Pink tones in skin,having trouble with foundations?

Dani California

Hi,

Hope someone has some ideas. I have been having trouble finding foundations to suit. It seems my face has more pink than the rest of me, not by much, but enough to spoil any foundation I'm trying.

I thought I couldn't get one pale enough, but it seems every one I try, I have that dreaded face is still a slightly different colour than my neck. Is it the pink tones doing this?

Ones I have tried:

UD Naked 0.5- looks good when first on, maybe even too pale, til it settles in. Then my pink tones come through, yet it does match my neck when I first apply but looks very very pale on. Maybe too pale.

YSL TE foundation - love this one, but it immediately brings out the pink tones in my skin and my face looks darker, sample in shade BR10

Bobbi Brown Skin - got a sample in porcelain, this is nice on, face only very slightly darker than my neck, doesn't affect the pink tones in my face so much. But I worry as yellow toned ones make me look a bit ill lol.

Any help greatly appreciated as I have no clue what to do here. Thank you in advance xx

shellygrrl

Staff member
Are you matching foundations to your face/jawline, or to your neck? If you still have some of each foundation, try mixing two together, or even all three together, to see if you get something that suits you. For example, mix your YSL with your Bobbi Brown. If the latter has more of a yellow undertone, it can cancel out some of the pink in the YSL, make it more neutral.

Dani California

I always wonder where to match to, as my neck is a lot paler than the rest of me in winter, my face is just slightly rosier/pinker, not much but enough to make it look like foundations that would match, go a teeny bit dark. :/

Have just tried Revlon Naked Skin in Ivory and its not a bad match on me, a tiny bit dark but not way obvious.

Where is the best place to match? I know people take foundation down their jaw and neck but it would look really odd on me, being so pale.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Match it to your neck; then it'll make everything look more even. If you need to, get a white foundation (e.g., MAC F&B (White), Illamasqua Skin Base (1), Illamasqua Rich Liquid (100), Face Atelier Ultra Foundation (Zero Minus)) to mix in to make it lighter.

Latest posts