New Wonderful Hair that Brightened My Cloudy Day FOTD

Colorqueen

I have on no makeup in this photo collection, which is obvious but I just wanted to show you all my new hair. It is a fun style- fresh out of the package, so it will be a bit fluffier on top once I mess with it more.

This was a really interesting acquisition- cost me next to nothing and came at the perfect time to brighten what started to be a very bad day.

I just HAD to share it with you all.

I can not wait to take it for a test drive, even if it only is to Wendy's for a baked potato!
greengrin.gif

provacative4.jpg

provacativewig2.jpg

provacativewigbigsmile.jpg

Vixen

Ooo how fun!
When I was a redhead I found the best way to maintain my bright red was to use Fudge in Corvette every couple of weeks to keep it bright.
I also used this one shampoo/conditioner set called ruby red. Kept the red bright cuz it fades fast!

Love the hair! Beautiful brings out your eyes! You should continue it.. I want to do mine like that again, I had it like that, now Im just dark brown and platinum highlights.. You Rock with your new hair!!

MissLorsie

i think i like you best with red/brunette hair - makes your eyes stand out and POP..

I think i like the layered dark brown one with red streaks the best. you looked HOT HOT HOT with that wig - i love the waves in your new wig - great purchase!!

giz2000

Red hair really makes your skin glow....and I have to say...you look super young in these pictures....fabulous smile!
clap.gif

Chic 2k6

I'm liking the hair!

May i ask a question? I dont wanna offend you, but how come you wear alot of different wigs/hairstyles? im just curious, ive seen alot of your looks and each one suits you fab!

pumpkincat210

Where do you get your hair? Wigs have come along way since my grandma's curly grey one.
I heard Jessica Simpson is coming out with her new line, i'm curious to see whats out there.

Juneplum

wow! look at you, you fresh faced beauty you!!! ur such a pretty lady
clap.gif
love your new wig too! red = HAWT!

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
I'm liking the hair!

May i ask a question? I dont wanna offend you, but how come you wear alot of different wigs/hairstyles? im just curious, ive seen alot of your looks and each one suits you fab!

Hiya! You don't offend me at all!

About 10 years ago or so I was getting my hair done at a salon and my stylist (who knew how to do my hair and that I was very particular as to what product I could use due to sensitivites) used a new perm on me without telling me.

She plopped it on my head and then this creepy lady came in and started talking to her and she sat down and kept talking. :shedevil: She just wanted to have a conversation with this horrible woman and ignore me.

I started to complain about my head burning and she ignored me still.
th_remoteImage-61.gif
Finally I asked her to check it and she got all irritated at me, checked my hair and then told me that I was just fine.
angry.gif

It took a lot of complaining and hollering before she took my hair out and rinsed it- by then my head was on fire.
th_crazy.gif

Not only did my hair completely fry, but I paid $70 for the privilege of having my head so severely burned that my hair would not grow out past 4 inches on a large circle in the back of my head.

Then it would break off and never grew out past a few inches.

I tried everything for a few years to get it to come back- treatments, nutrition, everything. Nothing helped and I began to fall into a deep depression.
cry.gif

After a year of crying everytime I passed a window or mirror in public, my poor DH told me to get a wig.
th_crazy2.gif

I was horrified. Only old ladies and cancer patients wore them, in my mind.
rasta.gif

Finally I attended a huge design school day at a local school and met a woman with hair that I loved. I kept going on and on about it until she reluctantly told me that it was a wig. I would not believe her.
thud.gif

Eventually I tried my first wig- at clearance price of $140 I ruined in in the first week. The idiot at the store told me to use regular hair products on it- which ruined it completely.:eek2:

My second wig was in a catalog and it cost $80 (which for us is like $800 is to most people), and it was blonde. I was so paranoid that I kept asking my husband if I looked bizarre.
icon_eek.gif

Eventually I started to find out about catalogs through my mom (who got them because of being on older mailing lists) and magazines and I had a brief good job where I was able to buy several expensive wigs for around $80 each- a great price compared to the salons.

Then once I got on the clearance lists, I began to find very expensive wigs for only $30 or so and I was in love!
pompom.gif

The colors, however, were the ones that no one wanted, so I began to intensify my makeup training by MAKING every single color BELEIVABLE on me.

As time went on, because of the gels and the protection that I had on my hair all of the time, my head finally healed and I do not need to wear them anymore.
nanaparty.gif

The freedom and style that I discovered in them was so fabulous, however, that I kept on wearing them for fun, and to free me up on my clothing designing too- I can wear almost any color now, and make it look great- something that I could never do with my natural hair.

Also, I can have any style and color I desire, and when I tire of it, I simply change to another, or get my natural hair back right away. It is a dream come true.

Now, I only purchase unique designer stuff when it is a REALLY low price. I have quite a collection.
jawdrop.gif

Although I enjoy the change, for the first time in my life, I really am enjoying my natural hair too.
th_e2cloud9.gif

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
Where do you get your hair? Wigs have come along way since my grandma's curly grey one.
I heard Jessica Simpson is coming out with her new line, i'm curious to see whats out there.

I have four places that I like the best out of all of them. They have the nicest most consistent styles and great colors.

www.paulayoung.com
They have fabulous special colors- lighter front to darker back, but watch the quality. Reasonable prices for the most part. I love their SF colors more than any other color combination. I forget the name of those colors, but if they have SF in front of them, they are part of the great series that has three color integration -lighter from front to darker back.

www.especiallyyours.com
They are a sister company for paula young, but they are designed for darker ethnic complexions. They have the most dramatic and creative styles and reasonable prices. The dark one with the red stripes in it that everyone loves is from this company. This one is really good if you get a good wig, you have to watch each one carefully in case you get a faulty one.

www.beautytrends.com
Thicker hair and styles, and on the more expensive side, this company is from revlon and has some great stuff if you are patient and are willing to wait to find them. Nice assortment of styles for all ages. Again, most of their stuff is still below $100 , much of it below $60.

www.thewigcompany.com
Finally they JUST got a website. These wigs are the most natural and finer hair than the others. They have very good prices and I like their stuff best of all, but they do not always have younger styles available as much as I would like. They still have great stuff, and this particular wig that I have photos of in this thread is from there.

a914butterfly

that was such a heart breaking story, i feel for you. i really hope you sued that hair stylist or atleast took her ass to small claims court. that's such a shame that people would have no regard for others. you were her customer and her ignorance and ignoring you and seeming like you were bothering her made you suffer for her ignorance. but you do look astonishing both with your make-up and wigs. some of your looks gives me inspiration and i bought some sweetscents pigments because of you!

Latest posts