Online Forums for MAC Employees

calbear

Hey MAC employees (freelancers and perm):

I was wondering if any of you went to any other forums online targetted towards employees. I love specktra in general (and especially the industry discussion section cause you chicks are hilarious ;-) but I am starting to feel that every thread in mac chat turns into employee bashing regardless of the topic to the point were I almost don't want to answer questions anymore. Help a sistah out, thanx.

Janice

Hey, you get your own forum(s) to bash stupid customers.
th_remoteImage-61.gif
greengrin.gif

Honestly, I wish you would have approached me about your concern and given me a chance to retain you and others here than openly ask what others places people frequent. I'm here to make your experience as positive as possible and input from members is the only way for me to know what needs to be improved on.

GreekChick

It would be amazing if artisttraining.com were to add forums for the MAC employees. A coworker and I have written to MAC about this, they're still keeping us updated on the changes.

calbear

oh no, no no girl - this is no reflection on you or anything like that. The dislike of MAC MA's is on every forum I frequent (from MUA to livejournal etc). I just was looking for a place that was just for MAC MA's that people may frequent on other sites.

Honestly this one is the only forum that employees try to explain situations but the dislike of us is so large that it doesn't matter what we say anymore.

I was just looking for any additional forums - no disrespect intended. you know i love ya and post like crazy ;-)

ms.marymac

I understand what you meant, Calbear. Sometimes I can understand the complaints, a lot of times I feel like it makes the complainer feel better about their life in some way-like when SAs aren't an encyclopedia of LE product names, people think they should be fired, then drug out into the road and shot.
hmm.gif

At any rate like I've said before, it always makes me wonder if people are SO tough on other people in the service industry?

dmenchi

I love MAs and i have great respect for anybody who works ( in the service industry) their butt of listening all day to complaining idiots. don't mean to sound harsh-but MAs are humans ,too
smiles.gif

FacesbyNiki

Calbear, I have to agree with you. I've noticed the nasty comments all over. I've learn to keep comments and answering questions to a mininal because the fear of something 'snitching' or just complaining about every little thing.

There is a spot for us on LJ, I'll leave you a note on myspace about it.

lara

As far as I'm concerned, this sub-forum is our little safe space for venting, sharing information and generally sharing our experiences of what it's like being on the other end of the make-up brush, and I'm willing to go to bat for you in this sub-forum at any time. I have full faith in your collective ability to represent and defend our occupation in the more general areas of Specktra with grace, tact and wit, but in here you're my team and I won't put up with any rude or derogatory comments about you.

If you find that the snippy anti-MUA comments are trickling into the few venting threads we have at our disposal, please PM me with a link and I'll get on it.

amoona

The only forum I come to in general is Specktra. I do wish there was a spot for just MAC MAs as well. I come to Specktra because the "anti-MAC girl" thing is not as strong on here as it is at other places. But I'd love for there to be a place for us MAC MAs to vent about the kind of crap only we can understand haha.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
As far as I'm concerned, this sub-forum is our little safe space for venting, sharing information and generally sharing our experiences of what it's like being on the other end of the make-up brush, and I'm willing to go to bat for you in this sub-forum at any time. I have full faith in your collective ability to represent and defend our occupation in the more general areas of Specktra with grace, tact and wit, but in here you're my team and I won't put up with any rude or derogatory comments about you.

If you find that the snippy anti-MUA comments are trickling into the few venting threads we have at our disposal, please PM me with a link and I'll get on it.

Actually it's really not.
ssad.gif

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
ssad.gif

I know, I know. But it should be, and Janice is developing some active measures to reinforce the industry aspect of this subforum. Like I said, continue to hold your own with grace and good humour in the face of relentless whining and negativity and I will do what I can from this end.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacesbyNiki
ssad.gif

OK, but as your forum moderator she's telling you she's got you back and she's the one who can implement changes. If you want to turn the direction of this forum around to better suit your needs it would benefit you to support Lara by passing your thoughts along to her on how you think we can better serve the MA's who frequent this forum.

FacesbyNiki

*feeling backed into a corner*

I'm just expressing what I feel and what I know that has happened to other artist that have vented here and what has happened to them because of their venting on here. That's all.

I love Specktra, if you can't tell. I will continue to support this spot, that isn't my issue. I just wanted you guys to know what is really going on.

But I will fall back and lurk.

smiles.gif

Janice

You feel pushed into a corner because two staff members replied? I'm sorry but I care about you and your perception of the atmosphere here, so much so that I wanted to openly tell you all that and show you my support. Guess I'll stay out of threads. /falls back to lurk

COBI

I don't work as a MAC MA, but I value the input from those that do. It's funny, though, because I don't really pick up on a anti-MAC MA vibe, but perhaps it because they don't hit close to home for me so I miss them.

In all honesty, this is one of the most positive boards (specktra, in general) that I have ever participated on. But no matter where you go, there will be some negativity.

I think we need to take the good and brush past the bad.

As far as a place for MAC MUAs to vent and "what has happened to them because of their venting on here", it's NEVER a good idea to put venting about work on the web. Unfortunately, people across all industries have been reprimanded or worse for writings online, whether in a bulletin board or a blog. Right or wrong, we ALL have to be careful about what we say and where about our jobs. Even on a MAC MA-only forum, you could have people who run back to management if you say the "wrong" thing. That being said, I actually enjoy reading some of the vents... usually in the back of my head doing a check to make sure I am not like that customer, etc.

I, for one, would be very disappointed if the MAC MA high-tailed it to a different board.

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
You feel pushed into a corner because two staff members replied? I'm sorry but I care about you and your perception of the atmosphere here, so much so that I wanted to openly tell you all that and show you my support. Guess I'll stay out of threads. /falls back to lurk

Actually, I did. It was just the tone I got from it.

This is your forum, express yourself. LOL

Latest posts