NYX shimmer powders

ms_junie

has anyone tried the nyx shimmer powders or "ULTRA PEARL PIGMENT LOOSE EYESHADOW " ?? any thoughts?

THanks!

pugmommy7

i wanna know too! i am always interested in other co.'s pigments. (for that matter l'oreal hip and milani as well)

mouthygirl95820

i have the loose pearl shadows (i think ur talkin about this one if not im sorry)and i highly recommend it to anyone.it was my first makeup ever and let me tell u i wasent dissapointed either.it gose on very silky and smooth.it has high pigment and a lil gose a long way. my fav of them that i have is lime, rust, and i think i have mink not sure its a gold brown lookin color.the only problem u might have is gettin ur stuff on the brush because the top is so small so id recommend pressin it into a powder but go and try it its cheap.

renee604

I have some of the loose pearl shadows. They are highly pigmented and go on very smooth. One thing I don't like is the packaging. It's kind of awkward to use without spilling some of the powder.

ms_junie

Hey guys thanks for the info. I was wondering if anyone knew how many applications you can get out of one of those vials? TIA

hannahjohnson

Hi, I have most of the collection of the NYX pigments (and all of the glitters, as well, and I see them as better, in some shades, and definetely up to par, in others, with my MAC glitter samples), and I really really enjoy them. They all have a very pearly finish, and look less like a pigment on the skin, but like a shadow.

It's also nice mixing a bit of one of the light shades with a light moisturizer, it gives a nice sheen to the skin, since it's so finely milled. I see it as similar to my Strobe Cream when I do something silver- or ivory-based. You could also do a gold-y one for something similar to MoistureGleam.

I'm not sure if they're lip-safe, but I love putting a bit of the "rust" pigment on the centers of my lips after Viva Glam V, or pretty much any other of my matte-based blue-red or browny red lipsticks, followed by clear gloss or even Carmex, so it has a bit of a barrier on the lips. It's really multi-dimensional looking that way.

I can also imagine a light shimmer over a light lipstick like the Blankety I have looking really nice!

As far as EYES go, these are AMAZING! Great color payoff, great blendability, and like the above poster said, a little does go a long way. I really like the browny shades as crease colors, the brights good for both an intense look and a pastel-ish wash of color (when mixed with one of the lighter shades.. i LOVE mixing them!... you really can't lose, when it's so inexpensive!), and the light shades (which i always buy doubles or triples of) are awesome as a browbone highlight or an allover natural-looking wash. They are also really great when used wet as a liner, or an all-over intense lid color. I really like using them for an entire eye look, some days, because I can really blend them well, to create a sheen-y gorgeous look. AND it's easy to paint eyeliner on over them, as they're more of an eyeshadow-like mill than the "grittier" MAC pigment mill.

I also find them to be much more controllable in specific areas of the eye than even MAC pigments. They are more finely milled than MAC pigments, and have more of a "sheen" than a "shimmer," which I find with many MAC pigments, when applied.

All I can say is it's a different look than a MAC pigment, but, IMO, an equally desirable one.

x/o hannah.

PS, I put all of the colors into teensy sample jars (smaller than 5g) and store them in stacks of 2, in one of the shelves of my makeup box. I cannot, cannot deal with the tiny openings of the jars, and they're a lot easier to deal with this way. Also, I keep my backups (2 bottles at a time) in 5g jars, which are mostly lights and darks, and I use them for blending to make lighter or darker colors. I have even created a few custom shades, stored in their own teensy sample jars!

PPS, I can usually get 30 good, rich applications out of a single bottle, and many more if the color plays a supporting role in the look.

SORRY ABOUT THE NOVEL! hehe!

meihwa

Is there any of the shades you girls who have used them would recommend as good "starters", before we end up owning them all? Thanks for all your input!!

faifai

Yes, for a "starter" shade I highly recommend Mocha Pearl. It's the ultimate taupe-y, grey-champagne-neutral color that is beautiful in any light and is a lot like BE Glimmers.

Walnut Pearl is a lovely rich dark brown that is good for a crease color.

Oro Pearl is an ultra-glimmery and bright bronze gold color. If your skin is dark/ethnic like mine then you'll have no problem wearing this color, but if you're fairer you might have some trouble with the flashiness of it.

divaster

I love these powders. I second the recommendation for mocha pearl to start, it is the BEST! I get so many compliments when I wear it. I love this stuff. I will say the bottle is a little inconvenient, I now take one of those little sample jars and transfer some into that to work with.

meiling

oooh I JUST came home from purchasing a few e/s trios of them, now i'll have to go back and get some of these!

Latest posts