New VG shirts

ms.marymac

OK MAC Employees...How are you guys wearing these? I got a medium and it's HUGE. Have any of you preformed surgery on yours? The picture is so big I am afraid to cut too much. If I wear it as is, I'm afraid I will look like a bad 80's flashback! Maybe I can throw my hair into a banana clip.
lol.gif

maxcat

Get out the scissors, the ribbon and the bedazzler if you've got one. We all did major surgery on ours... we all look like a bunch of flashdance rejects but it beats looking like you're in your p-js!!

lara

A couple of girls here have cut out the picture entirely, then sewn it onto another better-fitting but similar shirt as a patch. Not strictly uniform legal, but like Maxcat said, better than looking like you're wandering around in a pajama shirt.

MisStarrlight

We've only worn them once in about 3 months....but yes, we all have done surgery on ours too (I got mine 3 sizes too small so it actually fit me & I only had to make cosmetic modifications to it)

Either that, or wear them with high waisted belts w/ leggings

ms.marymac

Thanks for the imput everyone. I might have to go to one of those DYI sites. I can't sew very well. The picture on mine is closer the the sideseam on one side-all cock-eyed.

amoona

Well I don't work for MAC but one of the managers at our counter wore hers (the only time I ever saw ne1 wear theirs) with black leggings and a waist belt. Like someone suggested above. It looked super cute and was totally "MAC".

FacesbyNiki

the white ones? I don't really care for those. I like the black EveryDAy is Worlds Aids day shirts. That fits me fine.
smiles.gif

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
the white ones? I don't really care for those. I like the black EveryDAy is Worlds Aids day shirts. That fits me fine.
smiles.gif

Yes...I have the World AIDS day from last year and that one is huge as well. Atleast it doesn't bring up images of Flashdance on me though.
lol.gif

You know what? Speaking of shirts, I miss getting a shirt with every big collection!

maxcat

I'm gonna get that Generation T book... because I don't know if y'all noticed... but we've gotten TWO horrible boxy t's in the last year. Makes me think they're cheaper - so more are likely on the horizon. The World Aids Day one this year has such a great design on it... but it's a huge man's t-shirt. I dunno if they noticed... but the long sleeve narrow cut t-s look better on everyone - including the guys!!!

giz2000

I have the "Everday is World AIDS Day" shirt and the entire counter I worked at that day (not at Nordies...we would have never been allowed to wear it this way there!) made them into halters... they looked really cute!

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
I'm gonna get that Generation T book... because I don't know if y'all noticed... but we've gotten TWO horrible boxy t's in the last year. Makes me think they're cheaper - so more are likely on the horizon. The World Aids Day one this year has such a great design on it... but it's a huge man's t-shirt. I dunno if they noticed... but the long sleeve narrow cut t-s look better on everyone - including the guys!!!

Yep...and imagine if we rolled up into work wearing a black T-Shirt that fit the same. I don't think that would fly!
lol.gif

shabdebaz

Yeah, why don't they give us LADIES t-shirts as opposed to MENS??? I still haven't figured out that one yet!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Yes...I have the World AIDS day from last year and that one is huge as well. Atleast it doesn't bring up images of Flashdance on me though.
lol.gif

You know what? Speaking of shirts, I miss getting a shirt with every big collection!

I guess, I'm not as small as some of you gals but that one fits me great.
lol.gif
lol.gif

The 'twins' need room to breath.
rofl.gif

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
I guess, I'm not as small as some of you gals but that one fits me great.
lol.gif
lol.gif

The 'twins' need room to breath.
rofl.gif

The twins over here have to much room to breathe...but that's pretty much the case with any shirt...
lol.gif
if ya know what I mean.

pale blue

I don't work for MAC, but all the women at the counter in my store had their shirts tailored into ladies shirts. They look so much better with the smaller sleeves and shorter lengths, but they still kept the original look of them.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
The twins over here have to much room to breathe...but that's pretty much the case with any shirt...
lol.gif
if ya know what I mean.

lmao.gif
lmao.gif

Latest posts