New Specktra platform feedback and bug reporting

bis

Hi,

wanted to give my feedback:

I love the new layout, very clean and sleek and very readable. Really like it a lot.

But I unfortunately have some issues with the site on Safari. New posts work or not, as it is now a script and not an input window. And using the site with my iPhone (iOS4) is not fun either.

Apart from that, I like it a lot. Thanks for doing it and keeping the site updated
smiles.gif

LittleMaryJane

I'm not seeing this when I search. Looks nice and classy, great work! But why are the user pics such awful quality! So low res they make the eyes bleed, especially in profile view
ssad.gif
My avatar was looking awful when the new site launched too but I just uploaded a different file and it was fine. The resizing much have gone wonky or something?
th_dunno.gif

Rinstar

For some reason the thumbs up feature has not worked on my Ipad. Works fine from my desktop, but when I try to give someone a thumbs up on the Ipad, it doesn't happen.

MzzRach

I miss the old thanks count for many reasons.
The one thing lacking with the new thumbs up option that replaced the old thanks function is you can no longer pull up a page to see who gave you feedback on which posts - the old thanks function was fantastic for tracking threads. I am really missing that function.

I am also finding that everything I post a reply to a thread, I get automatically subscribed to it, but that is probably a settings thing that I need to change.

elegant-one

For some reason the thumbs up feature has not worked on my Ipad. Works fine from my desktop, but when I try to give someone a thumbs up on the Ipad, it doesn't happen.
Yep - I posted that previously. Me too - it works on my laptop but not my ipad. On my ipad it takes me to wiki when I click the 'thumbs up'

MAC_Whore

Looking good, Janice!

My only site quirk is that I am a platinum member and seeing ads. Other than that, all's well.

Thanks for your hard work.
smiles.gif

Janice

Hi Jen, good to see you and good to hear that you're enjoying the new site. All you need to do to fix the ad issue is visit your "Edit Account Details" details page (located on your profile), scroll to the bottom and check the "Turn off advertising" box. Should fix you right up!

Janice

Hi all, an update has been pushed live. The biggest fix you all may notice is that we've changed the background color a bit. Those of you who were experiencing trouble with the high contrast background should be a bit more at ease now.
smiles.gif

Ember2

Since the new platform change I haven't visted much because most of the pages take a long time to load and I get hung up and not responding pages on a regular basis.

PlatinumV

Please, give me back the old interface, I can't find anything!
Plus, even now that I am writing here, I result off line O_O
I am unable to answer!!! This is the 5th time I try to submit a post!

bis

Plus, even now that I am writing here, I result off line O_O I am unable to answer!!! This is the 5th time I try to submit a post!

Could you maybe specify which browser you are using? That might help to narrow down the problem.
Did you get an error message when you could not post?

When I have issues posting the site kind of reloads and is it like I never posted. Or just nothing happens, even after multiple clicks on the buttons.

banana1234

Could you maybe specify which browser you are using? That might help to narrow down the problem.
Did you get an error message when you could not post?

When I have issues posting the site kind of reloads and is it like I never posted. Or just nothing happens, even after multiple clicks on the buttons.
same here, i use safari

ps thanks janice for the background change, it really does make things a lot better, its hard to believe because its such a subtle difference.

LittleMaryJane

^ I read that the background was different and I was like "really?!" It never bothered me before anyway.

I use Safari and I haven't had a single problem with anything. Just in case anyone wanted to know
greengrin.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane

^ I read that the background was different and I was like "really?!" It never bothered me before anyway.

I use Safari and I haven't had a single problem with anything. Just in case anyone wanted to know
greengrin.gif

Are you using Safari on Mac or on Windows? Very curious.

InspiredBlue

The WYSISWYG editor is making it hard to handle quote boxes. Example: if I use the quote button and then start typing my reply, my text ends up inside the quote box, and I have trouble getting a new blank line outside of it. If I hit enter, I just get a new line of text inside the box. I've found that if I type above the quote, I can later cut and paste the quote so it ends up in the top of the post, but that's such an unnecessary hassle. Before I would just type outside the tags and be sure everything ended up where I wanted it to be.

(Safari 5.0.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.4)

traxter

hi i'm using firefox and well the forum is so much harder to read now. for the threads..i can't tell if there's even been a new post..like in the mac collections forum and product swatches.

i really think that the website is a big improvement but the forum is so much harder to read now.

the bright white is too glaring and generic. the old forum had so much character and fit the site better IMHO.

banana1234

hello janice! me again! i cant load pages with high volumes of pictures eg swatch threads, ive thought it was my computer/connection but i couldnt do it on my boyfriends pc at his house either

sailordom

I will chime in with the users experiencing issues with Safari on iOS (my device is an iPhone 4GS). Clicking on the "thumbs up" button takes me to the "export to wiki" page and won't add my thumb up to the post.

Replying by quoting a message is also tricky, because the message field displays the original post I'm quoting with code instead of a WYSIWYG text editor. If I just want to quote part of a message, I have to muddle through a ton of div tags -- not game-breaking, but very inconvenient.

The forums are also very, very slow now, with pages now often taking minutes to load.

Latest posts