Pink Glitter

eowyn797

i have two different versions of "Pink Glitter" - one chunkier and one finer... was this one reformulated before it was DC'd? any MAC glitter experts familiar with this one?
smiles.gif

the chunkier one is the same color/consistency as the "Pink" glitter vials i have from that holiday collection way back in 2001/2002, so i know that one's likely real, but i'm not sure about the finer one. i compared the jars and they look the same (the writing on the chunkier one is actually thicker and fuzzier like it might be on a fake).

i want to make sure one of them isn't fake or something....

panda0410

I had Pink glitter and to my knowledge it wasnt reformulated, it was just Dcd. Mine was a chunky style glitter, not like the fine grade glitters in the reflects series. I have to say though that its not nearly as coarse as the old Marigold glitter or the original Red glitter (which was later reformulated) - both of those were much coarser and larger than my Pink. My Pink was closer to the reformulated Red (current) glitter - if that helps???

eowyn797

hrmm... i will have to take pics in the morning. the old Pink is chunky (but not as chunky as some other old glitters) but the finer Pink is definitely not as fine as the reflects glitters (old or new). it would be considered chunky next to those...

BunnyBunnyBunny

I have Pink Glitter, got it around 2005 or so. It's much chunkier than the Reflects, but it is much finer when compared to, say 3D Silver.

eowyn797

okay, here are pics... the chunky one is smaller than the old 3D Silver/Gold, etc, like you said, Bunny, and the smaller one is larger than the new reflects by far....are they both Pink Glitter? they don't have any batch stamps on the bottom (thanks, MAC), so i'm assuming the larger one i have is from before it was reformulated...

pinkglitter1.jpg

pinkglitter2.jpg

MACATTAK

Yes, they are both authentic! I sold all my chunky glitters years ago & Pink was one of them. I still have the finer Pink.

eowyn797

thank you so much! i appreciate everyone's help
smiles.gif
i actually like the chunkier one more, but it seems so hard to find those nowadays... <3

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eowyn797
thank you so much! i appreciate everyone's help
smiles.gif
i actually like the chunkier one more, but it seems so hard to find those nowadays... <3

That's true, it is hard to find! I probably bought mine at least 5 years ago
smiles.gif

panda0410

Thanks for the pic - mine was the chunky one as well
smiles.gif
I sold it earlier this year when I needed some textbooks, pity, although I never used it, it was one of my favourite glitters!

1165Cheryl

Thanks for the pics, I know this is a old thread,lol, but I got a 2001 Pink Glitter and while doing research on it I came across this. You answered all of my questions and now can add it to my stock/store. Thats whats great about this place, it has so much information and can find almost any answer to questions regarding MAC

Latest posts