Whole Foods Markets in the country,” said Feil, who represented the building in the transaction. “M·A·C Cosmetics is a perfect complement to that fashionable shopper.” M·A·C (Make-up Art Cosmetics), a brand of professional cosmetics, was created in Toronto, Canada, in 1984 and is part of The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. M·A·C was represented in the lease transaction by RKF’s Robert Cohen and Jackie Totolo. Located at the southwest corner of Broadway and 14th Street, the 157,000 s/f 853 Broadway is in the heart of the retail district in and around Union Square. Pedestrian traffic totals 350,000 people daily, and nearly 250,000 consumers visit the nearby Union Square Greenmarket weekly. The Union Square subway station is the fourth busiest in New York City, with more than 34 million riders yearly. A façade renovation for the first five floors of the 21-floor office building will be completed in July. In addition, Feil is upgrading the rest of the storefront around M·A·C.“With a stunning new glass façade extending four floors, this will be a standout building in Union Square,” Brian Feil added. “The addition of M·A·C will make it even more of a landmark in the area.”
I saw this over the summer and I'm so excited! Another place to stalk! I've been trying to figure out which winter collections will actually be out when it opens for sure! Early stalking plans are a must! :D

This is great news !!!!!! my wallet is less excited .....
sweatdrop.gif

Ms. Z

This store had the largest stock of the Brooke Shields and Rocky Horror Show collection and it is the only store in New York City that will carry the kinky boots collection. FYI: some of the employees are not very friendly and at least one is not very knowledgeable (she told a customer that the Brooke Shields pallete consisted of all Limited Edition shadows).

Ernie

This store had the largest stock of the Brooke Shields and Rocky Horror Show collection and it is the only store in New York City that will carry the kinky boots collection. FYI: some of the employees are not very friendly and at least one is not very knowledgeable (she told a customer that the Brooke Shields pallete consisted of all Limited Edition shadows).
are you talking about the Times Square store?

Dalshandra

I went to the farmers market at the square 2 weeks ago and they had a construction shed covering the full facade of the site with pretty images and big letters that I'm pretty sure said MAC November 2014. This makes sense with them being ready for holiday releases. I didn't think this store had already opened yet as I am super psyched for it and I thought my MAC spidey sense would have started tingling if it had opened but I'll try to visit Union square this week to take a peek.

Ms. Z

OOOOPS! I misread the thread and confused Union Square with Time Square (red faced). The store with a large amount of stock is the Time Square store on 46th Street & Broadway, 646-355-0296.

NaturallyUrs

Yesssss (I can walk there from job!)

19ten20

Does anyone know anything about the new MAC Youth Stores? There is supposed to be one opening in NYC. I am curious to know what the difference is between it and the regular MAC stores.

Dalshandra

IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN!!! Just came back from Union Square and this new location is open for business! I didn't have time to shop but one of the SA's said they just opened yesterday! They will have the Prabal Gurung collection if anyone is hoping to pick up an item that was sold out online and of course as with brand new stores they have a full set of hardly molested testers of all the MAC products.
pompom.gif

mel33t

IT'S OPEN IT'S OPEN!!! Just came back from Union Square and this new location is open for business! I didn't have time to shop but one of the SA's said they just opened yesterday! They will have the Prabal Gurung collection if anyone is hoping to pick up an item that was sold out online and of course as with brand new stores they have a full set of hardly molested testers of all the MAC products. :pompom:
I'm so excited! That's right by my office. :stars:

Latest posts