• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Pigment: Softwash Grey (sundressing)

miss_spam

Overall 3
Price Value 5
PAckaging Quality 5
Buy again? no..even if i needed to buy another one

This pigment looked really pretty in the pictures but once I actually tried it, I almost wished I could return it to the store. It's a pretty grey color with purple in it. I think that someone would need to be careful putting this on your eyes because if you put it on the wrong way, you'd look like you just came out of a fight and lost.

CrimsonCountess

Pigment Softwash Grey

Overall: 5
Price Value: 5
Packaging Quality: 5
Buy again? Yes (if it ever runs out - but it won't)

This color complements my skintone very nicely. I love that it can be made to look blue, grey or purple depending what it is paired with. I have tons of eyeshadows for many, many different lines and I am using this one 2-3x/wk.

juniperstar

Overall Rating 4
Price: 5
Would you buy this product again? No

The color name is slightly misleading in my opinion. It looks more like a light blue denim color to me. Its pretty in small doses.

Wontpayretail23

Overall Rating 4
Would you buy this product again? Yes

I only gave this a 4 because of the grainy texture (think copper sparkle). But I must say this color is unique because it's not quite grey, and not quite blue. This would probably go well with alot of combinations of colors so I don't regret getting it.

super exotic

Overall 3
Price Value 5
PAckaging Quality 5
Buy again? nope

I was just not into this color. I actually didn't even buy it..I just went to the MAC store and got a sample of it. I don't think I'd ever really use the color. It is a blu-ish grey color. The grey didn't really do it for me

cathythi

Overall Rating: 3
Packaging Quality: 4

Comments: This is one of those pretty in the jar, pretty everywhere else but not me pigments. I press all of my pigments and the blue in this looks more like a violet-blue, the grey is close to my silver pigment. Those tones didnt really 'go' with my olive skintone, I couldnt work it. I probably wont need another one of these.

panda0410

Overall Rating: 4
Would you buy this product again? Like all of my LEs I bought 2

I love this colour!! I have olive skin tone as well and it took a lot of fiddling to find something that worked!! I use this over Dark Soul which I apply wet, the S/Wash grey goes on dry over the top and it takes a lot of the bluey hue out of it, but really it is quite close to silver pigment and I think could probably be easily substitued by that. If I ever ran out I dont think I would buy it again, I would look for a substitute with less blue or buy a potted silver or sparkly grey e/s.

MiZz_LeY

Overall Rating: 4
Price [Value]: 4
Would you buy this product again? Maybe

I think the pigment looks alot nicer in the jar. Once you have it on your eyelids it looks quite different. It's still a nice colour but I'm not sure if I would buy it again, I expected more from it.

ilexica

Overall Rating: 3
Price [Value]: 3

I desperately want to love this pigment, since I practially jumped through fire to get it, but although it's incredibly pretty I struggle to make it work for me. As other users have mentioned, the 'softwash grey' moniker is utterly bizarre since it's not grey at all. It's a pale silver with bright lavender duochrome. What surprised me about laying my hands on it was that although it looks like quite a dark gunmetal metallic in the jar, it's actually quite a pale silver on - think silver metal pigment in tone. I suspect this is why I can't quite get it to work for me. I've layered it over pixel and mauvism paints which bring out the silver and purple respectively, and it's incredibly pretty, but not quite dark enough for a smokey eye. I've also worn it with existential paint which does deepen the shade but brings out the purple far more than the silver. It works better foiled I think to bring out the colour. I like it with mystical mist, and little minx and anti-establishment from the rebel rock collection for a smoked grey/purple look. Texture wise, it is a super frosty duochrome. It reminds me very strongly in fact of cornflower, but with silver rather than blue as the base tone. As such it is quite chunky, 'flakey' and fallout prone and it requires quite a bit of work to ensure that the coverage is smooth. Regarding packaging, this can be found in jars (from Sundressing) or vials (from curiositease). I don't like the vials at the best of times but with this colour the vial packaging is a total nightmare, since it tends to escape everywhere when I try and pick it up with a brush. It's much easier to work with from the jar. Despite these issues it's worth picking up if you come across some since it's a very unusual colour, but try a sample first before shelling out for a jar.

General Comments on this product: