new skincare regime anxiety

kimmy

my current skin care routine appears to have stopped working since half of my face is breaking out. so, after talking to a couple ladies with gorgeous skin, i decided to try clinique's three step system.

i'm kind of anxious, a little scared it will make my skin worse. i always get nervous when i start using a new product on my face.

does this happen with any of you ladies or gentlemen? or am i just batshit?

SuSana

You're not crazy, it freaks me out too. When I had acne I was rec'd to try the 3 step and it made my skin worse. It was so drying, I had to stop using it. I've been using Proactiv for years and have never been happier with my skin.

Good luck, hope it turns out well
smiles.gif

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
You're not crazy, it freaks me out too. When I had acne I was rec'd to try the 3 step and it made my skin worse. It was so drying, I had to stop using it. I've been using Proactiv for years and have never been happier with my skin.

Good luck, hope it turns out well
smiles.gif

yeah some of the reviews i read on sephora's website said it was drying so i'm a little nervous about that. i used proactiv when i was younger and it made my skin gorgeous for a few months!

FiestyFemme

My skin is sensitive & very acne-prone, so I'm always freaked out to try something new. I'm always hopeful that it will work, but I also know the irritation and breakouts that could happen if it doesn't.

LMD84

hun i get exactly the same as you! even if it's a new foundation! anything new on my face freaks me out and i get stressed it will flare up my skin.

i have tried the 3 step system and it did nothing for my skin
ssad.gif
now i use clarins products and they work very well. not drying and don't break me out at all

Candy Christ

I get so nervous trying out new products on my skin, I'm just really afraid of allergic reactions and such. I use Clinique's 3-Step system and I like it a lot. My skin isn't bad at all (I've never had acne or anything) but I have sensitive skin and Clinique doesn't bother it at all. It can be drying but I think that as long as you moisturize, your skin will be fine.

I would just say to make sure you use the type best suited for your skin. Like I know sometimes I'll try to use something too strong and it just really dries my skin. But I think Clinique is really good for any skin as long as you follow the system (twice a day, all 3 steps). Hopefully that helped somewhat and feel free to ask me anything about it!

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Christ
I get so nervous trying out new products on my skin, I'm just really afraid of allergic reactions and such. I use Clinique's 3-Step system and I like it a lot. My skin isn't bad at all (I've never had acne or anything) but I have sensitive skin and Clinique doesn't bother it at all. It can be drying but I think that as long as you moisturize, your skin will be fine.

I would just say to make sure you use the type best suited for your skin. Like I know sometimes I'll try to use something too strong and it just really dries my skin. But I think Clinique is really good for any skin as long as you follow the system (twice a day, all 3 steps). Hopefully that helped somewhat and feel free to ask me anything about it!

I agree with this. I started out using Clinique as a kid, and it worked really well, but then I went back to it about 2 yrs ago and it didn't work. Little did I realize how much my skin had changed, so I had to go down in strength. From Type 3 to Type 2. Still that stupid clarifying lotion was too strong so I went down to #1 on that (Mild made my face burn). Eventually I moved on to Alba toner (best decision) Then I switched from DDML to the 2 age defense moisturizers. Now it's perfect.

So yeah, I'm saying all that to tell you good luck and give it a fair shot, but make changes where you need to.

The only other trick I've noticed is applying your moisturizer to damp or damp-ish skin if you can. That will prevent any dryness issues...

SmokeSignal16

Yeah I remember when I first started using Clinique when I got the job with them. I was sooo nervous on changing my routine! It didn't work too bad for me for the 2 years but then my skin must have changed or something because it doesn't seem like it works to well with me anymore (the 3 step that is) but yeah you do really have to make some adjustments with it. I have had my own customers that said it would be too dry for them when they started and it would take me a try or 2 to get it right for them (we have to sell it a certain way but now and days I do what's best for my customers not them) so I would give it a shot and see what it does and if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

sayonara

I've been using the Clinique Acne Solutions 3 Step for about a month now, maybe a little longer and my skin hasn't been better in a long time. The "moisturizer" is what drys me out, I still use it but then I put cetaphil on it after it drys completely and my skin has had little to no breakouts since.

I used to use another Clinique 3 Step, I think it was for skin type 3 or something and it didn't really do much for me. I needed something more geared toward acne I think.

I will say that when I started the acne solutions, my skin did get worse (a lot worse) before it got better. I don't know why that is but it works great now (I also use a neutrogena wave in the morning in the shower, I don't know if that makes a difference or not other than it makes my face smooth but I still use the clinique cleanser after I use the wave)

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
How's it going, Kimmy? Did you end up with the Clinique?

it's going well! i have some scars from a medical issue from years ago that have gotten a little lighter even (though i'm seriously considering getting the lasered because they won't completely go away on their own.) my monthly (damn my life!!!!) breakout appears to be under slightly better control with clinique also, but it's totally hormonal so i guess the clinique just cleans better or something so the added dirty isn't there to make it worse.

looove the clarifying lotion, i love the little stinging sensation it gives you. makes me feel like my skin is getting all nice and cleeean!

Latest posts