***Pics of my new IKEA storage + some stash pics***

user79

Yesterday I headed to IKEA. One of the items I desperately needed was additional makeup storage, so my original plan was to get the Helmer cabinet. But upon seeing how tiny (and homely) that one was, I realized that wasn't going to cut it, so I decided to go for the large, 9-drawer Alex unit. It was on sale too for about $100, down from $150. This drawer unit is absolutely perfect for beauty product storage as the drawers aren't too wide or deep, making it perfect for lots of smaller items on the top 5 smaller drawers, and some bulkier items on the larger bottom 4 drawers. I would recommend the large Alex unit for the serious makeup junky or collector, as it offers a lot of space. The Helmer unit would probably suffice if you have a smaller collection, and it's also a favorite among nailpolish junkies as it fits the bottles perfectly.

Alex was a bit of a pain to assemble...but I managed just fine by myself! All done - isn't he handsome?
ikea3.jpg

Standing next to my vanity - excuse the untidiness! I also got a beautiful orchid at IKEA - my fav flower.
ikea4.jpg

My previous plastic storage set - begone ugliness! Hiding the hideousness beneath my vanity. My old traincase seen on the far right. Can you believe that all my makeup used to once fit in that thing??!!! LOL!
ikea5.jpg

Contents:

ikea6.jpg

ikea7.jpg

ikea8.jpg

ikea9.jpg

I have some other random things in the other drawers but still a lot of empty space which is perfect - more room to grow!

I found a better home for my butterflies...
ikea10.jpg

The orchid I bought
ikea11.jpg

Thanks for looking! I looooove the new setup and I think the Alex unit is a great investment for the serious collector.

yes.gif

OMG! thats awesome! i have the same desk! i just picked it up a few days ago, i should take pics! where did you get those lights at? those a really cool!! i really love the idea that you put extra storage right next to the desk. my collection aint that big yet lol! looks great!
thmbup.gif

Brittni

Very nice! JW - Where did you get or what are your lighting fixtures called, if from IKEA?
smiles.gif
Thanks!

user79

Yep the lighting fixtures are IKEA too but I forgot what they were called. Pretty much all the furniture and the mirrors you see are IKEA except for that plastic storage thingee.

DILLIGAF

I don't have as large of a collection but I can see the benefit of purchasing something like that now. Im just begining to escape my traincase. Does it come in other colors besides white?

malaviKat

Love your collection, as always. (And love your orchid!) I've got two from IKEA... they're gorgeous.
smiles.gif

Hope you have a good time back in Canada. Holiday wishes from Toronto!

MissResha

Im so glad i live 5min away from an Ikea, i seriously go in there and can stay for hours. well maybe not hours but yea, thats really nice! thanks for sharing, i dont think i've seen that storage unit before.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Thanks for sharing! I really want one of those now!
smiles.gif

iagree.gif
I will buy Malm and Alex in January
smiles.gif

Latest posts