Pairing Paint Pots with eyeshadows---suggestions?

cocodivatime

I have a ton of paint pots but I would love some help and suggestions about what everyone is pairing their paint pots with.
th_DANCE.gif

For example yesterday I used:

Indianwood paint pot as a base paired with amber lights and bronze.
It made the colors bolder.

I am clueless about some of my other paint pots. I keep buying them because the colors are so pretty but have not idea what to wear them with.

thanks all

Hilly

I think delft goes well with darker purples. I personally love it with violet pigment.

I really like bare study with goldish pigments too
smiles.gif

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
I think delft goes well with darker purples. I personally love it with violet pigment.

smiles.gif

Do you use the delft on your lids or more higher above the crease? Also so you just put the violet right on top?? Sounds pretty. thanks for the suggestion?

Hilly

I just put it on my lid and into my crease. I use an eyeshadow brush. I then put the violet on top and blend it all together. HTH!

twilightessence

Lets see...

Groundwork: This was my first paint pot and I use to use it for everything LOL. Its a dark brown so it just made the shadow have a little more depth. Now I wear it under my browns, golds.

Greenstroke: Any green or blue color. I have Rolickin' but for some reason I like my Greenstroke more even under Moodring and Mutiny.

Perky: I use this one under my pinks and purples, depending on if I want bright or toned down. This is pretty light so I also use it under my browns if I want them to have a pinkish tone.

Nice Vice: Purple, purple, purple. I LOVE purple. I use this under Violet, Lovely Lily, Illegal Cargo, any shade of purple. I also use it under my pinks if I want them to be a little bolder.

Rolickin': Like I said, I perfer Greenstroke. But this one is really pretty under greens and blues, too.

Groundwork, Greenstroke and Perky I use all the way up to my brown. Nice Vice and Rolickin' I use only on my lid. Hope that helped!

Dani

I love using Artifact under Beauty Marked, it makes the sparkles so vibrant =)

jenjunsan

I wear bare study under just about everything, painterly as well. Right now I am in love with Girl Friendly. I wear it with all my pinks and purples. I use it to just above the crease. Perky is a little more peachy on me and I like to wear it with golds, browns, and peaches.

makeupNdesign

Just to name a few combos:

Deep purple: Artifact with Nocturnelle
Deep warm shimmery brown: Constructivist with Antiqued
Soft Ochre Paint Pot and Bare Study I use under practically everything!

BlahWah

I've loved using Girl Friendly under Neutral Pink, Illegal Cargo, Your Ladyship... anything pink/purple that I'd like stronger but muted... does that make any sense? =P Greenstroke for Springtime Skipper, Golder's Green. Otherworldy for matte-ish bright blues and greens, Rollickin' for the sparkly ones.

Beautiful as Perky is it shows up quite sheer on me so I use it for more neutral looks with Melon, Deckchair, In Living Pink, tho I can also see it with Pink Bronze, Sunplosion, Orange Tangent.

Soft Ochre with anything if I'm in a rush, usually for something more solid and/or matte-ish. Bare Study for rushed and sheer/shimmery.

I haven't touched my Nice Vice since I got it, or my Rollickin' too much. I'll have to try Hilly's combo!

Punky79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
I love using Artifact under Beauty Marked, it makes the sparkles so vibrant =)

drools.gif
I just ran into my room to try this - love love love it!!! Thank you - that's my Saturday night look sorted!

I really like stars n rockets over delft and also the silver from Metal X over blackground.

Susanne

Greenstroke with Aquadisiac and Nylon on top of it

Moss Scape with Humid and Wondergrass on top of it

Delft with Parrot and Steamy on top of it

Rollockin' with Mutiny

Karen_B

Moss scape with Club, or as I saw on Pursebuzz, with Deep Truth.
Fresco Rose with Mauvement, or any lighter shade of pink you want to enhance.
Greenstroke - I like this under the shadows from Fafi quad no 1. It also looks good with Club in the crease, and under Old Gold pigment.
Rubenesque - I think this is Melon in cream form. It looks great with gold and champagne colours, like Gold Mode and Melon pigment, All that Glitters.
Artifact - I don't use this much although it is a lovely colour, but I tried it with Milani Flare (Coppering dupe) and it looked really nice.
Perky - One morning I was in a big hurry, and I just put perky up to the crease and then Shore Leave all over the lid to the browbone. Perky gave a subtle depth to Shore Leave which I liked
smiles.gif

plexivixen

Rubenesque- I love this with Sushi Flower, Swish and Paradisco.
Cash Flow- I love this with colors like Woodwinked, and Amber Lights.

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexivixen
Rubenesque- I love this with Sushi Flower, Swish and Paradisco.
Cash Flow- I love this with colors like Woodwinked, and Amber Lights.

Really? Now i never would have thought of these pairs. Nice.

For rubenesque--do you put the sushi flower, swish or paradisco right on top? Or do you use them complimentary (lid and crease)?

iheartangE

I use Bare Study from crease to brow every day to make my highlight colors more vibrant, and as an all-over base when I'm in a hurry.

Today I did Lovely Lily p/g over Artifact p/p with Brown Down e/s and Carbon in the crease and outer V, and I LOVE it-any shimmery lavender over Artifact always comes out gorgeous, as well as any pale pink colors (my personal favorite is Helium p/g!).

I love Perky under pinks too, and corals like Peppier or Expensive Pink, and my new favorite thing is Perky on the lid with Samoa Silk in the crease!

I love Vanilla p/g over Indianwood p/p on the lid! I've done that with Saturnal e/s in the outer V (from Moonbathe, but you can use any dark olive brown), Amber Lights in the outer V, and Trax in the outer V and I loved them all!

Groundwork p/p is really good for everything, really. Since all of my other p/p are on the warm side I use Groundwork for cool-toned looks like taupes, shimmery grays, and silvers. And of course it's great under any neutral eye!

...That's all the p/p I have, aside from Pharoah from McQueen, and I still have no idea what to do with that one yet
winks.gif
I think you can always do similar color families on top of a paint pot, but I love reading all these unique combos that create totally different colors because I would never have thought of them, haha! HTH!!

Karen_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Delft under Old Gold pigment makes an electric green frost

Oooh, I'll have to try this!

Delft also looks very nice under Ether MES.

User49

I like Groundwork with Club or Groundwork with Romp and a highlighter like shroom or ricepaper...

I like ROllicken with Mutiny PIgment and other blues
smiles.gif

Latest posts