pale pale foundation like the queen in True Blood ??

starlaj

Hey ya'll,

Im REALLY interested to know if anyone can reccomend the make or what they think it could be, that Evan Rachel Wood- Vampire queen, wears in True Blood, her skin is perfect porceline and i love it !! I am very pale, I have used MAC NC15 in most of their foundations and aromaleigh, at the moment im using porceline by loreal true match but its just slightly too brown/orange for me in certain lights, here is what im talking about .....
alg_true-blood_evan-rachel-wood.jpg

Not goth white, but porceline doll white, aromaleigh could definetly be a match for me, but i like more coverage and cream or liquid than powder.

Thank you

xxx

mdjmsj

I hear that Illamasqua makes really light shades and their liquid is supposed to have good coverage. That might be worth checking out.

ForgetRegret

^^^ Like she said, Illamasqua makes very pale foundations...go check out Tahiti's FOTDs, they're gorgeous, and she's got amazingly beautiful porcelain skin.

Pandor@

Thanx for raising this question, starlaj!
smiles.gif

I have an absolutely same problem with foundations, though I'm madly in love with MAC's SFF SPF15 in NC15. Could go a bit lighter/brighter if I found a foundation of the same (at least!) quality.
smiles.gif

elib067

RCMA ivory is VERY pale also and they even have a lighter one, porcelain. This foundation is very opaque coverage, lasts all day, and is sweat proof.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandor@
Thanx for raising this question, starlaj!
smiles.gif

I have an absolutely same problem with foundations, though I'm madly in love with MAC's SFF SPF15 in NC15. Could go a bit lighter/brighter if I found a foundation of the same (at least!) quality.
smiles.gif

IMO Illamasqua's stuff is the same, if not better, quality compared to MAC...and they make everything from a white foundation to black. Good stuff...I'm digging the rich fluid foundation right now...super high coverage, still looks nice on the skin, though.
greengrin.gif

kathyp

Rather than going for the palest foundation you can find, I'd suggest using something glowy like Strobe Cream under your foundation. Or mix a little into your foundation. I've done that a few times, and it does lighten it up a bit while still looking sheer and natural.

Artemisia

I'm really pale and I use Fresh Freshface Foundation in Northern Light.
It's the lightest foundation that I've found so far.
The colour is discontinued though
ssad.gif

They also have a colour called Fair Isle which is also really pale.

Dani California

I have the exact same problem, finding a foundation pale enough, its a nightmare. I reccomend Prescriptives Traceless Tint in level one, its perfect for me.

However I keep hearing horrible rumours of them being shut down/ discontined so am anxious to try others in case I can't get hold of prescriptives.

Caderas

I've heard about a lot of people just buying MAC's Face and Body foundation in white and mixing it with their normal foundation. if you wear about a NC15, you should be good to mix and not have problems! good luck
smiles.gif

ps, on a drugstore note.. i'm currently using Revlon Colorstay in Buff. it's the lightest-warm tone color and it's pretty light. it's lighter than my skin tone and i'm pretty light, haha. but it has a nice light-reflect glow so it appears that way IMO. $10 a pop isn't too bad!

PBunnieP

I 2nd CoverFx...or, a more versatile option is ordering a bottle of MAC Face+Body Foundation in "white" and mixing it with what you already own to lighten it up. That way you can somewhat control the colour [summer/winter] etc.
Hope this helps!
smiles.gif

Zephyra

For daily use, I wear Jane Iredale pressed mineral powder in Bisque (the lightest color) or just the "translucent" PowderMe SPF, both of which are quite sheer and do very little to hide my blemishes. But, I have finally found full-coverage love! I've been using Face Atelier zerominus (white) silicone base mixed with 1 (their lightest skin tone), and because I find it's a bit too pink, I add a drop of yellow Temptu S/B (silicone based) corrector. It's a lot of mixing, yes, but the result is a near-perfect match in any lighting and it wears incredibly well. If I apply it with a sponge or a beautyblender it's easy to control how sheer the coverage is. It also hasn't irritated my breakout-prone, rash-prone skin, so I'm a fan. Another thought is to just buy the Temptu Pro corrector in whatever color/formula you need to correct your liquid foundation, if you find one light enough but slightly off in tone. The big drawback of FA foundation is the price.

Latest posts