Pigments pictures - could someone help?

PinkBasset

After I last year found out I had couple of fake pigments in my collection I have been panicking about fakes, to which I'm sure some of you can relate unfortunately! I realized I haven't been using my pigments, the ones I didn't buy myself from a Mac store or counter, maybe I'm afraid on some unconscious level that they are fakes too. But because I love the colours I have to know are these legit so I can use them. I inspected them carefully myself and I think some might be autenthic, but because I'm not skilled enough in spotting fakes, like for example our lovely expert Panda here, I leave this to the hands of the professionals! I want to thank in advance for everyone that is willing to help me once again with pigments!
smiles.gif

Here is Violet without a box:

Here is Vanilla:

Here is Mutiny:

Here is Pink Pearl:

Here is Sweet Sienna (forgot to take a shot from the front. The box has a cco?-sticker):

Here is Your Ladyship (also with a cco? sticker on box):

On some pigments the MAC logo on front is lower than others - is it always on the same spot in legit jars? More up than on the middle? Thank you very much, your help is highly appreciated!
yes.gif

Susanne

For me these look real, but I am definitely not an expert in those questions - I hope a MA can help you soon!

abbyquack

I am also no expert but from what little I know, they look pretty legit. I have not seen any signs that really raised any flags...except maybe Pink Pearl b/c the writing is aligned center -- but if it is an older pigment (can't exactly recall when they changed it to left alignment), like 05/06 or so it should be fine.

PinkBasset

Thanks abbyquack! The batch code in Pink Pearl is AB3, so it is from 2003 if I have understood it right. I remember reading that the writing changed to left alignment in 2006?

PinkBasset

icon_bump.gif
Where are all the experts gone? I'd really appreciate if someone could still take a look at these pictures!
smiles.gif

Rita Baumann

These look real to me as well - especially the photos of the bottoms. The backwards 4050 on the bottom of the pigment looks authentic. On the fakes, it is tiny.

Here in this thread are some detailed photos of a good "fake" I purchased. It was actually a good looking fake, but i dumped it anyway because I didn't trust the product safety. I ran the emptied tub through my dishwasher, and now it holds brush cleaner.

I also know for a fact that CCO's sell authentic products.

PinkBasset

Thank you so much Rita for taking a look at these! Maybe I have been extremely lucky to score authentic Your Ladyship AND Sweet Sienna from ebay for a reasonable price (I think they were about 20$ each). These were bought back in the day when I could only spot the obvious ugly fakes.

Latest posts