New Maybelline Expert Wear Shadows

astronaut

I ran into these while I was at Walgreens and they were 3.49 with a dollar coupon off so they ended up being 2.49 each. There was a display and a tester for the turquoise shade and I thought it was pretty good so I grabbed three shades of the high shine pearl (or something like that) formula. They had matte and shimmer shades too but I wasn't too impressed with them as I was with these. They are awessommeee! It says that they are a new formula. I'm so impressed that this came from a drugstore. I've never seen drugstore shadows so vibrant before. Not chalky at all. I tried putting the green shade and the turquoise shade on both of my eyes before I took a shower, with a brush, without a base, and they were still very pigmented. I haven't even tried them with a base yet. I think they are pretty good quality in general, not just for the price. (But ESPECIALLY for the price!) I think I'll post an FOTD with them one day soon, when I feel like wearing makeup. I haven't been wearing makeup at all lately.

I made swatches too:

w/o a base
maybellineresizepz7.jpg

Holly

Hehe you bought the ones I was playing with when I made the display in my store
greengrin.gif
They're definitely pretty nice, especially for the price. My fave is the Antique Jade, gorgeous!

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsweettart
pretty! those kinda look like UD deluxe shadows

Grafitti is more bright green with way less pearl than the Maybelline Antique Jade. Peace is also brighter and less pearly than the Maybelline Turqoise Jewel. Anndd the exact same goes for Fishnet vs. Amethyst. And Fishnet has more of that duotone with the purple and bluish or whatever. Maybelline = more pearly and darker than the Urban Decay Deluxe shadows, they wouldn't be close to being considered substitutes at all but still nice!
thmbup.gif

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
i need to go to my local Walgreens and check to see if they have them.

I've seen them at Longs, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. I think I saw some at Target too. At the drugstores, they should be on a display on a table or something instead of with the rest the Maybelline stuff. Sadly, it seems like each store only gets like 3 of each colour
ssad.gif

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I've seen them at Longs, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. I think I saw some at Target too. At the drugstores, they should be on a display on a table or something instead of with the rest the Maybelline stuff. Sadly, it seems like each store only gets like 3 of each colour
ssad.gif

do you think they are going to replace the old formula eyeshadows with the new formula eyeshadows? after seeing the swatches that you made, i rather purchase the new formula ones.

xiahe

ooo i'm going to have to check those out, especially that antique jade - looks gorgeous!!! =D

vina

I picked up Sparkling Wine and Amethyst @ target for $2.69 each. When trying on Sparkling Wine I noticed it looked very close to Mac's Trax! Sparkling Wine has a more wine(dark red if you will) shimmer to it. Not too much of a difference.

Taken without a base with flash(colors remained true to what they look like in real life)

swatch.jpg

swatch2.jpg

Katja

I saw these at Walmart yesterday. I was really interested in the turquoise shade, and I noticed that Antique Jade reminded me too much of Humid, which I already own. I'll be going back for the turquoise shade though. It's hot.

astronaut

Okay, I finally bought a shimmer shade and I must say that I do not like it at all. The shimmer makes the shadow turn out looking and feeling chalky. So I guess only the high pearl shine formulas are the super shadows here. I haven't tried matte yet, but I'm not a fan of matte to begin with so..